9th February 2019, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for studying PhD(Mechanical Engineering)?

Hello, I don’t know which exam is to be given. I want to study PhD in Mechanical Engineering. Please tell me I have to give CSIR NET? Or else I have to give UGC NET? Which exam takes for Mechanical Engineering course? Kindly help me.

11th March 2023, 11:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CSIR-NET or UGC-NET, which is to appear for studying PhD(Mechanical Engineering)?

In order to do Ph.D. in Mechanical engineering there is no need to appear in the CSIR NET or UGC NET instead you should appear in the GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) as Ph.D. admissions in top engineering colleges including IITs, and NITs are primarily based on GATE score followed by the interview.

Further, the admission process for a Ph.D. is quite flexible and one can even directly contact their interested guide with a good research proposal for Ph.D. admission even without appearing in the entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?