1st April 2019, 02:48 AM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to study BEd for becoming a Government Teacher?

Hi everyone, I have completed my MA with English Literature. I want to become a Government Teacher. I want to know that studying BEd is compulsory for becoming a Government Teacher? Please let me know immediately.

3rd April 2019, 11:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to study BEd for becoming a Government Teacher?

Yes B.Ed is mandatory if you want to become a government teacher or private teacher from 6th to 12th standard however if you want to be a lecturer in a college then B.Ed is not mandatory.
5th April 2019, 12:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have B.Ed qualification to become government teacher.

The common required qualification to appear for TET is that candidate must have passed either B.Ed or D.Ed qualification.

So, if you want to appear for the examination, you must need to have either B.Ed or D.Ed qualification.
6th April 2019, 08:50 PM
Pradeep679

Yes, It is compulsory for you, in order to apply for the government teacher position. In the case of central government school vacancies, you have to apply in for teachers eligibility test [TET] for applying to these schools. And if you are having a post graduation degree then you should take an M.Ed degree for getting into PGT teacher positions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?