8th February 2016, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Is Lateral entry diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma?

Sir, govt jobs are asking 3 year diploma but I completed diploma in lateral after 12th standard.Am I eligible to attend those exams?

8th February 2016, 11:17 PM
Jitu369

Default Re: Is Lateral entry diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma?

Diploma is 3 years duration course which can be done mostly after 10th examination.

But there is provision made for 12th with PCM & ITI completed candidates in eligibitity criteria of 3 years diploma engineering course. As per this eligibitity criteria a candidate who have completed 12th with PCM or ITI is eligible by lateral entry i.e. he/she will get admission for direct 2nd year of diploma. But the diploma is 3 years duration course. So, diploma completed by 12th students by lateral entry is also consider as 3 years duration diploma engineering course.

So, you can apply for exams of government jobs where the vacancies is for diploma holders.
9th February 2016, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have completed lateral entry diploma then also you are eligible for that government job because you got second year admission in a recognized institute which is approved by AICTE.

There is no difference between both qualification and it will be equal to a 3 years diploma course for any government job.
9th February 2016, 07:53 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for various government jobs with the qualification you possess. There is no problem in it.

But only for those examinations and posts whose educational qualification is Diploma or +2 and not graduation.
9th February 2016, 08:36 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Lateral Entry Diploma course is equivalent to three years Diploma course. If the educational qualification required to apply for a Government job is three years Diploma course then, being a Lateral Entry Diploma holder, you can also apply for Government job examinations. The Lateral Entry Diploma course which is pursued after completion of your 12th standard is equivalent to 3 years Diploma course, so, definitely you can apply for Diploma based government jobs.
10th February 2016, 12:03 AM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

All those examinations whose eligibility is 3 years of continuous Diploma course is not applicable for you as you do not match up with the criteria. You can however, opt for other examinations which do not ask for continuous Diploma course of 3 years.
10th February 2016, 01:03 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, govt jobs are asking 3 year diploma but I completed diploma in lateral after 12th standard.Am I eligible to attend those exams?
Yes, the lateral entry diploma in equivalent to regular 3 year diploma. The regular diploma (3 year) is done after 10th standard (10+3). The lateral entry diploma (2 years) done after 10+2 (10+2+2). Both are valid diploma courses only and both are equal.
10th November 2016, 12:31 AM
PRADIPDEBNATH 545

Sir my name is pradip debnath .I complete diploma in mechanical engineering after vocational education.I admitted in 2nd year through lateral entry scheme after passing (X+2) vocational stream course.Can i apply for sail,drdo,and another government job vacancies where 3 years diploma is mention in notification.
12th December 2016, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir my self Shubham Tiwari
My Question is -;

Is Lateral entry diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma program
26th January 2017, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i am a lateral entry student after 12th basis i can ask 12th 2 year diploma aicte approve yes ya no plss say sir detail i fully confuse sir plss answer my question sir
6th March 2017, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma through lateral entry in Tamil Nada and now am I eligible to write let Kerala 2017
9th March 2017, 09:50 AM
Sam James

Quote:
If the diploma course you studied is a regular one, then irrespective of the mode of admission you could apply for any jobs or exams based on that diploma. For 12th and ITI students there is a relaxation of 1 year (1st year) of study for their diploma course.
23rd July 2017, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

In 2008 i got compartment and in the same year i took admission in polytechnic on 10th basis and in first year of my diploma i have cleared my compartment examination and then in 2012 i have completed my diploma. Can i apply for the government jobs where 10 2 engineering diploma is required ??
25th July 2017, 08:34 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes, the lateral entry diploma is equivalent to 3 year diploma. The only difference is entry procedure for regular 3year diploma candidate who have done 10th can apply but in case of lateral entry candidate who have done ITI or 12th in science stream can apply.

>> In lateral entry the diploma duration of diploma is reduced to 2years from 3 years that means candidate have no need to do first year.

