27th January 2011, 08:16 PM
gksingh1988

Career in IT companies after 2 years gap and less than 50% marks in 12th?

Hi

My name is Gopal Kumar singh studying in PRIST university Thanjavur currently in my prefinal year. My education are as follows:-

BTech(CSE)----8.46/10(CGPA)(upto 5th sem)(2008-2012)
12th----44.44%(2006-2008)
10th----57.71%(2004)

I have an year gap of 2 years and also the percentage in my 12th is below 50 please help me regarding my career prospectus as many IT companies will definitely ask for 12th percentage.
Thank You for your kind replies in advance

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  2. AM I eligible to get a job in software companies if I have two years gap between studies?
  3. Is it good to continue B.Tech after 3 years of gap?
  4. Can I get a job after 1 year gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after PG?
  5. Which companies allows students with 2 year gap to sit in campus placement?
  6. Is it possible for me to get the job in software companies with 59% marks in 10th and 49% marks in 12th?
  7. Which companies recruit B.Tech students with 3 years academic year gap between 12th and graduation?
  8. Will my campus placement chances get affected due to 3 years gap between 12th and Graduation?
  9. Which IT Companies am I eligible having 3 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  10. Can I get a job if I have 1 year Gap after 12th, 2 years gap after UG and 2 years gap after MBA(HR)?
  11. Under which category can a Ayurveda Doctor apply in Group I exam? Am I eligible for the exam?
  12. Am I eligible for good IT companies placement if I have less than 60% marks only in 12th?
  13. Details of backlog and cutoff marks required in overall academics to apply in Off-Campus Interviews of TCS, Accenture, HCL and HP? Eligibility to apply?
  14. Have a gap of 5 years between 12th and B.Tech : Will I get a corporate job? How to plan my career?
  15. List of IT companies which can take students with 2 years of gap between intermediate and graduation?
  16. Am I eligible to do graduation course after 6 years gap after completion of 12th in commerce stream?
  17. Can I get job in TCS or other good companies after having 87% in SSLC, 58% in PUC and 65% in B.E? -- [New]
  18. Can I get a job in WIPRO, Infosys, L&T company?
28th January 2011, 06:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career in IT companies after 2 years gap and less than 50% marks in 12th?

is it possible to take a chance to attend the interview to infosys. Because i got 52% marks in 12th standard and i a fresher
1st February 2011, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career in IT companies after 2 years gap and less than 50% marks in 12th?

hiiiiiiiiiiiii
sir my one backlog so iam eligible to accenture
high school percentage 65
inter mediate 72
B.tech 60
18th February 2011, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

I am nikhil kale doing engg in (IT).I want to do M-tech so guide me plz?
21st February 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

i got 69%in 10th,46%in 12th and 68%in b-tech(e&c),please tell me am i eligible for any company?
28th May 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i got below 50% in 12th science tel me options i have.
29th May 2011, 02:26 AM
Unregistered

eligibility of students with less than 50% in b.tech
8th June 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

i have droped class 12 bcoz i fallen ill during the examination session... i lost 1 year... and i have passed class12 in succeding year with 85%... and in b.tech 75% can i get a job in infosys, tcs,..etc such companies...
6th August 2011, 04:03 AM
btcs11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have droped class 12 bcoz i fallen ill during the examination session... i lost 1 year... and i have passed class12 in succeding year with 85%... and in b.tech 75% can i get a job in infosys, tcs,..etc such companies...
yes you can definitely get jobs in top MNCs do not panic about gap in academic.
give true details and if you are questioned about gap in academic in interview make them understand your problem be clear and honest. you have good score in 12th and graduation so you will be considered for jobs.
all the best.
6th August 2011, 04:06 AM
btcs11

hi friends,
gap in academic will be considered by top MNCs if you have a valuable reason. so gap in academic will not affect you career opportunities do not panic about that.
and coming to marks marks required by many companies is atleast 60% in 10th 12th and graduation but dont worry if have less than 60% you can try in some small companies first and with experience you can join in top MNCs because for freshers marks are taken into account.
gud luck.
6th August 2011, 09:40 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there is a lot of problem if you this situation happens in your career,.you have in 12th less than 50% mark & in B.TECH you have performed exilliant mark till 5th SEM.
but when campus come in your campus then they will see first career student
like 60% through out career,you do not worry about that if you are not selected any campus then you go for walk in interview,and there you sure selected,but in there you show your knowledge about your technical.
that is help you because your demerit is the your career mark,is not good at all but merit is the your B.TECH percenage,that will help you to find good job..........

