22nd March 2015, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Complete information about CID Officer job

I want to join CID OFFICER job. Kindly inform me the complete details about this as soon as possible.

22nd March 2015, 01:37 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Complete information about CID Officer job

CID is the central investigation department in one of the spy department of the Indian agency.

For the Law job post : you should be passed the bachelor degree in LAW with at least 55% marks from any recognized university.

For the Investigation post : you should be passed the bachelor degree with at least 55% marks.

Your age should be between 21-29 years. You must be citizen of India.

Selection Process-

Written exam which consist General aptitude, General knowledge, English Languages

Physical test

Interview
22nd March 2015, 01:41 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join CID OFFICER job. Kindly inform me the complete details about this as soon as possible.
To join CID you need to appear for CGPE exam i.e. Combined Graduate Level preliminary exam which is conducted by SSC board every year.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for SSC CGL exam.

Age criteria :-

(i) Assistant Grade & Sub Inspectors in CBI –
Age between 20 - 27 years.
(ii) Inspectors of CE / IT & Divisional Accountants/Auditors/ UDCs –
Age between 18 - 27 years.
(iii) Sub Inspectors in Central Police Forces –
Age between 20 and 25 years.

Best books for SSC CGL exam :-

The Pearson Guide To SSC Combined Graduate Level (Paperback)
Author: Showick Thorpe, Edgar Thorpe
Publisher: Pearson

SSC Conbined Graduate Level SAC, CISF & CPO Exams Solved Paper 2010 & 2011
by
Kiran Prakashan

Publisher: Kiran Prakashan

SSC Combined Graduate Level(Pre.) Examination Self Study Guide
by
Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications (2011)
22nd March 2015, 02:09 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Complete information about CID Officer job

Brief about CID::
  • CID i.e. Criminal Investigation Department works under government of India. CID has special wing i.e. The investigation wing and Intelligence wing. CID is headed by ADGP i.e. Additional Director General of Police and generally assisted by IGP i.e. Inspector general of Police. CID deals with matters pertaining to crime, prosecution, investigation etc.
Ranks in CID::
  • IGP i.e. Inspector General of Police, DIG,SP,DSP,SP,DSP,Inspector,Superintendent,Sub Inspector,Asst. Sub Inspector and Constable.
Eligibility to Enter in CID department::
  • Minimum qualification required to join as Assistant Sub Inspector in CID is 12th pass. If someone is aspiring to join as Sub Inspector then he should be graduate pass.
  • For higher hierarchy, candidates are required to do graduation and also course in Criminology is an add on.

Examination or Recruitment:: There are two ways to get into CID
  1. One through direct promotion from state police force. Once you have done your graduation, join the police force and after serving two years as an uniformed officer, you will become eligible to get transferred or promoted to CID wing as per your track record and by seniority level.

2. Second is through UPSC examination i.e. you have to write the Civil Service Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Once the notification is published on the website, candidates can fill the online application form after reading the required information. Phases of getting selected are: Written test followed by Interview and Physical test. Once you through from all the phases you will be called as success. Notification of Examination will be out in the month of November/December and conduct of Examination will be in the month of May. Age limits are 21 to 30 years of age as on 1st of August of the year of Examination.
22nd March 2015, 03:05 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

CID stand for Criminal Investigation Department.

CID a crime detection agency under the Government of India.

If you have completed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University then you are eligible to apply Sub Inspector post considered as CID officer.

The age criteria is 20 years and the maximum age limit is 27 years.

OBC category candidates 3 years age relaxation.

SC/ST category candidates 5 years age relaxation.
31st March 2015, 03:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CID (Crime Investigation Department) comes under the government of India.It mainly deals with case of crime and investigation.

You can join it through +2 ,after graduation or even through promotion also.You can seat for the post of Assistant Sub-Inspector after +2. After graduation you can apply for Sub-Inspector.
The examination is conducted by SSC CGL ( Staff Selection Commission ) Graduate Level Examination.
The examination is conducted in two phase.
Written.
Interview.

It is mandatory to qualify in both of them .The question paper contains Verbal -Non -Verbal ability,Mathematical Ability,and General knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?