16th December 2010, 10:40 AM
ramki233

Completed B.Tech in EEE with 71% : How to get a Core Job?

i completed my B.Tech in EEE with 71% still i did not find any core job how can i get?

21st December 2010, 12:16 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Completed B.Tech in EEE with 71% : How to get a Core Job?

Hello,
There is a fierce competition nowadays in almost every field and provided the numbers of engineers being produced every year,things have become tougher for them.

There are opportunities in the core sector for EEE like in the power plants,steel plants etc.Either there are openings for an EEE graduate in the maintenance dept. or in the Instrumentation dept.

Also there are many other companies where you can find jobs.But remember that initially you should not focus much on the salary.Even if you get job in some reputed company in your core filed with less salary better go for it.Once you gain experience you will get number of opportunities.
31st December 2010, 12:04 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Completed B.Tech in EEE with 71% : How to get a Core Job?

Hello dear,

As you have completed your B.Tech in EEE with 71% you can easly get the job in many MNC,private sector.

Only the thing is that you must mantain your vocabulary in english,tecnical as well as softskill, you must have good command over english etc

then only you are eligible for getting job in any companies.

Good luck.............
8th January 2011, 09:11 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Completed B.Tech in EEE with 71% : How to get a Core Job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki233 View Post
i completed my B.Tech in EEE with 71% still i did not find any core job how can i get?
Dear friend,
You have a good percentage in B.tech level,if you have a good technical skill and also a good communication skill then you would be the option for placement...
31st January 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

i am not gettting
28th March 2011, 08:43 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Completed B.Tech in EEE with 71% : How to get a Core Job?

Quote:
Dear friend there is too many core companies for EEE............

But there is so much competition and you should apply for any core company you should give the written test.............

but so many company which take to you and this is very important for all core company...........

if you are in any college then you must try for on-campus placement .this is very important for any college ..........

if you get job from college then there is no so much competition if you go out-side of the college then you type of so many boys available for giving the exam...............

some core company name.....................

1.TATA

2.RELIANCE

3.JINDAL

4.POLARIS

5.SEIMENS

6.ABB

7.PATNI

8.HAVELLS

9.VOLTAS

10.BHARAT BIJLI

11.GODREJ

This type of so many company is available and you can try for all company because every company is good......................
13th April 2011, 08:14 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

There are many core companies both from Government Sector and private sector which Electrical and Electronic graduates can try out for.

Since you have a good aggregate hence your eligible for almost all of the exams conducted by the Public Sector Undertakings(PSU's).There are many companies but the competition is also very fierce.You got to make a proper planning and strategy for getting selected in good companies both form Government and Private sector.

Go through the syllabus part of the exam which your going through and then start preparing.Since your a EEE student you need to concentrate subjects like Control Systems,Electrical Machines,Power Systems,Electrical Circuit Analysis,Pulse Digital Circuits,LICA and DICA,VLSI Design,Heavy Voltage Engineering,Power Electronics.Most of the exams conducted comprises of all the above subjects mentioned above hence you need to focus on these subjects.

Some of the core companies which you can try out for are:-

HAL-click here
National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)-click here,
Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)-click here,
Jindal Steel and Power Limited-click here
Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)-click here
Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)-click here

You can even go through Engineering Services exam conducted by the UPSC Board through which you can get placed in various organizations.you can get the notification in the below link provided.
UPSC Website-click here

You can even go through GENCO,TRANSCO,Power Grid exams conducted by State and National Boards.All the exams which i have mentioned above have their own procedure's for recruiting candidates hence you need to go through these exams individually.
13th April 2011, 09:43 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear friend, you should try for good core companies.some core company name.....................

1.TATA

2.RELIANCE

3.JINDAL

4.POLARIS

5.SEIMENS

6.ABB

7.PATNI

8.HAVELLS

9.VOLTAS

10.BHARAT BIJLI

11.GODREJ

good luck
13th April 2011, 10:29 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

I think you will easily get job in many companies...you need to do post your resume in Tata,Birla ,Infosys,Wipro,Mphysis,Reliance,Patni.etc there are lots of companies....so try...you will get...
13th April 2011, 11:01 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

as a freshers to get core job is very much difficult. some government core company recruit fresher student but the competition in the government job is very much high. till you may try for job in NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc.

other way you may also try for some core company job. some company also offer job for the trained fresher. for this you have to take on training in which core field you want to join. like if you want to work in PLC then you should take training on PLC, you may also take training in Microcontroller, networking, VLSI, FPGA etc. after 3 months or 6 months training you may try for job in core company.

some core company also recruit direct freshers student but it seem very less. till you may try for that. try to search job by the name of the company. visit the website of different core company website you will get recruitment details of that company and you will be able to apply for job if you fulfill eligibility criterion for the particular job.

you may also try for job BSNL JTO if you fulfill eligibility criterion.

best of luck.
13th April 2011, 11:10 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

there are many core companies which hires people who has scored good marks.in some

there is just a personal interview and in some there is written exam ,group discussion and

personal interview.

some of the core companies and their criteria is :

Educational Qualification:
1st class BE/ BTECH (Electrical and Electronics, ECE, CS) from AICTE recognized
University.

Educational Qualification:
B.E/ B.Tech/ M.E / M.Tech (IT,CS, ECE, EEE), MCA, M.Sc (Elect, CS, Tele, S/w, IT)

NTPC

education qualification :60% marks in BTECH .

SAIL

education qulaification :first class degree in BTECH .
13th April 2011, 05:34 PM
tarunsingh40

Quote:
Ans.Nowadays there is a danger competition.
You may try for NTPC, BHEL, SAIL etc.
You can try for BSNL also.
Dont see the salary if you get a job in good company don't worry about salary.
13th April 2011, 06:51 PM
devendergora

Since you have decent score in your Btech , so are eligble for many PSUs like:
National Thermal Power Corporation(NTPC)
Bharat Heavy Electricals limited(BHEL)
Jindal Steel and Power Limited
Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL)
Bharat Electronics Ltd.(BEL)

Further, you can also do Mtech through IITs by giving GATE exam , then definitely you will get good job.
16th June 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

Which is The Better Group In B.Tech?
10th August 2011, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Completed B.Tech in EEE with 62% : How to get a Core Job?
26th November 2011, 04:51 AM
m.khushhal

Hi....
After BE in electrical and also u took software training on java and .net.
Now it is completely left u that to choose the field in which u want to go,bec as both are opposite,on is hardware and software.choose the field ur interested.my suggestion is that go into software as it is not so tough to switch from electrical background.and there are lots of openings for java and .net.but there are less opportunities in lectrical as compared to software.go for it.
14th March 2012, 04:32 PM
kaveribiswas

There is a fierce competition nowadays in almost every field and provided the numbers of engineers being produced every year,things have become tougher for them.

There are opportunities in the core sector for EEE like in the power plants,steel plants etc.Either there are openings for an EEE graduate in the maintenance dept. or in the Instrumentation dept.

Also there are many other companies where you can find jobs.

Good luck..........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?