6th November 2010, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Career in Microbiology?

I have done a Bsc microbiology in 2002 and have been working into BPO's since then and now I want to pursue a career in microbiology can you guide me as to what are my options and how I can go about it?

Related Questions:
  1. Career in Microbiology?
  2. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Career in Microbiology?
  4. Different career options after M.Sc or Ph.D in Microbiology and eligibility criteria to get admission in M.Sc? -- [New]
  5. How to make career in microbiology? How may I build research career in microbiology field?
  6. What should I do after restarting my career in Microbiology?
  7. What should I study further after completing B.Sc(Microbiology)? Career opportunities of this course?
  8. Is it a good option to opt for Psychology instead of Maths? Career options after B.Sc. Microbiology?
  9. Can I pursue MBBS after completion of B.Sc in Microbiology? Can I choose “Microbiology” as a career option being an MBBS candidate?
  10. Is it beneficial to study M.Sc(Microbiology) in Abroad for B.Sc candidate?
  11. Career options in microbiology and the colleges offering this course? What is the scope of microbiology?
  12. Which course(M.Sc in microbiology or M.Sc in virology) should I opt for better career opportunities and future prospects?
  13. Which course to do after B.Sc Microbiology for a good career in Microbiology and Research for girls?
  14. How to make my career as a Doctor? I am pursuing degree with Microbiology
  15. How to make my career bright after BSc in Microbiology? Courses available after completion of BSc Microbiology?
  16. List all kind of career opportunities in Microbiology field for graduates?
  17. What are the career options available after MSc Microbiology in government sector?
  18. Eligibility for M.Sc(Microbiology) after B.Sc(Microbiology) and DMLT nearly 18 years ago? Subjects to be opted for M.Sc?
6th November 2010, 05:16 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in Microbiology?

hiiiiiiiiiii yes there is always way when you wish to do something..i think go and apply for M.sc study in correspondence and do some research on this under some guidance which can help you to grap the subject again..
6th November 2010, 06:35 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

The careers in microbiology is really a very attractive & one can find good job opportunities in it-
A large number of students go abroad to pursue Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral studies after getting scholarships through GRE or TOEFL. After completion of Ph.D. they are usually employed by foreign Universities or Research and Development (R&D) wings of major Pharmaceutical Companies

As India is now making a shift from process patent to product patent, large pharmaceutical companies are investing in R&D. As a result, there is an employment opportunity in the area of formulation research, analytical development and clinical research and in new drug discovery.

Microbiologists can also become faculty members in Universities, Colleges or teachers in Schools, etc. For college teaching, a master´s degree may be acceptable along with qualification of CSIR – NET, but a doctorate opens more avenues. Teaching and research at the university level and high level employment with good promotion prospects in non-academic research institutes, private industry and government agencies usually require a Ph.D.

Self employment is also a very good option for microbiologists to start their professional career. They can set up microbiological laboratories of their own and can help in diagnosing the disease and researchers to direct their own research. There are large, private research institutes that conduct Microbiological/ epidemiological studies for Government agencies where there is a sudden outbreak of any epidemic disease. These studies focus on a wide variety of urban and metropolitan problems such as a sudden outbreak of any disease.
6th November 2010, 06:37 PM
ashwani avasthi

Post Re: Career in Microbiology?

Dear friend,
Why are you so nervous your future is so bright in microbiology.
If you study more i.e. msc then you will have so many oppertunities in research field, teaching and etc...
Thank you...
28th December 2010, 06:31 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

There are very wide Career in Microbioloy field. After Completing this course, you will find jobs in many places like research and development laboratories of government and private hospitals, research organisations, pharmaceutical, food, beverage and chemical industries.

Career as a teacher in the field of microbiology is also a good option.

The remuneration of microbiologists depends on the area of specialization chosen by them.

A beginner can earn between Rs.15000-Rs.20000 per month, With experience and qualification, one can expect a higher remuneration.
28th December 2010, 06:39 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are a good opportunity and scope for microbiology students. specially the research field is very much glorious for microbiology student.

but for research first you have to do master degree then you have to complete your P.hd. after master degree also job opportunity in microbiology field will increased than now. you may join as lecturer of microbiology in any institution. you may join as an assistant of any research scholar after completion of your master degree.

also you may join in various company after completion of master degree in microbiology. there are so many options from microbiology. choose the best one for you.

best wishes.
28th December 2010, 06:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Long back you have completed your degree in microbiology in 2002. I don't know why you have not gone for further studies in microbiology.

