2nd January 2020, 06:25 PM
mparash

Criteria and procedure to do AMIE in Chemical Engineering?

Hi, I am doing my Diploma in Mechanical Engineer. Can I do my AMIE in Chemical Engineering? Can I change my branch? Is Chemical branch a good option? Which has more scope and job opportunities between Mechanical and Chemical branch?

4th January 2020, 08:27 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria and procedure to do AMIE in Chemical Engineering?

Eligibility criteria and procedure to do AMIE in chemical engineering:-
Eligibility criteria:-

A candidate who has passed qualifying examination with minimum 45% marks is eligible for enrolling into AMIE program.
A pass in English is mandatory and aggregate marks in biology, chemistry and mathematics should not be less than 45%.

Procedure:-
You can download admission form from this website. Download it, print out and attached attested copies of your certificates to prove your educational qualification and age. Send the filled in application form by post of courier.

Scope and job opportunities between mechanical and chemical branch:-
There is no end to scope and job opportunities in both streams.
So, you can choose the stream on your interest.
5th January 2020, 04:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after clearing section A of AMIE, you can change to desired branch of engineering regardless of the branch that you pursued in Diploma.

Since, you wish to change to Chemical branch in AMIE, so you can do so after clearing Section A of AMIE.

Note that both Mechanical and Chemical engineering have good scopes in India. While Mechanical is evergreen branch and you will get opportunities in every sector, Chemical engineering is limited to few sectors only like Food, Pharmacy, Medical and few others. Not only this many IT companies like Infosys, TCS, Cognizant hire Mechanical graduates for the post of System Engineering in their firm.
15th November 2021, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

After finishing amie che can I do m.tech chemical engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?