21st June 2010, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Career as PO in bank

Hello
I have done my graduation in homoeopathy(BHMS) from nehru homoeopathic medical college this year.i want to change my field and to pursue my career in bank as probationary officer.kindly guide me in this respect,regarding its future prospect and how to prepare for it.

4th July 2010, 09:20 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Career as PO in bank

Hello friend,

There are various kinds of bank exams held for recruitment to different posts.

Every year the notification of these exams are given in the Employeement news and also in national dailys.

From there you can find the application procedure for these exams and all the relevant details.

Many national banks like SBI and other private banks like ICICI recruit fresh graduates every year for different category of posts such as probationary officers, junior accountant etc.

For getting more details about these exams please visit:
www.successcds.net/Bank-PO

All the best!
4th July 2010, 09:53 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

After graduation you can apply for Bank P.O exams, But for this you have to scored 60% or more marks in class 12th and 55% or more marks in Graduation or Post Graduation only then you are eligible to appear in bank P.O exams.

After clear the entrance exams, you have to face interview. If you have clear the exams as well as interview then you can get a post of P.O in bank.

But, if you want to clear this exams then you need lots of practice and hard work. The paper of this exams was not easy.

There are very wide career in this field, because in this post you have get all the facilities and your salary is also good. So, please work hard if you want to become
a bank P.O. The new recruitment will comming soon. So always read the employment
newspapers..........
4th July 2010, 04:27 PM
NISAMTI

Hi,
for any bank job...you must write an exam..if you qualify in that exam.then,there will be a personal interview..if you are selected in it..directly you can not get the job as professionary officer..i think..there are exams for each bank seperatly.you must be keen at notifications of bank exams.they will seperatly for clerks....like that..exam is mandatory for bank jobs
4th July 2010, 07:20 PM
bhubaneshwari

Dear friend,
You need to give Bank PO or Clerical exams for becoming a Probationary Officer or Clerk at a bank. The PO exam consists of following parts- Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, General Awareness and English. While Clerical exam consists of Reasoning, Numerical Ability, Clerical Aptitude and English.
You can prepare yourself for these exams on your own by solving test papers or by joining a good exam preparation institute in your city.
All the best!!!
4th July 2010, 10:47 PM
sattuvachan
Senior Member++++

As you have pursued BHMS so , i would like to tell you that there is a good scope for it in India . You can practice it by own or you could be hired by STATE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION but as you have decided to change it , i won't provide you info regarding it ...

As the world is becoming crazier and more so there is a great future prospects for banking and hence the probationary officers .

Various exams by different banks are conducted all over the India for PO and you need to clear the entrance test and the admission will be based on merit list ..

All POs has two year probation period for which you need to perform all the works such as loans , manipulation of accounts and other banking functions and after about ten years you could be working on senior posts such as deputy manager or general manager ..

You can also be promoted for various managerial posts for which exams are conducted after every couple a year ..

You need to prepare for :::

quantitative aptitude

general awareness ( g.k. )

mental ability and logical reasoning

and for preparing these subject , you can use the book published by " arihant " ..

All the best !!
4th July 2010, 10:58 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

there is a great carrier in bank po if are tying for that. since the education qualification required for bank po is graduation and you are fit for that.
here is the guidelines for the bank po:
the followings subjects should have to be prepared for the bank po exams
1) Reasoning 2) Numerical Ability 3) General Awareness 4) English Language
5) Computer proficiency.
beside this you can take coaching from any coaching institute which gives tution on bank po exams.
5th July 2010, 03:07 PM
NISAMTI

every bank has the exam..you must selected...as you want settle as probationary officer..the exams are conducted seperately for different levels of jobs.first main written test...if you are selected in it..i mean shortlisted..then,personal interview will be conducted..here you more chances to get that ..you have studied the courses releting to banking..mostly ,they you prefer..so,you selected in the exam conducted by that bank..okay..dont worry..good luck frend..
5th July 2010, 07:40 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

probabtionary post in bank is a govt. post gazzted in the rank of officer.
to manage the scores of a banks that's the work
6th July 2010, 01:43 PM
pinnache

good and promotive!
in few year you will join the rank of bank manager
6th July 2010, 04:57 PM
NISAMTI

