2nd October 2020, 09:33 AM
Sohail m...

Whether MSc(Applied Chemistry) is same as MSc(Chemistry) program?

Dear friends, I have a confusion about MSc in Applied Chemistry program. I want to know that this program is of same level as of MSc Chemistry? Please tell me if both courses are at same level.

3rd October 2020, 06:00 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Default Re: Whether MSc(Applied Chemistry) is same as MSc(Chemistry) program?

M.Sc Applied Chemistry is the application of the study of chemical elements and compounds to industry and the arts
Where as M.Sc chemistry ,you will be having organic chemistry( synthesis of organic compounds,mechanism,practicals too),inorganic chemistry( except Carbon element you are to practicals and study about it, in physical chemistry,you have analysis.

Lets say,pure chemistry(M.Sc chemistry) may be concerned with the chemistry of nitrogen as a whole. While the applied chemist is more concerned with the chemistry of nitrogen compounds that have some sort of commercial, technical or medical use.

Choosing this course depends on your interest irrespective of the gender,both the field you can try for government or private job.
3rd October 2020, 06:33 PM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Whether MSc(Applied Chemistry) is same as MSc(Chemistry) program?

No MSc Applied Chemistry and MSc Chemistry is different.

Applied chemistry has an industrial approach/ requirement while pure chemistry is a study of chemistry without reference to immediate applications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?