5th May 2011, 10:56 PM

Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

Can you please list what are the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  2. List of main subjects for IAS exams?
  3. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  4. Optional subject to be taken for a B.Sc(Nursing) student in IAS exam?
  5. Compulsory subjects to be studies for IAS exam?
  6. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
  7. How should I prepare for Civil Services exams like IAS,UPPCS exams? What are the list of subjects from which I can choose?
  8. In 12th which subjects are compulsory for taking admission for BSc Agriculture
  9. Can I apply for RTO or other related RTO post after completing Diploma in Automobile Engineering?
  10. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  11. Model question papers of Intermediate 1st year? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Is provision certificate enough to give the IAS examination? Which are the books to be preferred for its preparations?
  13. How many subjects we have to choose in B.Sc Homer Science? How many subjects are compulsory? -- [New]
  14. Admission in B.Com 2nd year is possible in 2015 if studies 1st year 5 years back?
  15. Eligibility for RAS and IAS exam after BCA? Which subjects are optional and compulsory?
  16. Which subjects should I choose for IAS exam while doing B.Tech IT?
  17. How can I appear for IAS? What should I prefer after 12th? What should I do between BSc and B.Tech?
  18. Is it possible to appear and prepare for IAS exams alongside? Which subjects should I opt for?
6th May 2011, 02:49 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

Here you have to give a paper on a subject of your choice. You can choose from the following subjects:

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
6th May 2011, 06:13 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1232123 View Post
As you know Civils Examination is divided into 3 stages that is

->Preliminary Stage (CSAT )

->Mains Examination

->Personal Interview round

For first stage you have to write examination in Multiple choice Questions Format

the syllabus for the first stage is common to all the persons who are applying for the examination

Coming to second stage

after clearing the first stage you will get a call letter from UPSC for Mains Examination

In this stage only you have to select optionals

there are some mandatory subjects which you have to select and also some optional subjects

the mandatory subjects are One Indian Language and General Studies

the remaining will be Optional subjects

This is all about the compulsory subjects of the CSE

Regards

~AdityA~
6th May 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

how many subjects are there ias exams?
10th July 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

How many subjects we hav to choose for ias exam?
10th August 2011, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

can i write gs in telugu &aptitude in english
27th August 2011, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

can u pls tell me the subjects that i can take with physics, biology, chemistry and english for my 11th...
26th September 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

sir can u please tell me the compulsory subjects for ias?
- as i am a commerce student without maths what are the subjects which i can opt for ias?
-
29th September 2011, 11:11 AM
ch.manoj
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can you please list out the compulsory subjects to be taken for IAS exams?

hi dear
As you know Civils Examination is divided into 3 stages that is

->Preliminary Stage (CSAT )

->Mains Examination

->Personal Interview round

For first stage you have to write examination in Multiple choice Questions Format

the syllabus for the first stage is common to all the persons who are applying for the examination

Coming to second stage

after clearing the first stage you will get a call letter from UPSC for Mains Examination

In this stage only you have to select optionals

there are some mandatory subjects which you have to select and also some optional subjects

the mandatory subjects are One Indian Language and General Studies

the remaining will be Optional subjects

This is all about the compulsory subjects of the CSE

Regards

~manoj~
1st October 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

is there any compulsary subject for ias prelims
13th October 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

What are the benefits due regard to subject for a student who has done MMBS?
9th November 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

hi i am vanitha can u plz tel me about ias exam interview questions and i am studying bca wat subject can i selected in ias exam ?
11th November 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

which subjects are compulsory in main and preliminary in ias exam.please reply immediately to my mail.my mail id is [email protected] i see many optional subjects in prelims and main.but i donot know how many subjects select in main and preliminary in ias exam.REPLY IMMEDIATELY TO MY MAIL.
6th December 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

& how many subjects select in main and preliminary in ias exam? (am M.C.A. background, can u pls tell me which subjects is better for me) can u pls send to my mail. "[email protected]"
24th January 2012, 11:24 AM
abhisek.sonu

Here you have to give a paper on a subject of your choice. You can choose from the following subjects:

Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
9th March 2012, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir Can u tell me nature of marks distribution nd also how many indian languages should i study
3rd September 2013, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

What percentage is required for ias competition????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?