I think..if you prepare for any competitive exam..it is sufficient to write this clerical exam...but...in this sort of entrance exams...english will be given importance during framing up the questionpaper..so,comparativly...you need to have more knowledge in english to write this bank entrance test frend..then,you can get better marks.. All the best friend
11th July 2010, 12:48 AM
drdo99
Banned

sbi p.o forms comes in feb,exams in april.
they are vivid,starting from some clerical jobs to other ranks
p.o in bank is a gazzetted officer.
they have to work in the sector of finance and management.
11th July 2010, 02:06 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have done my graduation in homoeopathy(BHMS) from nehru homoeopathic medical college this year.i want to change my field and to pursue my career in bank as probationary officer.kindly guide me in this respect,regarding its future prospect and how to prepare for it.
Dear friend it is good that you have completed your graduation because minimum requirement and eligibly for giving Bank PO exams is that you should be graduate or you should have a degree.

But friend you have to look for your studies for giving bank exams.

Because the subjects are verbal ability,quantitative ability and verbal ability.
So you have to prepare for it.

You will get the books of exams from the market.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
11th July 2010, 04:04 PM
jalwa

hi
as you want to change your stream and want to join a bank as an po,it is really good field in banking sector and i will suggest you to go forward with these,for these you have to give the exam of different bank and after cracking the exam you can get the job.
18th July 2010, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

i am preparing for bank exam but my maths is weak so i am so confused how i can strong this my phn no is 9899752155 if any one want to suggest me then contct my personal no plz yar help me and suggest me.
i am thinking if i do 5th to 10th class math, then its good for me or not or should be join a good coaching centre if yes then which centre
18th July 2010, 01:29 AM
happy to help

There is vary bright future as a PO in bank
Many leading banks hire PO after the entrance test
some banks are ::
syndicate bank po jobs
uco bank po jobs
andhra bank po jobs
sbi bank po jobs

All the best
18th July 2010, 03:14 PM
Senior Member+++

best to go for a short term course from a good coaching centre it will be helpful because they will provide you study materials and syllabus related to the po exam
then it will be more easier to concentrate only on the required points and topics which are frequently asked
18th July 2010, 03:38 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Hello
Almost all the banks requires that you must hold a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks in order to appear in PO exam. Some banks like SBI also mentions the cut off marks for 12th std.

The PO exam consists of 4 sections namely reasoning, english, numerical ability & current affairs & gk. But some bank PO have an additional marketing aptitude section also. Almost all the questions carry equal marks & there is a ngative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.

After clearing the written exam you will be called for an interview. Some Banks also conducts GD along with PI.
18th July 2010, 07:37 PM
s.k.singh

Dear friend,
really your choice is very good and this has a very bright future in India ,there is a lot of chances and opportunity to development of your carrier in this field, however you want to know and query regarding this examination then do not worry ,
31st August 2010, 04:58 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Bank Probationary Officers are selected on the basis of a written test and an interview conducted by Banking Service Recruitment Board.

It has a wide scope as because it provides a very handsome mony as asalary package ..

Most of the POs reach senior positions such as Deputy Managers or General Managers after about 10 years of service.

And they also get a very highly handsome salary package..

Best Wishes...
6th October 2010, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am working in IT field in automation testing. I want to know which is a better option IT or PO.
29th November 2010, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

plz somebody tell about intenal banking exams happening for promotion after bank po
15th January 2011, 11:46 PM
mukul0094
Banned

For P.O examination the minimum qualification is graduate passed from any recognized university. So you can prepare for this exam. I wish you get a bright future.
all the best.
3rd March 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i have cleared the entrance exam of bank of baroda but due to unavoidable reason, couldnt be appeared for interview. does that exam help me in any way
5th April 2011, 07:36 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

In order to have a carer as Probationary officer in a bank,
The selection procedure for almost all the banks is by
1)Written test
2)Personal interview

The written test may consists of questions from several categories
-Reasoning
-Quantitative aptitude
-General awareness
-General English
-Computer / Marketing knowledge

There is negative marking for the wrong answers and one should qualify in all the areas to go through the written test.

Now a days there is good demand for these positions.

So prepare for the exam well and crack the exam .
5th April 2011, 08:10 PM
chiranjeev90

Bank are inviting ONLINE application for Probationary Officers posts.

