19th June 2011, 12:44 PM
parthanjaria

Difference between IT engineering and computer engineering?

please tell me wats the diffence between IT ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING? im relly confused... wat to choose....

Related Questions:
  1. Difference between software engineering and computer engineering? Is computer engineering basic for software engineering?
  2. Difference between IT engineering and computer engineering?
  3. What is the difference between Computer Engineering and IT? Can a person with aptitude and interest in Computer Engineering opt for IT? What are the job opportunities in both?
  4. Difference between CSE at BIT Mesra and Computer Engineering in DTU? Which is the best for the course?
  5. Difference between computer engineering and computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Difference between BCA and BSc? Is Computer Science a different area or does it come under computer engineering? Is B.Tech better than BSc?
  7. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  8. Eligibility criteria to become RTO Officer?
  9. Which is the best field among Electronics and Telecommunication, Computer Science and Computer Engineering? Difference between both?
  10. What is the difference between IT engineering and computer science engineering?
  11. Difference between Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical & Automation Engineering?
  12. Difference between computer science and computer science and engineering? Which one has a better scope?
  13. Is there any difference in engineering colleges which are of the same university?
  14. Difference between B.E Computer Science and B.E Information Technology?
  15. List of streams available to study in B.Tech -- [New]
  16. Which are the good colleges for Automobile Engineering in India? Difference between Automotive Engineering and Automobile Engineering?
  17. Is a AICTE approved diploma an easy route to B.E. or B.Tech or should I opt for regular 12th course? Difference between Diploma in IT,Computer Engineering and Computer Science?
  18. Difference between Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering?
28th July 2011, 06:16 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: Difference between IT engineering and computer engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthanjaria View Post
please tell me wats the diffence between IT ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING? im relly confused... wat to choose....
IT includes Networking, Database, web and programming languages etc.
where as in CS mainly concentrate on Programming languages and Architecture and design also on networking and other subjects but not indepth.
2nd August 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

sir i have chose it . plz tell me this better for me or not. i can chose cse
18th August 2011, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

IT/CSE WHICH IS THE BETTER OPTION?WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM?CAN AN IT STUDENT LEARN THE SUBJECTS OF CSE WHICH ARE NOT IN IT?IF YES WHAT ARE THOSE SUBJECTS?CAN HE COMPETE WITH CSE STUDENTS?
29th August 2011, 03:28 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthanjaria View Post
Both branches are almost same.There is no major diffrence between them.Both branches are having scope in computer field.
The main diffrence is that a computer engineer work with programming and a it engineer work with networking,database.

An other difference is that the computer engineer have the knowledge about hardware as well as software.But IT engineer have only knowledge about software field.so work field are different for both.
But IT engineer can get a job of computer engineer.

If you want to choose any one between both of them than you should choose computer branch.You can have knowlege for both fields like software as well as hardware.

And its depend on your choice and interest.

So all the best
26th December 2011, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

According.. to me both are world wide evergreen branch.. but.. we hav to choose other branch than comp. and IT,
coz.. there are too much competition in this field.. so many comp. and it engi. are made day by day..
so choose other..
according to me..
sorry if u don't like !! !!
16th February 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

can anyone list out IT engineering colleges in mumbai?............please.........
27th February 2012, 08:26 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai friend
Computer Engineering :
Computer engineering is a place where both electrical engineering & computer science courses get combined.
It gives training in electrical engineering , software design , and hardware software integration instead of just software engineering or electrical engineering. A Computer engineering student studies the design of digital hardware and software systems including communications systems and computers. They are involved in many aspects of computing from the designing of individual microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers to circuit design.

