12th May 2010, 01:32 PM
abhishek guha thakurta

Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

hi,

i'm abhishek
i want to know whether taking computer science in +2 is necessary to do computer engineering in future

Related Questions:
  1. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  2. Am I eligible to take computer course after 12th if I don't have mathematics as option? -- [New]
  3. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  4. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  5. Is there any future studying Computer Science in India? Best public colleges which provide Bachelor or Master degrees in Computer Science?
  6. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  7. Computer related Diploma courses to become a Software engineer in future?
  8. How to enter B.tech in Computer engineering after completing Diploma In Computer Science engineeering?
  9. Can I opt for CS in future while pursuing computer science and engineering?
  10. Civil engineering student wanting to transfer to Computer Science/IT stream
  11. What is computer science engineering and how is the future?
  12. Colleges offering M.Tech course in CS and IT branches?
  13. What is a loop in computer programming? How important is computer science in future?
  14. How to join in Hindustan University in CSE group after scoring 93.5?
  15. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  16. What to choose between computer science and mechanical engineering course after 12th?
  17. Which higher studies course I can take after completion of 12th? Engineering or B.Sc Computer Science?
  18. What is the Future of Computer Engineering ?
22nd May 2010, 12:59 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

No dear there is no such requirement.

Only Physics and MAthematics are required for it, But you have to appear for Chemistry also in any Engineering Entrance.

However, students who have Computer Science at +2 level find B.Tech CSE quite easier. As because they have already learnt and familier with programming Languages like- C, C++.

It is adviceable to student those who have'nt opted for Computer Science to learn some programming Languages like- C, C++ if there are serious about getting into B.Tech (CSE).

But that is not mandatory. Students comparetive find easier to cope up with the syllabus of B.Tech having some knowledge of programming Languages.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
22nd May 2010, 05:19 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

no it is not necessary to choose computer science at your plus 2 level if you want to do computer engineering
but it is useful because what you study in computer engineering is programming language so if you take cs at +2 it becomes easier for you to understand the concept
22nd May 2010, 06:38 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek guha thakurta View Post
hi,

i'm abhishek
i want to know whether taking computer science in +2 is necessary to do computer engineering in future
No it is actually preferred but not a mandatory criteria if you are biology background candidate in the +2, you can opt for the computer science as well as the medical sciences courses in the college but in vice versa you cannot opt for the medicine and biology, if you are a computer science student.
You are open to all options !!!!!!!
22nd May 2010, 09:31 PM
sanjusays

No it is not necessary to have computer science in +2....but u need to have physics,chemistry and maths as your subjects in your +2....if u have any institute in mind for engineering check out their criteria for marks in physics,chemistry and maths in +2...its a basic thing which many students tend to ignore and in-spite of getting good marks in entrance don't get admission because of their physics,chemistry,maths marks....Best of luck for future....
22nd May 2010, 10:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

CS in not necessary in 12th to do computer engineering course.
Maths and physics are the compulsory subjects. so, if you have
these subjects in 12th then you are eligible for computer engineering
course after 12th...........
23rd May 2010, 06:00 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

no computer science is not necessary if you want to do computer engineering........so just choose the one in which you are interested i mean biology or CS......
5th June 2010, 08:20 PM
amit.2186

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
hi abhishek,

No computer science is not necessary in 10+2 to do computer engg. all u need is to have PCM or PCMB as your major subjects in 10+2( ie physics,chemistry,maths or boilogy)
Though in your extra time you can do some courses in any of the computer language it can help you in ur B.E/B.Tech degree period but i would suggest you to focus on ur 10+2 first ...
13th June 2010, 11:39 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes computer science its a bright future to you after 12th. and its more company waiting this engineers only.
15th June 2010, 11:52 PM
varunsingh753

No computer science is not necessary in 10+2 to do computer engg. all u need is to have PCM or PCMB as your major subjects in 10+2( ie physics,chemistry,maths or boilogy)
Though in your extra time you can do some courses in any of the computer language it can help you in ur B.E/B.Tech degree period but i would suggest you to focus on ur 10+2 first ...
22nd June 2010, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

in the 1st semester of engineering every one has to learn c then how can those study it who have not taken c in 12th
22nd June 2010, 11:48 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

No dear it not necessary ,if you are interested in doing computer science engineering
then do it ,you need not require any extra knowledge.

The only thing require is interest in the computer.
23rd June 2010, 08:21 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
in the 1st semester of engineering every one has to learn c then how can those study it who have not taken c in 12th

No, problem..!