Selection will be on the basis of written test .
Written exam will consist of questions on Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Objective English and General Awareness on Socio-Economic Developments. There will also be a Descriptive Test consisting of 5 questions on socio-economic developments and communication skills. The Descriptive Test will be of qualifying nature only.
5th April 2011, 08:29 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
As you have mentioned that you are interested in Bank POs,in the nearby future there are enormous opportunities for it,so you stand a good chance.
The Eligibility for P.O. is graduation with 55% in some of the banks and 60% in some.But most of the banks ask for 55% in graduation.

The topics you need to prepare for this particular exams are as follows-:
Numerical Aptitude,Reasoning(Verbal&Non-Verbal),English and General awareness.
Remember if you qualify the written test then there could be Group Discussion in some of the Banks whereas some of the banks call for Interview after clearing the Written Tests.

So you need to work hard and practice as much as you can,the above mentioned topics for which you can follow R.S.Aggarwal,Lucent,Pratiyogita Darpan etc....

Remember,there is nothing impossible(Logically)provided you have to give your cent percent.
Keep on checking www.bankexamsindia.com for information on Bank Probationary officers vacancies.
Good Luck
5th April 2011, 08:52 PM
dava

There are many bank exams held for recruitment pos. They mostly ask for Graduates, so you can apply online on the respective banks web site . The advisement for the posts are regularly posted in News papers and on the Net too, so you need to check them out, go to the respective bank and first pay the challan as mentioned in the banks advertisement . Then apply online and type the challan code given to to when you pay the challan .

The exam is not very tough if you prepare well , It mostly consist of Quantitative , Reasonable ability , General awareness , Computer knowledge and English . You have to score in every section .
There are many books on the above subjects you can study and many coaching centers which give you coaching for these exams , Nice study circle , Race academy etc.

The www.bankexamsindia.com will give you good information , the exam would be easy but you will have to manage the time . all the best ..
5th April 2011, 10:17 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Career as PO in bank

Quote:
Hello

BANK PO DETAILS

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS

At least 60% aggregate in class 12th and atleast 55% in graduation from a recognized board or university.Here it should be noted that the marks criteria differs with bank but if you have 60% in both class 12th and graduation ,then you are eligible to apply for any bank p.o exam.

CAREER AS BANK P.O

You can choose this career because it contain good salary and you always have the chance to be promoted as manager.

METHODS TO BECOME A BANK P.O

There is only one method and that is EXAM. So, you will have to appear in bank P.O exam and will have to face an interview after clearing the exam.After that you will be appointed as bank P.O.

With Regards
ravik1214
8th April 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

WHAT ARE THE SUBSEQUENT PROMOTIONS AND PAY SCALE AFTER BEING A BANK PO AND TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN BANKING?
14th May 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

What is the initial salary of a bank po
31st July 2011, 05:16 PM
brijeshgzp123

The PO exam consists of 4 sections namely reasoning, english, numerical ability & current affairs & gk. But some bank PO have an additional marketing aptitude section also. Almost all the questions carry equal marks & there is a ngative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.

In order to have a carer as Probationary officer in a bank,
The selection procedure for almost all the banks is by
1)Written test
2)Personal interview

The written test may consists of questions from several categories
-Reasoning
-Quantitative aptitude
-General awareness
-General English
-Computer / Marketing knowledge

There is negative marking for the wrong ans.

Good luck
10th August 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello friends
I am pursuing Bachelor of pharmacy (3 rd year ) but i want to make a career in PSU Banks but my prblm is that i m in 3 rd yr and my graduation will complete in 2013 so after 2013 there will be massive vaccancies for BANK PO ....pls help me
10th August 2011, 07:37 PM
sg1991

Dear friend,
It does not matter which field you belong to. Banking sector is open for all.
But minimum qualification which every bank demands is minimum 60% in 12th board exam.
Some banks demand only 50%.
Various banks conduct their exam from time to time for the post of clerk, P. O. and manager.
Every bank exam generally contains sections of GK, english grammar, logical aptitude etc.
You should join a coaching centre and prepare these subjects.
10th August 2011, 10:00 PM
suchiii

hi
you are interested for bank po ,yes you can make good career in this field bt criteria for applying Bank po are-
you should completed gradation.
Marks in 12th atleast 60% and graduation atleast 55%
you have to give entrance exams for Bank po ,if you are selected than they give you posting in that bank in any branch.
you have to prepare aptitude,reasoning ,english.
10th August 2011, 10:58 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
bank po is having a great future , there are some criteria for bank po exam.
*the candidates should be a graduate from any stream with 60 % mark .
from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 years , relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates.
you can prepare for this exam , for more details about any bank po post you can visit websitehttp://www.bankexamsindia.com

