3rd October 2012, 01:58 PM
CHETNAUMESH

Detailed Information regarding Library Science course?

i want to do liberary science course so pl. give detailed informatin about this.

Related Questions:
  1. How to do course of Library Science after doing B.A?
  2. How to do M.Phil in library science after doing M.Lib.ISC? Detailed information about the admission date? What is the fee structure?
  3. Which are the best books for NET preparation?
  4. IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science-Preservation and Conservation of Library Materials Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. How to pursue M.Lib and information science from IGNOU with 57%? I would like to do Ph.D in library science
  6. IGNOU, Master of Library and Information Science-Academic Library System Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  7. How to prepare for Ph.D(sociology) entrancing exam? Is there any age limit to get admission in Ph.D? I have been completed my MA in sociology.
  8. Last date to apply for online and offline UGC NET Exam for Library and Information Science?
  9. Jobs in the field of library and information science? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Universities offering Ph.d in library and information science and procedure of admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Indian Statistical Institute MS in Library and Information Science Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Question papers with answers for Library and Information Science?
  13. Can i become TGT or PGT computer science?
  14. Objective questions and answers for library and information science?
  15. IGNOU Master of Library and Information Science-Fundamentals of Information Communication Technologies Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. PhD admission for Library Information Science?
  17. Which is the best PhD college in uhs,Karnataka? I'm B.Sc graduate of aphu with OGPA of 8.5 and interested in entomology and breeding
  18. Master of Library and Information Science course of C.M.J. University is a recognized course or not? -- [New]
9th January 2013, 12:38 AM
fight1

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding Library Science course?

The career in library includes areas like library and information systems management, classification/cataloguing systems, bibliography, documentation, preservation and conservation of manuscript, collection management, information systems and technology, research methodology, computer applications, reference, statistics and management, information processing, archives management, indexing, library planning, etc.

Library science is constantly evolving, incorporating new topics like database management, information architecture and knowledge management, among others. It is an interesting subject and provides a great opportunity to have the knowledge of wide variety of information sources.

Eligibility of Library Science:
The minimum qualification required to take up a course in Library Science is XII standard.

Graduates from any stream can go for Bachelors degree in library science the duration of which is one year/ two semesters. After that, students can go for Masters Degree in library science, which is of one-year duration/two semesters course. Advanced studies in Library & Information Science include M. Phil and Ph.D. Besides, there are also diploma and certificate courses.

Some of the Major Institutions offering Courses in Library Science:

Indian universities offer degree courses in Library & Information Science, some are:

Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi (Website: www.bhu.ac.in)
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
University of Delhi, Delhi
Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi
Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Sampurnand Sanskrit Vishvidyalaya, Varanasi
Kurukhetra University, Haryana
Panjab University
Gujarat University;
Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
Makhanlal Chaturvedi National Institute of Journalism, Bhopal
Andhra University and Amravati University, Maharashtra
Arya Vidyapeeth Kanya Mahavidyalaya, Bharatpur (Rajasthan)

Thanks...
31st January 2014, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Detailed Information regarding Library Science course?

i want to do library science cource in distance,so i want know list of distance college where i will do this cource.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?