Anyway now by wishing to pursue career in microbiology is a good option. Now a days there is growing demand for microbiology as it have applications in medicine, agriculture and in other sectors.

If you are interested in teaching biological sciences then go for phd so that you can teach as well as can do your research.

There may be a list of occupations for you with microbiology such as

Microbiologist
Pathologist
Medical lab technician
Medical technologist
physician
public health director
biochemist
chemical laboratory technician
bio medical laboratory manager.
28th December 2010, 07:39 PM
nishant1110

The scope of microbiologists is very wide, both nationally and internationally. Once you complete a master's degree and then enter the following fields.

1. Genetic engineering
2. Vaccine industries
3. Sewage treatment
4. Water contamination research
5. Biodynamic agriculture
6. Biofuel production
7. Research of microbial pathogenicity - plant, animal, human etc.
8. Biotechnology

etc. Further, you can do PhD to specialize in one field
28th December 2010, 09:03 PM
yajvendra

dear friend
microbiology is very important field in todays world there are lot of scopes of microbiology like in researches ,in food industries in hospitals and it's scopes are increasing day by day
28th December 2010, 10:55 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Wink Re: Career in Microbiology?

dear friend,

There is a very bright and attractive future in microbiology now a days.

So many students go abroad to pursue Ph.D. and Post-Doctoral studies. GRE or TOEFL gives schalor. Ph.D is must to go to the research field. There is huge demand in foreign Universities, R&D and Pharmaceutical Companies.

In India also a lot of job oppertunities are there in medical field.

All the best.
28th December 2010, 11:05 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friend

1)That good think , you can do that in part time or full, so that you can go for Research work easily and you can shine very well in your life

2)If you think of doing in Distance Eduction ,then no use for that, you can't do Research work, what you expected

3)you can go for M.Sc in Microbiology and then do P.Hd if you have interest , at that point of time, visit lot of Research Lab and gain more knowledge, that will be very much helpful for your project

Best of luck,Life is yours to choose
3rd January 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

is microbiology a good field what is the maximam salary
8th March 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

the courses of microbiolgist were we have to do any suggestion any good hospital
24th March 2011, 06:44 AM
Unregistered

WHATS THE SALARY?
21st May 2011, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

what to do after completing Bsc microbiology?
1st June 2011, 12:17 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI,
So many facility are available in this study
like:--

1) Company Name : Praj Industries Ltd Designing of rate kinetic experiments, substrate protection and end product inhibition assays, plotting of reaction order graphs, determination of rate constants of reactions, exposure to... More information on and/or Apply

2) Company Name : Venus Remedies Ltd. M.Sc / Ph.D with 4-5 years of experience as Microbiologist in any reputedpharma company Functional Area : Bio Tech, R&D, Scientist...

3) Company Name : Rubber Board 1. Qualification:Essential: Masters Degree in Microbiology with 60% marks or above.Desirable: Six months experience in bacteriological analysis of drinking water, isolation of micro-organisms fr...
5th June 2011, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Hi ,i am bishrut aazadi gautam .i have given exam of 12 this year. i hv choosen biology a major subject.i m confused about my future and worried about it. i want to read microbiology but many student reading microbioloy told me that there is not wide scope in it. is there sope or not?can u explain it briefly?also what r the field of its application.n what is the average salary for the student who hv completed reading the subject in nationally and internationally?
17th June 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

What's Job scope in microbiolgy after B.Sc in West Bengal?
3rd July 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know that how much percentage is required in msc in microbiology to do resarch?can i get job after doing msc in this subject?
5th July 2011, 11:29 AM
Tapan K. Bandyopadhyay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done a Bsc microbiology in 2002 and have been working into BPO's since then and now I want to pursue a career in microbiology can you guide me as to what are my options and how I can go about it?
Pl. describe your background clearly. However, at present, in India, scope of a M.Sc in Microbiology is very less. It is very rare to find out any vacancy for a Master degree student of Microbiology. Overall, salary or scholarship as JRF or SRF or a PhD (if elligibale in India after passing NET) is so poor and very irregular. If you do not belongs to SC/ST/OBC, then your future is totally blank. Thats why in India, no individual student from a middle class family dare to study other than Computer related course. So, my request, it is already 9 years passed you have graduated, no university will select you for M.Sc. in Microbiology, generally. Now everything on you.
9th July 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

hi, 'm 've passed my 12th exam and my mark was 862.I want to do b.sc microbiology. I 'm totally confused.I 've already explained aboud job oppurtunities in the field of microbiology to my parents but they are saying that there is no use in doing microbiology so i need more details about the job oppurtunities.And how much i can earn after microbiology.
25th July 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

is there scope in MBA biotechnology???????? can i do MBA in biotechnology if i am studying microbiology , biotechnology , chem. in my graduation??????
15th September 2011, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

what shall i do after completing m sc in microbiology..
15th September 2011, 05:48 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

