11th July 2011, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Difference between B.Tech after 12th and B.Tech after diploma?

what is the difference between btech after 12th and btech after diploma

1st August 2011, 12:49 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Difference between B.Tech after 12th and B.Tech after diploma?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Difference between B.Tech after 12th and B.Tech after Diploma.

Both courses is same but the entrance examination for both courses is different. B.Tech is the most growing field in the science and technology. I give you the details information about your question.

B.Tech after 12th means :- After completing 12th the B.Tech course is duration of 4 years and you need to appear in the entrance examination for the admission in the B.Tech course. You can also apply for the engineering entrance examination in the appearing of 12th examination.

B.Tech after Diploma :- After completing diploma course you can take admission in the direct 2nd year of B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. You can apply for the lateral entry examination in the final year of diploma.

This is the main difference between the B.Tech after 12th and B.tech after diploma. For the diploma holder candidates many private and government college conducts the lateral entry examination for the admission in the direct 2nd year of B.tech course.

Regards
~Mukul~
12th August 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

B.tech cours after job
13th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

But the differrnce between degree and diploma
14th November 2011, 09:56 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
There is no such difference between these two..

As 12th is equivalent to diploma...

After completion of 12th you can go for any field..
So, 12th is a base of any higher studies..
You have to appear in entrance exams - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, to get admission in B.tech after 12th..

But if you go for diploma course then you can directly join in 2nd year of B.tech course after completion of diploma..
Diploma course means you have already gather some technical knowledge , which will help you to pursue the B.tech course..

Now, you decide that in which way you want to go for B.tech course..

All the best.
19th November 2011, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Hey I am Completed my Diploma in 2008 and aslo now im working in MNC company, now i am trying to complete B.Tech also.

please can you suggest me how to go to B.Tech now parallely with my jod.
20th November 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

heloo all i need some help plzz

i have done my 12th and i want to join the IT filed but mostly karachi university provide a 4 year program w
:( and i wanna do these program in 2 or 3year i mean is there any degree in IT or computer science which Duration should 2 year or maximum 3 year

is there.???????/// plzzz help me everyone thank u all :)
14th January 2012, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

AFTER DIPLOMA HOW MANY YEARS WILL TAKE FOR COMPLEATING BTEC
6th April 2012, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
iam sindhu..is a canditate with btech qualification more preferrable or a canditate with diploma qualification and experience preferrable for a job..plzz give me reply as early as possible.
26th May 2012, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Difference between B.Tech after 12th and B.Tech after diploma?

Quote:
Hey I am Completed my Diploma in 2008 and aslo now im working in MNC company, now i am trying to complete B.Tech also.

please can you suggest me how to go to B.Tech now parallely with my jod.
hello friend you can register yourself in AMIE(Associate Member of the Institute of Engineering) for B.Tech course while doing job. Look for AMIE in google....
6th June 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

difference between after 10th exam and 12th exam for the diploma
15th September 2012, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma in me engg is equilant to 2 nonmedical or diploma in me engg is more valuable than 2?
22nd April 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Hi !

which is having high demand after 10ht diploma and then BTech or after 12th and then B.tech?
22nd April 2013, 06:34 PM
Kunal4u

Thumbs up Re: Difference between B.Tech after 12th and B.Tech after diploma?

Quote:
There is no such big difference. A diploma is of 3 years and you have to spend 2 years after 10th for completing 10+2.
If you opt for diploma, then you are left with only one option to study further in that particular field.
But, as 10+2 is the basis for any type of higher studies, so it opens for you a lot of options to do B.Tech in.
Duration is not much valued as you can take admission through Lateral entry in B.Tech 2nd year after doing diploma. Moreover, a diploma adds a certificate in your Resume.
Diploma is generally opted by those who would like to opt for job and no further studies.
So, I suggest you if you want to do B.Tech eventually, then do it after appearing in 10+2 Exams. Prepare for Competitive exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, CET,etc. and perform well to get admission in top Engineering Institutes of India.
Good Luck
22nd April 2013, 08:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is not much difference. The course remains the same despite of the fact that you decides to do B.Tech after 12th standard or B.Tech after diploma.

To apply for the B.Tech after 12th standard, you need to study and pass 12th standard with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths. After which it is necessary to appear for the entrance exam.

ISEET is the main entrance exam for Engineering in India. It is conducted for admission in various government engineering colleges including the NIT and IIT. There are various private reputed Engineering colleges that also conducts the exam such as Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS).

Apart from that state governments also conduct their own entrance exam for admission. For example Uttar Pradesh conducts UPSEE. Although the central government is trying to convince all the states to accept ISEET exam. Some states have already agreed.

The admission in Bachelor of Technology is given based on your performance in the engineering exams. The big advantage of doing B.Tech after 12th is that you can take admission for the IITs and NITs which is difficult for the diploma holders.

On the other hand the diploma in engineering is taken after completing 10th standard. It is 3 years long course after which you can take admission for B.Tech through lateral entry.

Lateral Entry means that you can take admission in the second year of B.Tech course. One of the advantages of pursuing diploma is that it makes you better prepared for the Engineering graduation course.

The major disadvantage of lateral entry is that it does not offer admission in IITs and NITs. There is no provision to take admission in these reputed universities through lateral entry admission procedure.

Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) is the major exam conducted for lateral entry admission. To appear candidate should have at least 60 percent marks in diploma course.

There are however other entrance exams for lateral entry as well. Some colleges even offer direct admission based on the performance.

Both methods of completing Bachelor of Technology holds same merit when hunting for the job. Private companies prefer to check percentage of student in 10th, 12th and B.Tech before offering job. In case of diploma holder, 12th is replaced in diploma course.
17th June 2013, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

what are the job opportunities after completing diploma in civil engeeniering ?
21st July 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Btech through distance or BE through distance oa AMIE......what is the best for getting job in an industry?
17th January 2014, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

I am doing marketing management at the FET college I am doing my N6 and I will like to study futher n get a Btech. I need to knw what do I need to do.
6th November 2014, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Which one is better to go for a degree, 12th or Diploma? doing degree after 12th offers good job oppurtunities or doing degree after diploma offers good job oppurtunities? PLEASE REPLY...
12th November 2014, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

may i do b.tech if i taked addmission in diploma after my 10th class????? is there no 12th class marksheet wanted in document requirments for btech addmission????
29th June 2015, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

I am a Muslim girl...
I want to know what is more beneficial after diploma btech or after 12th btech...
28th December 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am sukirti belaura ,I been done my diploma from govt. college and now I want to get admission in IIT. Please guide me.
10th September 2016, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th and diploma and currently I am in B.E 3rd year. Is this qualification is equivalent to graduation. Please guide me.
14th August 2017, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir/madam now I am in 2nd year of diploma in electrical engineering. And my question is that if I get any good job after diploma and started doing it how many years will it take for me to do B. Tech after giving 1, 2 or maximum 5 years of break after diploma.
26th September 2017, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Hello I have completed 12. Right now Iam taking diploma course of Mining Engineering and i want to do B.Tech so how will I complete the B.Tech in 2years(lateraly) ???
7th March 2018, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hello I have completed 12. Right now Iam taking diploma course of Mining Engineering and i want to do B.Tech so how will I complete the B.Tech in 2years(lateraly) ???
Because the engineer course is of 4 years after 12 non-medical and when you completed your diploma in 2 years...it covers a 2 years of b.tech the books are totally same upto two years in diploma or b.tech. But the course and study is 2 years upgraded in b.tech...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?