23rd May 2012, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?

sir,

In 2009 i did diploma in civil engineering nd i got 65% of marks.but after diploma i got married. i already gave ecet entrance for bTech i got rank because of my family problems i dint do bTech . but now i want to do bTech without entrance exam

is there any possibility to do bTech without entrance?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer? -- [New]
  2. Which all engineering entrance exams I should appear for? Will I get any relaxation b
  3. Eligibility condition to appear for the engineering/medical entrance exam? Is it true that a student must study atleast 4 years in India prior to appearing for the entrance exam?
  4. Can I take admission in AIEEE after CSIO diploma in Chandigarh? What is the future in PG course after CSIO diploma?
  5. Procedure to get into PG course by appearing for GATE exam?
  6. What is the eligibility of AIEEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Integrated Courses: Btech-Mtech and Btech-MBA Entrance Details
  8. Is there any alternative to appearing for IES entrance exam?
  9. Eligibility to appear in MU-BHM entrance exam for 12th appearing candidate?
  10. Petrochemical Engineering Admission after 12th with PCM? Colleges and Eligibility Criteria?
  11. Syllabus for polytechnic student for btech entrance exam in DTU
  12. Job opportunities after B.Tech in Railway and information about the entrance exam with syllabus?
  13. Should I have to study M.Phil after M.Sc if interested in Ph.D?
  14. Information about the entrance tests for Ph.D Biotechnology? Is it compulsory that MSc should be completed by the time of appearing the entrance test?
  15. Eligibility for entrance exam of Tech Mahindra?
  16. Are Biochemistry graduates eligible for appearing the ICAR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION?
  17. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering-8th Sem-Advanced Design of Structures Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Can I apply for ISRO Entrance Exam after the completion of B.Tech in IT? What is the criteria for ISRO Entrance Exam?
10th June 2012, 01:55 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?

yes you can do b.tech without any entrance exam.there is one counselling conducted by the nay university in which your diploma's marks play important role to take admission into b.tech.the counselling is conducted only on the basis of diploma marks.then you get admission into 2nd year of b.tech
17th June 2012, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

can i take admission in b.tech in babu banarasi das university without entrance exam
23rd July 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

How to get admission in the railway college for b.tech
18th December 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

i have diploma of civil engg. ,how can i take admission in 2nd year?
13th January 2013, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission inB tech through lateral entry if my diploma is not yet clear
14th February 2013, 05:20 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,

In 2009 i did diploma in civil engineering nd i got 65% of marks.but after diploma i got married. i already gave ecet entrance for bTech i got rank because of my family problems i dint do bTech . but now i want to do bTech without entrance exam

is there any possibility to do bTech without entrance?

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can do the engineering without entrance exam.By taking the seat in the management quota or also called as NRI seat.

This is given for the students who want to buy the seat at an extra cost.So that will be only option for you.

In this way you can get a management seat and join the Btech.

You can do the engineering from the 2nd year.

But you need to hurry up because if you do more late then i am afraid they wouldnt allow you to buy the seat if you are over aged.

So better hurry up and contact any engineering college.Good luck.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
21st May 2013, 02:16 AM
megharagiv

from where i can get the btech entrance exam papers with solution.
21st May 2013, 02:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Its been a long time since you completed diploma course. I am not sure whether colleges will accept you for the Engineering course without entrance exam now. But there is still hope.

However my first recommendation will be that you should apply for the Bachelor of Technology through entrance exam. I can understand it will be difficult to prepare for the exam now, but it would be good exercise before you take the engineering course.

Since you have completed diploma, it is possible to take direct admission in the second year of B.Tech through the lateral entry scheme. For which you have to appear for the Lateral Entry Engineering Test.

Your marks are sufficient for this entrance exam but you are not interested in appearing for the entrance exam.

So here is what you should do. Not all colleges conduct written test or entrance exam to offer admission to the lateral entry student.

There are various colleges which will offer you admission based on merit. Your marks maybe are little on the lower side for direct admission but it is still possible.

There is management quota in most colleges through which you can take admission. However here is a catch. Firstly some colleges still want student to have appeared for the entrance exam to get admission under management quota.

Apart from that you will have to pay donation to get the seat. Otherwise you should have some good contacts to get admission under management quota.

In my opinion appearing for the entrance exam is necessary and you should do that. Otherwise admission in good engineering college would be difficult. You will have to apply in some average college where the chances of admission are good since they struggle to fill all vacant seats.
23rd May 2013, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

can I get a engineering seat in top collages did not write any entrance bcoz of bad health
23rd May 2013, 06:14 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Most engineering college take candidates through entrance exam.
There are colleges who takes without any entrance exam but these colleges are not so reputed and doesn't provide placement. Thus, it wont have any value addition.

If you get go marks in entrance exam, you will get good college and good branch too.
You will be placed provided you take studies seriously.
Another advantage of reputed college is the strong alumni base.
These alumni are well settled and working at good position and always help college and their student.

All the best
25th June 2013, 10:25 AM
Winning Spirit

Dear Friend,

* Yes, of course, you are eligible to do B.Tech without appearing for any entrance examinations.

* I would suggest you on how to approach things.

* You can join B.Tech through the counselling scheme that is organised by the state council every year for the allocation and reservation of seats (lateral entry scheme).

* Through this scheme, you can join B'Tech directly in to second year based on the marks you have obtained in your diploma.

* So, the notifications for the same will be around the month of May or June where you will be asked to submit an application form.

Best wishes :-)
13th April 2014, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

can i go for btech without having a good rank in entrance exam and having good marks in 12th std???
12th May 2014, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i did not take entrance exam for btech. can itake admission top college.i hope iget 85%a bove marks
23rd September 2015, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to ask, b.e. And b.tech part time form 2015-16 ke liye admission form kab se release honge.sir reply please
16th January 2017, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Do management quota students face problem in campassing?are they segregated?
26th May 2020, 10:34 PM
Basha757

Prepare for state 1st rank in your respective state boards
Bits pilani reserves seats for board toppers

If ur in telangana and minority even if you fail in entrance exam
You are eligible for attending counselling and exercise options
And get seat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?