3rd September 2012, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Which degree can I do after finishing diploma and B.E?

what degree can i do after finished diploma and B.E...pelase tell me

4th September 2012, 02:48 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree can I do after finishing diploma and B.E?

There are few options in front of you however the most logical choice would to pursue M.Tech/M.E. degree since you have completed B.E. There are other options like MBA - Master of Business Administration, but I would strongly recommend against opting for this course.

The best option is M.Tech and this is what you should pursue. To pursue M.tech or M.E which is virtually the same therefore please do not get confused, you will have to appear for the GATE entrance exam.

GATE stands for General Aptitude Test for Engineering which can be taken by any candidate who has completed B.Tech/B.E./M.Sc/MCA degree. The percentage of marks you have obtained in B.Tech does not matter when you apply for GATE exam. You should only have to complete the B.Tech course and then apply for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering.

Now to pursue M.Tech it is not necessary to appear in GATE exam. There are some other exams which can also be taken up by the candidates. However I always recommend the GATE exam because it is the only exam that can get you admission in the IITs or even help you get a job. Because these days a lot of companies require candidates to have appeared the GATE exam.

When you would apply for the job several companies would ask for your GATE score. This happens more often in the Public Sector Undertaking companies as some of the PSUs have replaced the written test with GATE score.

So I would recommend you to start preparing for the GATE entrance exam and then apply for the M.Tech course. Remember that a GATE score is only valid for 2 years after which candidate is required to reappear in the exam in case he/she is applying for the M.Tech exam.

Exam Pattern

General Aptitude - 10 Questions - 15 Marks

Engineering Mathematics - 11 Questions - 15 Marks

Your Engineering Subject - - 44 Questions - 70 Marks

Total 65 questions of 100 marks.

Please remember that there is negative marking in the GATE Exam.
4th September 2012, 04:54 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Dear friend,

You have so many options after completion of your diploma and BE.

Its upto your interest that in which field you want to go.

If you want to continue your studies in your specialization paper then without any doubt go for M.E./M.Tech.

It will enhance your technical skills.

But if you want to go for manegerial sector, then go for MBA.

But friend, before doing MBA i would like to suggest you to get some work experience in your technical field.

Because MBA after 2-3 year work experience is more valuable than simple doing MBA.

Choice is yours.

Good luck.
18th October 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can one do MS after Diploma and Degree?
24th October 2012, 09:32 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello Friend,

You can opt for MBA by applying for various Entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, etc.
The prospects after MBA are very good and if you can complete your MBA from a good college then you will get very good pay package.

You can also opt for M.Tech by going for GATE exam. You will get a stipend while pursuing M.Tech by which you will be able to pay the major portion of your fees.

Best wishes..
20th June 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

which degree can i do after finishing B.E. ? which one is good for me M.E. or Mtech?
10th December 2013, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

i want to maths lecture now i am studying in be
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?