>> You are allowed to appear in all exam in which qualification required is diploma or it's equivalent and it is also applicable in government as well as private sector.
7th September 2017, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Lateral entry for B.tech ( engineering colleges & universities ) are asking 3 year diploma but I completed diploma in lateral after 12 standard .
am I eligible to attend those exams ?
11th September 2017, 12:55 PM
Sandhyab287

Thumbs up Re: Is Lateral entry diploma equivalent to 3 years diploma?

Dear Friend,

Yes, Lateral entery diploma is equivalent to 3 year of diploma.
If you go in diploma course after 10th the you don't need to qualify 12th , so diploma will be of 3 years but if you go in diploma after 12th then your diploma course will be of 2 years. Both are counted equals for all sectors companies government and private.

Regards,
Sandhya
14th September 2017, 12:08 AM
Member+

Yes , you are applicable for those sectors like govt. And private.
Because that's reason is you are also study about diploma first year subjects in 11-12 standard . These syllabus are same to as to diploma 1st year .That's why you are complete study about diploma don't be bother about that.
12th October 2017, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

I have done diploma first year from gla university and second& final year from mangalayatan university.my diploma is three year or not three year please give answer
15th October 2017, 08:14 PM
Member+

Yes, it is equivalent to 3 years diploma. If you have passed out 12th class. You can directly admission in diploma 2nd year because you have already studied in diploma first year subjects.
7th December 2017, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir my education qualifications are I have passed secondary examination, then also I have passed higher secondary education (vocational ). After that I have attend vocational lateral entry examination direct second year in mechanical engineering. Can I apply all diploma government job?
9th December 2017, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

I got lateral entry in polytechnic.so I have to give exams of 1 and 2nd semester. My question is, marks scored in these exams will be add in my final marks for I just have to clear them.
28th March 2018, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Sir, This is Asif Hussain. And my question is i have done my diploma after 12th science with p.c.m. through lateral basis so many of many friend says that i am not eligible for rrb je 2018 application as my qualification did not match up to 3 years regular diploma .Please help me out with this confusion.....
11th April 2018, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Sir this is vinay Kumar j from Karnataka I done ITI in fitter in govt college scvt and diploma lateral entry mech engg I can eligible for govt jobs
6th August 2018, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir I'm Sumant Pradhan and I am going to admission diploma in mechanical engineering from aicte in lateral entry. I have completed isc with Pcm .But I have one confusion that my friends says me that I can't apply government job and also company demands full time diploma. Please reply my question
16th May 2019, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Monika Devi i completed laterally in MA in education in distance. Can I get govt job in college or HS school
16th May 2019, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am Monika Devi i have completed MA in education In a distance mode. Can I get govt job in college or HS school
8th June 2019, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I take admission into B. Tech. after passed Diploma in Lateral entry
8th June 2019, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir can i do btech after lateral entry diploma? All colleges are asking 3 year diploma for btech. How can i do btech after 2 year diploma???
26th July 2019, 04:30 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i am a lateral entry diploma holder (automobile )i was completed my diploma in tamil naidu, Iam prepairing for an exam in kerala (government job)in that job they are asking( three year diploma), i wand to know i can apply for that job?
17th September 2019, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

What is differece between 2 yr diploma and 3 yr diploma?
24th September 2019, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I do 4 years part time diploma from GP pant polytechnic can I apply for government jobs
5th November 2019, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Is Job-Oriented Pre-University Diploma course in Textile Technician by State Council of Vocational Education Government of Karnataka approved by AICTE
26th February 2021, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to apply DECE (LE) after completion of polytechnic after tenth (10).
16th August 2022, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Is later entry to Diploma after 12th without maths equivalent to 12th. I want to do pilot training and I didn't had maths in my 12th then I took lateral admission for diploma. So now I need equivalent certificate of 12th for taking admission in pilot training institute. So am I eligible to obtain equivalent certificate
14th February 2023, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

SIR I M DIPLOMA MINING ENGINEER I COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA IN MINING ENGINEERING AFTER 12TH IN LATERAL ENTRY
SOME GOVN SEC WANTS 3 YEARS REGULAR DIPLOMA IN MINING THEN I ELIGIBLE OR NOT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?