good luck........
10th August 2011, 10:59 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
bank po is having a great future , there are some criteria for bank po exam.
*the candidates should be a graduate from any stream with 60 % mark .
from a recognize university.
*the age limit is 22 - 30 years , relaxation for sc/ st & obc candidates.
you can prepare for this exam , for more details about any bank po post you can visit websitehttp://www.bankexamsindia.com

good luck........
11th August 2011, 12:39 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Career as PO in bank

Quote:
Hello

The bank PO exam is one of the bank exams and the exam is conducted for selecting candidates for the post of probationary officer.

As you done your graduation in homoeopathy(BHMS) you are eligible for the exam,you can check out your eligibility for the exam by referring the following criteria's.

Eligibility:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

For other categories like SC/ST it is 35.
For OBC it is 33.
For Ex-service men it is 5 years exception.

The candidates who have completed their degree from a recognized university are eligible for the exam.

The candidates must have known about computers and should known to function in MS Office.

For more information regarding the exam check at the official site of the bank in which you are going to apply for.

All the best.
11th August 2011, 12:44 AM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

Hi dear,

After graduation you can apply for Bank P.O exams, But for this you have to scored 60% or more marks in class 12th and 55% or more marks in Graduation or Post Graduation only then you are eligible to appear in bank P.O exams.

After clear the entrance exams, you have to face interview. If you have clear the exams as well as interview then you can get a post of P.O in bank.

But, if you want to clear this exams then you need lots of practice and hard work. The paper of this exams was not easy.

There are very wide career in this field, because in this post you have get all the facilities and your salary is also good. So, please work hard if you want to become
a bank P.O. The new recruitment will comming soon. So always read the employment
newspapers..........

Thanks
11th August 2011, 01:21 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

It does not matter which field you belong. Banking sector is open for all.

But minimum qualification which every bank demands is minimum 60% in 12th board exam.
Some banks ask only 50%.

Various banks conduct their exam from time to time for the post of clerk, P. O. and manager.

Every bank exam generally contains sections of GK, english grammar, logical aptitude etc.

You should join a coaching center and prepare these subjects well to get job in Bank sector.
11th August 2011, 01:29 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Dear friend after completing your graduation you can apply for the job of PO.
the job of PO is a very good job and career is very good. the problems that can come in your way are such as your posting should be in India anywhere so be prepare for it and one more thing is that the salary for PO post is aprox 25 to 30 thousands.
16th August 2011, 12:26 AM
balafederer
Senior Member+

Hello,

Career as po in bank. You should complete your 12th at recognized institute.
You will earn more. You will get promotion. So don't want to depend on others.
You have exams for that main exam, written exam you have to do it very well. Prepare very well. You should have some basic computer knowledge. If you passed the examination you will select. Try your level best. Hope for the best.

Thank you
25th August 2011, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

which is better after completing msc go for net or bank po
27th October 2011, 01:17 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

there is a great carrier in bank po if are tying for that. since the education qualification required for bank po is graduation and you are fit for that.
5) Computer proficiency.
beside this you can take coaching from any coaching institute which gives tution on bank po exams.
27th October 2011, 02:19 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

5) Computer proficiency.
28th October 2011, 01:06 PM
dolly91
Senior Member+

hi Dear friend[/B]

newspapers..........
thank you
1st November 2011, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

what is the salary for bank po candidate
15th March 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

what is the job of a PO??
26th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what is the pension scheme for bank probationary officer?
30th July 2012, 09:02 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

In order to make your career in Banking sector as a PO, then you have to clear the exams conduced by various banks for this post. You can also get coaching of that for better performance in the exams.

Best Coaching Centres for Bank PO exams in Delhi are listed below:

1. Target Tutorial, D-1/7, Sector-15 Rohini, Delhi

2. The Study, 139 Golf Links, New Delhi

3. The Pathshala, 23/26 East Patel Nagar, New Delhi

4. The Wise Study Circle, B-51 Cpt. Satish Marg, Rani Bagh, New Delhi.

5. Amity, Amity house, E/25, Defnce Colony, New Delhi

GOOD LUCK
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?