22nd July 2021, 02:55 PM

Colour Blind person can get government job?

I am doing my b.tech 1st year in civil engineering. But unfortunately I am colour blind I think. So in future can i get government job Or not?

23rd July 2021, 02:12 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Colour Blind person can get government job?

There is no government jobs for those who are suffering from colour blindness as color blindness is not included in disability criteria of any government jobs.
But those candidates can apply in private sectors are jobs and teaching job is it good career option for colour blindness candidates.
24th July 2021, 05:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

A color blind person are not eligible for Civil Services Exam but in some Civil Services Exam they are eligible.

You are eligible for the Indian Administrative Services, Indian Foreign Services Exam but you are not eligible for the Indian Police Services exam.

For more information you can visit the official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th July 2021, 08:07 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The Government of India does not recognize Color Blindness as a disability.

According to the Medical norms a colourblind positive person is not eligible for the following jobs either it is officer grade or clerk.

To get further more details you can check out it on Google.
24th July 2021, 09:49 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for government jobs, there is special relaxation for these candidates under person with disability quota.

So, after qualifying in the entrance examination will become eligible for the recruitment.

You can focus on your preparation to qualify in the examination according to the required job.
10th December 2022, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Colour blind person eligible for government
13th February 2023, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

sir I m selected in police clerical post .but color blindness problem.
16th February 2023, 01:49 PM
Antonio 2023

According to the latest guidelines of the Indian government, individuals with color blindness can apply for government jobs, but there may be certain restrictions depending on the type and severity of color blindness.

For example, the Indian Railways and the Indian Army have specific medical standards for color vision, which may disqualify candidates with certain types and severity of color blindness from certain positions. However, there are other government jobs where color blindness may not be a disqualifying factor.
18th February 2023, 12:08 PM
Member+

There are lots of candidates who are suffering from colour blindness. As colour blindness is a inherited disease , the SSC board gives you the many posts option, in which you are eligible to apply. This posts include both Group B & GroupC.

Posts available for Colour-Blind Candidates include:*1.Assistant Audit Officer(ASO); 2.Assistant,; 3.Assistant 4.Superintendent;,*5.Inspector of Income Tax,;*7.Sub Inspectors;,*8.Junior Accountant,;*9.Upper Division Clerk;, 10.Tax Assistant, etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?