22nd December 2017, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course? BA can be done after Diploma?

I have completed diploma of 3 years in civil engineering. I want to apply for government PG college for BA. Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course or not? Am I eligible to apply for BA course? Can someone please give me the information on the same?

22nd December 2017, 09:22 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course? BA can be done after Diploma?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BA (Bachelor of Arts) courses after completing your diploma in civil engineering, because to apply for BA course minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 or equivalent qualification (That is diploma course) from government recognized board. Here below are details regarding BA courses after having diploma course:-

- Duration of BA (Bachelor of Arts) courses is 3 years. Here below are details regarding BA courses for which you can apply after having diploma in civil engineering:-

List of BA Courses:-
  • BA in Hindi.
  • BA in Geography.
  • BA in Sanskrit.
  • BA in History.
  • BA in Mathematics.
  • BA in public administration.
  • BA in English.
  • BA in Economics.
  • BA in Education.
  • BA in Library science.
  • BA in German.

So these above mentioned are the BA courses for which you can apply after having 3 years polytechnic diploma course.
23rd December 2017, 06:54 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course? BA can be done after Diploma?

Yes you are eligible to pursue BA from any of the college as because Diploma is also equivalent to Intermediate degree.
You can apply for any stream in graduation.
Your degree should be valid only when your college is recognized otherwise, your degree would not be valid. That is why, check all the details before applying to any college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?