2nd October 2020, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

Which courses should I pursue to become a Space Scientist being a 10th student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I want to become a Space Scientist. Currently, I am studying in 10th standard. Which are the courses I should pursue for becoming a Space Scientist? Please let me know asap.

3rd October 2020, 05:41 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which courses should I pursue to become a Space Scientist being a 10th student?

To become a space scientist , you need to opt for either MPC or BiPC course in intermediate /11-12 grade.

Then in graduation ,one should possess relevant education in pure science or engineering disciplines with at least 70 %.
ISRO recruit candidates with PhD in Astronomy, Physics and Mathematics along with engineers in disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, electronics and computer science.
NASA prefers to hire applicants with applicable university degrees, or those in the military with aviation experience and backgrounds.

***Apart from the education, you should be good in analytical and critical thinking skills, mathematical and problem solving skills too..
3rd October 2020, 05:53 PM
Vaisiri

Default Re: Which courses should I pursue to become a Space Scientist being a 10th student?

For you to become a Space Scientist you need to have PhD in Astronomy. So go to science stream for 11th and 12th then, your UG course should be purely physics. And then you can master astrology, astrophysics, cosmology,etc.
3rd October 2020, 06:37 PM
jeet2porwal

You should choose PCM combination in your HS.

For graduation you can go for engineering in Aeronautical branch or any other also.

After your graduation in any Science relevant specialization you are eligible to be Space Scientist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?