Engineering in Information Techonology :

Engineering in information technology deals with the study of designing , development , implementation , support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware.
It involves the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert , store , protect , process , trasmit and securely retrieve information
29th February 2012, 10:48 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
i tells you the difference
in the computer engineering you can learn oftanly about the hardware parts of the computer.
while in the IT engineering you can learn about the software designe of the computer
29th February 2012, 11:00 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
i tells you the difference
in the computer engineering you can learn oftanly about the hardware parts of the computer.
while in the IT engineering you can learn about the software designe of the computer
17th March 2012, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

i want to do bsc biotchnology is a good field
11th June 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

WHICH IS GOOD COMPUTER ENGINEERING OR IT'
29th June 2012, 03:04 PM
tanveersandhu

Well my dear friend CSE and IT are nearly the same with only the difference that IT focuses mainly on the software part and window programming etc. On the other hand CSE focuses on all around i.e software, hardware, databases, data transfer etc. Basically IT has been derived from CSE. Scope is good for both the Branches. Thanks.
29th June 2012, 03:05 PM
tanveersandhu

Well my dear friend CSE and IT are nearly the same with only the difference that IT focuses mainly on the software part and window programming etc. On the other hand CSE focuses on all around i.e software, hardware, databases, data transfer etc. Basically IT has been derived from CSE. CSE is also more wide spread and Vast than IT. There is so much detail. Scope is good for both the Branches. Thanks.
20th July 2012, 10:21 AM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

hai friend
Computer Engineering :
Computer engineering is a place where both electrical engineering & computer science courses get combined.
It gives training in electrical engineering , software design , and hardware software integration instead of just software engineering or electrical engineering. A Computer engineering student studies the design of digital hardware and software systems including communications systems and computers.

Engineering in Information Techonology :

Engineering in information technology deals with the study of designing , development , implementation , support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware.
24th July 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Computer engineering and IT engineering are both same but IT engineering has more scope than that of computer engineering and also allows you to work out of india if you want! When it comes to study, then I must say that study portion of computer engineering is bit easy than IT engineering.so I'll suggest for IT.
25th July 2012, 03:38 PM
sheelasnj

Both branches are almost same.There is no major diffrence between them.Both branches are having scope in computer field.
The main diffrence is that a computer engineer work with programming and a it engineer work with networking,database.

An other difference is that the computer engineer have the knowledge about hardware as well as software.But IT engineer have only knowledge about software field.so work field are different for both.
But IT engineer can get a job of computer engineer.

If you want to choose any one between both of them than you should choose computer branch.You can have knowlege for both fields like software as well as hardware.

And its depend on your choice and interes
22nd February 2013, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the most payed occupation between IT and comp eng
22nd February 2013, 06:49 PM
kvs212011

hai frnd..........

Software Engineering and Computer Engineer both are Have the Same Priority.There is Major difference B/W them..

The SoftWare Engineers are Programmers.Software engineers are Develop the Applications for games,operating systems,and so many.software engineers learn about the system planning and design.they also learn to develop databases that meet user requirements.Information technology programs prepare people to design computer systems. Students learn about computer hardware, software, and networking. They learn to create easy-to-use system designs.

Computer Engineers are Design the Physical Components of the Computer such as CD-Roms,Motherboard Processors,Hard-drive memory.Computer Engineering technology programs prepare people to help Engineers design and build computer systems..students learn about write and test software programs.they also learn about solve computer hardware and software programs.

I think this info will help to you....
6th April 2013, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

a student who completes his/her bachelors in computer engineering can pursue his/her carrier in an IT field?
19th April 2013, 04:07 PM
Lavigne.singer.9

I checked the syllabus of mumbai university for comp engg and IT. Both have similar subjects but are taught different things! Like databases taught in computer branch is about sql queries but in IT its theory part and regarding xml, connection, etc.... Another subject is mobile programming which is taught in IT and mobile computing taught in comp engg. While comp students learn about the complete mobile communication, IT students learn only the programming! And thats unfair coz IT students must know about communication systems more than comp students! Also IT has internet programming for servers, programming for mobiles, gaming architecture and programming, networking, databases, management, accounting and sw testing subjects whereas computer has subjects like system programming, sql, advanced microprocessor, AI and robotics, image processing, mobile communication, web engineering, advanced computer networks....
There is a huge disparity in the subjects taught!! I find IT is treated unfairly....
IT students should know more than comp students when it comes to web, communication systems!
30th April 2013, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

B/w IT and Computer engineering which possecses more salary ???? Basically in India .
6th May 2013, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

which is d bst IT or computer engineering?
24th May 2014, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

IT has more of theory part whereas computer does not but has more scope den IT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?