So good opportunities in Micro-Biology like

Genetic engineering,Sewage treatment,Biodynamic agriculture,Research in Germ/Bio-Molecular events,Vaccine industries etc

There are so many institutes offering degree in Micro-Biology.such as:

1. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh( Uttar Pradesh )
2. Assam University, Silchar( Assam )
3. Barkatullah Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal( Madhya Pradesh )
4. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli( Tamil Nadu )
5. Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar( Haryana )
6. Christian Medical College, Vellore( Tamil Nadu )
7. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University : Faculty of Science & Faculty of Life Sciences, Aurangabad( Andhra Pradesh )
8. Fergusson College, Pune( Maharashtra )
9. Goa University : Faculty of Science, Taleigao Plateau( Goa )
10. Gujarat University : Faculty of Science, Ahmedabad( Gujarat )
11. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar( Punjab )
12. Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Kangra( Himachal Pradesh )
13. Jiwaji University : Faculty of Sciences & Faculty of Life Sciences, Gwalior( Madhya Pradesh )
14. Karnatak University, Dharwad( Karnataka )
15. Lalit Narayan Mithila University, Darbhanga( Bihar )
16. Lovely Professional University, Phagwara( Punjab )
17. Mahatma Gandhi University : Faculty of Applied Science, Kottayam( Kerala )
18. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal( Karnataka )
19. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli( Tamil Nadu )
20. Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology, Bhubaneshwar( Orissa )
15th September 2011, 06:26 PM
vijendradutt

Microbiologists find jobs in many places like research and development laboratories of government and private hospitals, research organisations, pharmaceutical, food, beverage and chemical industries. Being closely related to biotechnology, there are many similarities between them, making microbiology also a very promising career option. A steep rise in employment avenues for microbiologists is envisaged as a result of growing numbers of above mentioned organisations.
27th April 2012, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka_swengg View Post
hiiiiiiiiiii yes there is always way when you wish to do something..i think go and apply for M.sc study in correspondence and do some research on this under some guidance which can help you to grap the subject again..
Can v du this M.sc biotch by correspondance.
1st May 2012, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

give me the positives career option after completing B.S.C in microbiology
19th July 2012, 12:42 AM
Unregistered

Iwhat are the career scope after doing msc microbiology
6th December 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
My name is Sapna Tivari. I`m study for the B.Sc. firet year. Wath the minimum opt % in B.Sc. for the requar microbiologist job?
Pleas, give me other sajetion in this filed. It`s my hambel request.
6th December 2012, 05:01 PM
priyadarshini patnaik

dear Friend,
Microbiology is a part of science which deal with the study of Micro organism.It is a divison of Biology.
Few course offered by Microbiology:
1.Bachelor of science in Microbiology.
2.Bachelor of science in Applied/Clinical/Industrial Microbiology and in Food technology..
3.Master of science in Microbiology.
4.Master of science in Applied/Medical.
Eligibility:
For Bachelor Degree the student must pass +2 with Biology & Mathematics and minimum 55% to 60% marks in any recognized University/Institution.The duration of the program is 3 year.
For Master degree a student must pass Bachelor Degree in the same field.The duration of this course is 2 year.
There are various job opportunities available for the students of Microbiology.These are follows:
Bio medical scientists
Mycologists
Proto zoologists
Biochemist
Bio technologist
Analysts
Microbiologists
Cell Biologists
Geneticists
Immunologists
Para sitologists
Science Writer
Teachers
Virologists
Employment area for the students of this field:
Laboratories
Private Hospitals
Research Organizations
Universities
Pharmaceutical Industries
Food Industry
Beverage Industry
Chemical Industries
Environmental Agencies
Agriculture Department
These are the basic career opportunities for Microbiology.
25th December 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I passed b.sc in microbiology with 48.37% & i am complete DMLT , Can i get a job
26th July 2013, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

which subject i have to choose allong with micro biology botony or zoology
24th July 2015, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I have passed bsc microbiology with first class now i want to do a course which will be of one year and want to do job what should i do
8th May 2017, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Hey I wanted to know that if I do bsc and msc in microbiology then what are the career options I have. And I don't want to go in teaching so what can I do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?