Candidates those who have not studied Computer Science or C in +2 no problem he/she have to study there in 1st Semester.

Infact there are many Board like- Bihar Board, WBCHSE where CS facility is there but only 10 out of 100 get it, so that does'nt means they done study CSE.
23rd June 2010, 08:30 PM
sandy B

hello friend,i think its really dont require.you can do comp engg with out comp science.in computer science you will learn just basic things.but in b.tech you will learn deapthly..
23rd June 2010, 08:46 PM
coolsaksham.soni

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
It is not compulsory to that you must be having computer to seek computer science branch..
persons having computer in 12 have only one advantage that they are aware of C and C++,which are the basics for computer science branch.But there is a solution that you can learn it from any institute which gives training for computer...
23rd June 2010, 11:53 PM
bholag

dear friend,
computer science is not necessary in 12th to do
computer engineering in future only you should
have little bit of basic knowledge to cope up with computer science.
but at engineering level it is not necessary to have computer at 10+2 level
24th June 2010, 08:27 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

dear frnd

it is not necessary to take computer science in 10+2.

there is no link of this with doing b.tech in copmuter science engineering.

if u will take this in 102 than it will give u little concept about computer.

all the best.
24th June 2010, 10:42 AM
Kumar Mayank

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
Never, that is a necessity.
A basic knowledge about the subject in future is provided in 10+2.
The concept would be again provided in future engineering course.
"Best of luck"
24th June 2010, 06:57 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

Hi abishek,

Not at all necessary. But it will be easy and comfortable in college if you take computer science group in 12th. Most of the students who didnt get merit seat in medical after taking Biology group in 12th are joining in Computer Science Department and going for additional courses. So, dont think without taking CS group, cant do CS engineering. Additional courses are not needed if you take Computer Science group in 12th. Thats it!!All the best
24th June 2010, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

WANT TO DO COMPUTER ENGINEERING BUT DO'NT HAVE COMPUTER AS A SUBJECT IN 12????
27th June 2010, 01:20 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
no, computer science in 12th class is not necessary to enter in computer engineering. For this you have to do 12th with non medical and basic knowledge of computer is sufficient.
7th July 2010, 12:13 AM
Senior Member+++

no computer science is not necessary to enter in computer engg
7th July 2010, 07:03 AM
gohan4

HI
computer science help in 12 help you in Eng. but it is not really necessary

for computer Eng.
7th July 2010, 09:34 AM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
it is not necessary that you have to take computer science in your class 12th to do computer science in engineering,only the compulasary subjects is that you should have physics,chemistry,and maths onlt to give the aieee exam and to take any of the stream.
7th July 2010, 03:25 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
no it is not necessary to take cs in 12th to get computer science and engineering in future.
but you must take it as it becomes very beneficial in college.
if you didn't take do a short term course of all topics from any institute so that won't be numb in college .
15th July 2010, 08:38 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

NO.... only PCM aggregate will be considered to get an engineering seat... so even if you have chosen PCMB at +2.. you can do computer engineering...
17th July 2010, 11:10 PM
sharad3010

hi abhishek
u can easily get into computer engineering even if u didnt had computer in 10+2
its not necessary but still u shd hav it
as thn u will face a little prob to understand it later as in 10+2 ur base will becum so u wl find it easy to absorb in future
18th July 2010, 02:52 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
it is not like that,computer science is not a compulsary subject for the aieee exam,the complusary subject are as follow
1.physics
2.chemistry
3.maths
18th July 2010, 07:30 PM
s.k.singh

it is not necessary to take cs in 12th to get computer science and engineering in future.
Additional courses are not needed if you take Computer Science group in 12th.
31st July 2010, 11:36 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

it is not necessary.

but the necessary things is +2 science with PCM combination.

all the best.........
7th August 2010, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

what does a cse engineering student learn in first semester
29th August 2010, 04:31 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

no, computer science is not necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future.

but maths, chemistry and physics is necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future.

but if you have computer in your 12th class then it will help you in future study.because you have to study computer related subjects like C, C++. JAVA etc.

all the best.
31st August 2010, 03:30 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

no, my friend computer sc. is not necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future..

for doing engineering you should have PCM in 12th..

there is no need of computer sc.

if you interested in computer engineering then, don't hesitate just go for it.

all the best..
31st August 2010, 08:05 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
Computer Sc. is not necessary for Computer Engg.
to take admission in CSE engineering,you should have Physics & Math as well as Chemistry
then you can sit in WBJEE,AIEEE,IIT-JEE exams.
according to the score you will take the Computer engineering stream.

