21st August 2020, 06:28 PM
ankit.abhishek kumar

Is it compulsory to have Mathematics as major subject in Intermediate to be eligible for Group 'X' of IAF?

Sir, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with PCBM subject combination where my major subjects were PCB and additional subject was Mathematics. So, can I join Air Force group 'X'? When can I write the group 'X' examination?

23rd August 2020, 02:24 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Mathematics as major subject in Intermediate to be eligible for Group 'X' of IAF?

Yes, it is compulsory to have Mathematics as major subject in Intermediate to be eligible for Group 'X' of IAF.

Minimum 50% is required intermediate with PCM combination.
23rd August 2020, 06:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to have Mathematics as major subject in Intermediate to be eligible for Group 'X' of IAF?

To be eligible for Air Force Group 'X' exam, you should meet below requirements:
  • You should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and English and at least 50% marks in English in 10+2 standard/equivalent exam.

So, you must ensure that you have secured this much percentage in your Board exams for mentioned subjects. It doesn't matter whether Mathematics was your primary subject or not.

If your marksheet scores meets the mentioned requirement, then you can appear for Air Force Group X exam.

Air Force Group X exam is expected to be conducted in 3rd week of August 2020.
25th August 2020, 10:10 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for Indian Airforce X group recruitment, a candidate is required to have opted for Mathematics, Physics, and English for their Class 12th academics. Also, minimum aggregate marks required in Class 12th is 50% along with 50% marks in English separately.

So, having opted for PCMB group combination, you are certainly eligible to apply the same recruitment, if your language subject is English and you have managed to secure 50% in English as well as in your Class 12th overall as PCMB combination comprises of Mathematics and Physics.

For complete details and updates regarding next IAS Airmen recruitment, you can refer to the link https://airmenselection.cdac.in/CASB/index.html.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?