Good Luck.............
6th August 2011, 10:11 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
don't worry you prepare your self seriously to get job through campus selection from your college, now a days many companies come to take the freshers as their employee . there are many companies like ..
TCS
WIPRO
IBM
DELL
ACCENTURE
INFOSYS
etc....
at the time of personal interview you tell your problem be honest to them they will help you ,if in between you can do some short term course it will be more better to get job.

good luck............
6th August 2011, 10:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksingh1988 View Post
Hi

My name is Gopal Kumar singh studying in PRIST university Thanjavur currently in my prefinal year. My education are as follows:-

BTech(CSE)----8.46/10(CGPA)(upto 5th sem)(2008-2012)
12th----44.44%(2006-2008)
10th----57.71%(2004)

I have an year gap of 2 years and also the percentage in my 12th is below 50 please help me regarding my career prospectus as many IT companies will definitely ask for 12th percentage.
Thank You for your kind replies in advance
dear friend,

maximum software company want 60% in through out in career like TCS,CTS,IBM,HP,L&T etc.

some few software company allow 50% above criteria like WIPRO, SYNTEL etc.

so you are eligible for above company.

Also you are eligible for .NET and PHP company so you can contact those company.

All the best.
6th August 2011, 11:59 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

But you can't apply for TOP IT companies like Infosys,IBM,HP,HCL and other top companies.

Top IT companies require 60% marks in 10th,12th and graduation and you don't have 60% marks in you career.you can't apply for top IT companies.

Some companies are also for which you can apply but you have to do hard work for job in company because your marks are not so good.
6th August 2011, 03:28 PM
genius_911

friend it will be very tough for you to get into multinational companies as most of the companies require a minimum marks of 60% in 10th , 12th, and B.tech.. and since you have secured less than 50% in 12th so you will not be eligible for these MNCs.. but dont be upset, you can try in those companies where such criteria is not applicable... search for those..
6th August 2011, 03:44 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am nikhil kale doing engg in (IT).I want to do M-tech so guide me plz?
hi..if you want to do mtech then you have to write the gate examination first ,but as you belong to information technology branch and there is no seperate paper for that branch you have to write the computer science and information technology paper for which the syllabus is just huge because of the students of the cse and it branch writing this same paper ,
the notification of the exam comes out in the month of september or october and the gate examis conducted in the month of february generally the second sunday of february,
i am attching the notification of the 2011 exam and also the syllabus of the computer science paper,you can see the various eligibility conditions and also the syllabus of the examination which will be of great help during preperation for the exam
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs.pdf(56.9 KB, 138 views)
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 152 views)
6th August 2011, 03:53 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...generally the multinational companies like the infosys,tcs,wipro ,accenture ,cognizent,convergys all of these companies ask for an percentage of atleast 65% through out the academic career that means you should have an percentage more than 60% in 10th class,12th class and in graduation i.e engineering.
if you dont have the above elegibility conditions you are not allowed to enter the interview or even attempt the written test and these companies are very strict about the eligibility conditions, but some times they fo allow people having marks more than 60% also but below that there is no chance of getting an chance to even attend the interview during campus placements .
so all those who have an percentage below 60% in there 12th or 10th class can not attend the interview
22nd August 2011, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i am perusing b.tech final year.
10th-61.25% 2003
12th-48.4% 2005
diploma-82.30 2006-2009
b.tech-7.54(6th sem) 2009-2012
my problem is if company ask for 60% marks all over i could not suppress my 12th because maximum 2 yr gap is allowed(if i suppressd my 12th there were a 3 yr gap)
and if i submit my 12th then it dose not support the criteria........ what to do........can u help me....