for advance you can course on C,C++ etc...
Good luck.
31st August 2010, 08:18 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
Computer Sc. is not necessary for Computer Engg.
to take admission in CSE engineering,you should have Physics & Math as well as Chemistry
then you can sit in WBJEE,AIEEE,IIT-JEE exams.
according to the score you will take the Computer engineering stream.

for advance you can course on C,C++ etc...
Good luck.
31st August 2010, 08:18 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

dear friend
according to my thinking if u have computer science in ur 12th class then it will help u to do computer engg in future.
there r mant computer related subject in engg such as
1.java.
2.c++
3.c.
4.data structure
etc
if u learn that subject in ur 12th class .then i think it will help u to get good marks in ur engg.
so take decission& make ur future bright.
good luck.
2nd September 2010, 10:34 PM
tina toms

Post Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

no its not necessary.only physics and maths are mandatory subjects for admission.it will be nice if u can learn programming languages like C,C++,java,etc
4th September 2010, 12:08 PM
meeria

Dear friend,
Computer Sc. is not requirement for Computer Engg in +2 label.
to take admission in computer sc.engineering you should have Physics , Math & chemistryin +2 label.then you have to give state label entrance exam,AIEEE,IIT-JEE exams,according to the score you will take the Computer engineering stream.
have a good day
21st October 2010, 11:52 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no that is not true. you may not have computer science in 10+2 level although you may study on b.tech in computer science engineering.

to study b.tech you have to appear in JEE, II JEE or AIEEE examination after studying 10+2 level in science. if you can clear one examination out of these examination then you can take admission in b.tech computer science engineering in an institution. you should secure a good position in these examination.

all the best.
15th November 2010, 08:33 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

No it is not necessary to have computer science in 12th, you can persue computer engineering in future you don't need to worry about it,all the best..
15th November 2010, 11:29 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is computer science necessary in 12th to do computer engineering in future?

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
No not at all ..........you have to do +2 in science subject that enough for taking any branch in engineering.........so well prepare for entrance exam....and take computer science.
16th November 2010, 02:16 PM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
ya abishek computer science is necessary in +2 coz this is the base of the computer eng. if u not do computer science then u can face problems in engineering..............
17th November 2010, 01:26 AM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
no absolutely not . ......to do computer engineering in future certain basics of computer and programing that anyone can get easily
17th November 2010, 11:08 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what does a cse engineering student learn in first semester
in first semester of computer science engineering you do not have study any subject on computer. you have to read some basic subject of engineering.

you have to study mathematics, physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering subject, drawing, workshop etc. but do not think that these are not useful for your engineering other than the getting marks in the first semester. these are basic part of your engineering. you must know these to become a good engineer. you should have a good knowledge in these subject. so do not ignore first and second semester subject.

best wishes.
17th November 2010, 11:20 AM
lakveldi

It is not necessary to take in 12th but if u take computer science it helps few
17th November 2010, 11:37 AM
mishra245

No, Dear in 12th standard there is not necessary computer science.
For further studying for entrance exam physics chemistry and mathematics is important in 12th standard.
17th November 2010, 12:18 PM
Satwinderpal Singh Sandhu

Quote:
hi,

i'm abhishek
necessary u can't say necessary but it is a base it will help u to understand c language easily in b-tech which is difficult to understand for new students . so take cmputer science u will surely helped by it
17th November 2010, 01:08 PM
neethubobby

hey hi
its not necessary to take comp science in your 12th if you want to do comp science in your B.Tech. initially in 12th you will be learning C and C++,which will be the same portions covered in the first two years of comp science engineering
best of luck
17th November 2010, 06:34 PM
Neetu Khatana

No..it is not necessary that U shud know Computer language or u shud have deep knowledge about computers or U shud take Comp. in +2....
When u'll get admission in Comp. Sc., by taking ur subjects seriously..u'll have gud knowledge in Computer field...
17th November 2010, 06:37 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Well my dear friend,

Computer sceince in 12th will not be that much necessary to pursue computer engineering. But if you are thorough with fundamentals of computer that will be an added advantage for you in your engineering.

Fundamentals in the sense
1.ms-office (word, powerpoint ,excel)
2.notepad
3.wordpad
4.paint
5.using web browsers like internet explorer,mozilla firefox,google chrome

these will be more than enough.

in addition if u learn c language that will be excellent.
wish you all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?