12th May 2016, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?

I am doing diploma in engineering directly after 10th. So, tell me that whether am i eligible for lateral entry in B.tech without doing my 11 and 12 standard?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  2. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech through lateral entry in Aligarh Muslim University for Diploma holder?
  3. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  4. List of universities which offer Lateral Entry in B.Arch to Architecture Diploma holder?
  5. How to study lateral entry B.E after passing lateral entry diploma?
  6. Eligibility criteria of different colleges to apply in B.Tech through Lateral Entry for a diploma holder?
  7. Procedure for lateral entry of diploma holders in UPTU engineering?
  8. Are Lateral Entry admissions possible in IIT after Diploma?
  9. Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12? -- [New]
  10. Can I get admission in any college through lateral entry? Is there any college which provided UG through correspondence?
  11. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  12. Can I apply for AIEEE lateral entry after passing diploma in Metallurgy engineering
  13. Am I eligible for lateral entry 2nd year diploma at an age of 35?
  14. UPTU Lateral Entry entrance papers for diploma holders? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. When will the application forms be issued to get admission for BE course in Lateral Entry?
  16. Can I do B.Arch if I am a diploma in holder in civil engineering? What percentage is the eligibility for B.Arch lateral entry?
  17. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  18. What is lateral entry syllabus of JELET and Jharkhand entry test for diploma holder student in chemical engg
12th May 2016, 11:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?

Yes definitely a diploma holder is eligible to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test to pursue Bachelor of Technology. If you qualify the entrance exam you will be able to get admission in second year directly of engineering degree course.
13th May 2016, 12:28 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12?

Diploma holders are eligible for Lateral Entry into Bachelor of Technology course. Candidates who have done diploma can apply for LEET exam for admission in directly second year of Bachelor of Technology.

1. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. For this exam candidate must have 60% marks in diploma. You can apply for LEET exam of any state.

2. Diploma candidates can also apply for JEE Main exam for admission in government engineering college. But they are not eligible for JEE Advanced Exam for admission in IIT.
13th May 2016, 12:53 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

LEET: Lateral Entry Entrance Test:-

lateral entry admission does not required any percentage criteria in diploma course.

Those candidates who have completed diploma course from a recognised Institute are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course.

Your age should be above 18 years.
13th May 2016, 01:31 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in B.tech course directly even without pursuing 11th and 12th.

To get admission you have to appear for LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test ) conducted by various university for admission in 2nd year of course directly.

The common eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed diploma from any recognised university with minimum 60%. So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible for admission.

The application form for admission are released in month of May.
13th May 2016, 03:25 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding B.Tech Course After Diploma.

Nice to see you in the field of engineering. As you are doing diploma course and want to do B.Tech so after completing diploma you may take admission in B.Tech.

After completing the diploma course you may take admission in the B.Tech course through the lateral entry examination. There are many government/private college which offer Btech course for the diploma holder candidates. You may also appear in the entrance examination in the final year of diploma course.

So, don't worry and study well. You are eligible to take admission in the B.Tech course through lateral entry examination after completing the diploma course.
13th May 2016, 02:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for lateral entry in B.tech course after diploma degree from any recognised university.

The required criteria to get admission in course is candidate must have passed diploma from any AICTE approved university.

So, there is no need to have 11th and 12th qualification to get admission in B.tech course. LEET examination is conducted and candidate have to qualify in it for admission in course.
13th May 2016, 09:16 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech after completion of your Diploma course. Candidates who have completed 11th and 12th standard can get admission only in first year of B.Tech course. Diploma holders are only eligible to get lateral entry admission in B.Tech course.
13th May 2016, 10:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination conducted for diploma candidates to get admission in Bachelor of Technology is Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

To be eligible for this examination, diploma candidate must score at least 60% marks in diploma in order to become eligible for LEET.

You can apply for this exam. Notitication will be relased in last week of May for different state technical universities.
14th May 2016, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing diploma in engineering directly after 10th. So, tell me that whether am i eligible for lateral entry in B.tech without doing my 11 and 12 standard?

Yes definitely you can take admission through lateral entry in engineering courses. Most of the engineering colleges offer lateral entry and no need to do 11 and 12 class. Some best institutes you can check out BITS, Lovely Professional University, Osmania University. Hope this helps.
14th May 2016, 06:23 PM
Yachna Singh

Hey!
Yes of course you can have admission in B.tech after pursuing your Diploma. Many of the reputed universities do provide the facility of Pursuing graduation degree after pursuing Diploma. Recently many students took degree from Lovely Professional University and JNTU university of engineering after pursuing diploma in a particular stream.
14th May 2016, 07:49 PM
monu2681992

Yes of-course Diploma holder can get lateral entry into B.Tech without doing 11 and 12. While doing your Diploma course you are indirectly doing your 11th as well as 12th class study that is the reason after 10th Diploma Course consist of 3 years.

2 years is dedicated for 11th as well as 12th and the last year that is 3rd years is dedicated for B.tech 1st year. This is the reason that after completion of your Diploma you are directly enrolled to the 2nd year of any technical degree course.
19th November 2017, 05:57 AM
Unregistered

I have done my diploma in Materials Management which is diploma course of Material Science & Engineering. Now I want to take my admission in B.E in Material Science & Engineering. So my question is this am I eligible for to get a lateral entry in B.E.?
2nd June 2018, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Can a re holder in diploma can get admission in b. Tech through leet? Means a chance to clear the re while studying in B. Tech, so that the current year does not get waste..
20th October 2019, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

hi I'm from karnataka state , now I'm studing diploma CE (final year ) can I take lateral entry to BE/BTech in Maharastra state.for joining interstate Is thr any exam to attend or else kcet is enough ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?