if i got a chance in a small company.....and work there for1/2 to 1 year then cab i apply to those company who want 60% through out......
23rd August 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

nsir my name is charan
sir i got 77% in10th,59.3% btech and aggregate 75% in B.E.
sir an i eligible for top IT companies
26th August 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

hi after Btech for some family problem i did not able top arrange the job. now since i dont have any experience so how can i able to get a job in engineering field. plzplz let me know as soon as possible.
27th August 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

i hve 78 percent in highschool & 80 percent in inter & i have secured 63 percent in B.Sc..currently i am doing MCA & in MCA i have 52%.Am i eligible for any IT company.Please suggest me
28th August 2011, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

I got 69% in 10th ,47% in 12th, 59 % in graduation and I doing mca stiii I got 8.03 .I have 3 year lack in my through out carrier can I get job?
15th September 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

sir
please mention which companies ask below 50% students
23rd September 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I have secured 61% in 10th, 54% in 12th and 62%agg(1st-6th sem). Which all companies am i eligible for??
23rd September 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Does accenture allow a back at the time of campus recruitement?
26th September 2011, 11:41 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
now a days the all mnc companies are consider gap with specification reason .so plase submit why gap was occured and coming to percentage you have less than 50% only .so now all it candidates are looking more than 60% students.so now you can do one thing in it companies some posts less than 50% candidates are also eligible.so please apply
tcs
wipro
hcl
infosis
cognizant
and so many
good luck
26th September 2011, 11:42 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

my dear friend
now a days the all mnc companies are consider gap with specification reason .so plase submit why gap was occured and coming to percentage you have less than 50% only .so now all it candidates are looking more than 60% students.so now you can do one thing in it companies some posts less than 50% candidates are also eligible.so please apply
tcs
wipro
hcl
infosis
cognizant
and so many
good luck
27th September 2011, 12:45 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

I am very much sorry to say you that you are not eligible for big multi national companies like TCS, CTS, Infosys, Wipro, Satyam,Google, IBM etc. Maximum of these company want a candidate having at least 60% through out of its carrier life.
As because you have less than 60% in both 10th and 12th so I think it will be a big problem to you.
Besides this, a two year gap is also vital. Maximum of the above mentioned companies did not hire the candidate having two year and more than two year gap. So it is also a very huge problem for getting jobs to you.

Now in this situation you are facing a great problem and to recover such kind of problem you have two way :

1. You can now prepare for BPO in different companies because for BPO less than 50%
aggregate are also eligible. But for this you must have a very good communication
skill and for this please prepare from today.

2. Another thing you can do is to prepare for GATE.

So choose any one which you thing the best for you and then go for it.

all the best.
27th September 2011, 02:48 AM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

My dear friend,
I'm afraid to tell you that maximum IT companies wants 60% throughout your academic career and allow maximum 2 years study gap after 12th standard examination.
If have more than 2 years then you are not eligible for this.
But there are some companies which have no such criteria but there will be no job satisfaction and there will be no job guarantee.
27th September 2011, 07:12 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to get a job in IT companies, but as you have secured less than 50% marks in 12th, then sorry to say you that you will not be eligible for any leading IT companies.

IT companies have mention some eligibility criteria..
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria one can appear in the campus drive of those IT companies..

So, you are not eligible..
All the best.
20th October 2011, 01:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am Subhadra Priyadarshini a finalier student pursuing my b.tech in EEE branch in Koustuv institute of Technology & my academic carrier is as follows:

10th:74% 2004 -2005
12th:47.44% 2005-2007
CGPA:7.2(till 6th sem) 2008-2012

I have 1year gap after 2 & i have secured below 50% in 2,so can i sir elligible for any core & software company(tcs,hcl,fujitsu...)
24th October 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friends,
I am having 8 years of experience in IT and having less the 50% in Academic.Am I elagiable to attend interview with TCS?
24th October 2011, 10:56 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

gap in academic will be considered by top MNCs if you have a valuable reason. so gap in academic will not affect you career opportunities do not panic about that.
and coming to marks marks required by many companies is atleast 60% in 10th 12th and graduation but dont worry if have less than 60% you can try in some small companies first and with experience you can join in top MNCs because for freshers marks are taken into account.
gud luck.
4th November 2011, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Hi

My name is Nayan kumar rath studying in BPUT University, orissa currently in myfinal year. My education are as follows:-

BTech(ECE)----8.04/10(CGPA)(upto 6th sem)(2008-2012)
12th----59.3%(2004-2006)
10th----75.4%(2004)

I have an year gap of 2 years and also the percentage in my 12th is below 60 please help me regarding my career prospectus as many IT companies will definitely ask for 12th percentage.
9th November 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

gm sir!!!! I m having a 3 yrs of gap after 12th for preparing for PMT bt nw i m in final year of BE. Is there any company who is going to accept the three yrs of gap in academics???
plz help me out........
13th November 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

i have 65% in xth and 52 in 12th.and 64% in b tech(ece)
plz send suitable companies for me
30th November 2011, 12:12 PM
tuntunia

give true details and if you are questioned about gap in academic in interview make them understand your problem be clear and honest. you have good score in 12th and graduation so you will be considered for jobs.
all the best.
5th January 2012, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

tell me the automobile company that allow to sit in placement of the student having less than 50% marks in 10th standard
13th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

sir i HV completed my B.E COMPUTER ENGG. IN 2011 and secured 69% in last year and my aggregate (of all sem) is 59.064 and
i do hv one yr gap betwn 1styr and 2ndyr during my engineering career,
sir my question is that many companies like wipro ... etc are mentioned that "maximum gap of 2yrs between academics" is allowed .
sir whtr i am applicable for their drive,sir plz dooo reply my mailid: [email protected]
and my 10 th : 70% >>year of passng : 2004 ,
my 12 th: 65% >>year of passng : 2006
10th March 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I scored 68% in 10th, 46%in 10 2 ,68% in BCA,62%in MCA (part time)and got around 10 years of IT
experience. Am I eligble now for the companies like CTS,TCS?
12th March 2012, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

After Graduation i completed MBA (IT) under distance education .Is it considered as academic gap in my career at the time of placement ?Now i am doing MCA
8th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is vicky
i have got 49% in 10th and 50% in 12th and 65% in b.tech
please tell me for which company i am eligible ?
15th July 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is tushar .
i have got 74.5%in 10th and 55.13% in 12th and 78% in bsc.ITM,
15th July 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is Tushar
i have got 74.5% in 10th and 55.16% in 12th and 78% in b.tech
16th February 2013, 11:31 PM
the monk

Thumbs up Re: Career in IT companies after 2 years gap and less than 50% marks in 12th?

you are right.. any company asks about +2 percentage while applying for a job.i have a better idea for you,"elitmus" is one of the entrance exam to get an IT job..they are not ask about your percentages itself.but thy they test the talent of a candidate through conducting exam.in that exam they are going to test you in aptitude, arithmetics,and reasoning only.
they are going to conduct this exam in every year at hyderabad.
application fee:1200
30th April 2013, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I did master in mathematics(60%) in 2005. BSc(55%) in 2003 ,12th (55%) 10Th(69%), which course i should do after this long gap.
24th June 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

i have above 50% in 10th & 12th but below 60% in 12th then how I join in small IT company?
19th September 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

sir i am nitish kumar.i am a btech 3 rd year student in nit calicut .i have two year gap after 12th.will this effect my career or to get job in top companies.my 10th percentage is 68% and 12th is 69%.till now my cgpa is 8.1 out of 10.
reply me soon sir.....please
15th November 2013, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have 3 year gap after 12th ,and having 1.6 year experiance in embedded system will this effect my career or to get job in top companies.
19th May 2014, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I completed M.Sc. computer Science this year (2014) with 65%. I have career like 47% in 10th, 56% in 12th and 70% in B.Sc with IT hnrs. There is one year gap between 12th and B.Sc.
So could you please suggest me that am I eligible for any software company. If yes could you please suggest me some name of them where I can find the opportunity to start my career.

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?