21st June 2010, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

R Sir,
I want to know that how i can face a SSB successfully. i have faced SSB four time but not get success. in my all SSB's i fell that only defence person's son or army/milatry person's son select in that service. is this right and also tell me solution of this... that how i can face a ssb successfully.
Shiv charan kaushik

29th June 2010, 04:02 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Hello Shiv,
The selection in SSB is completely based on the candidates performance. There could be many reason of not getting selected. 70-75% of the candidates gets rejected through screening test due to various reasons.
you need to be fearless, there is no scope for nervousness in the test. You must perform well in the group discussion, you must be able to speak well and confidently in front of the board.
There must be something you have not been able to deliver and need to work hard on it. There are many institutes which provides necesary training to crack the test and you must join one of them and give it another try.
29th June 2010, 09:39 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

okay
you think only those candidates clear SSB and others dont..thats completely wrong even candidates like you can clear it too.Yes there may be some partiality because of which those who have relatives get selected,but that is not always true...your hardwork and confidence matters a lot.please keep working hard and try to rectify the mistakes you did n your past four trials.
2nd July 2010, 01:14 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

some of the tips for ssb which will clear you of this mandate:
The Interview is intended to judge the mental caliber, attitude and outlook of the candidate along with his leadership qualities and character traits. Thus, it would be an assessment not merely of his Academic proficiency and intellectual qualities but also of his social traits and interest in current events. Some of the qualities to be judged can be listed as,

Mental alertness
Critical powers of assimilation
Balance of judgment
Clear and logical exposition
Variety and depth of interests
Ability for social cohesion and leadership
Intellectual and moral integrity.
The Aim of the SSB Interviews:

The IO (Interviewing Officer), at the SSB, tries to assess the leadership of Officer like qualities of the candidate by means of the direct or purposive conversation during the interview. He also tries to evaluate the training potentialities of the candidate. The questions at the interview will be so directed as the candidate may automatically emit enough light on his leadership ability in his answers.

Two important Factors of the Interview which play a decisive role are the candidate's Knowledge and his power of Expression. He should be able to speak fluently and express him-self clearly, will score high marks. While answering the candidate should take the lead and cover as much as possible. In other words, simply saying "YES" or "NO" to a question will not suffice. The candidate should explain convincingly why he agrees or disagrees to a given proposition. He must logically and forcefully substantiate his views with valid arguments.

At the SSB Interview they lay much emphasis on qualities or leadership and not merely on academic or textual knowledge. The candidate should therefore, know what the various qualities of leadership are, and how they could be highlighted by him during the interview.

Leadership Qualities: The board takes note of the following qualities, when it tries to assess the leadership ability of the candidate, as the same have been generally accepted as leadership attributes:

Intellectual Attainments: The extent of knowledge in different subjects. The depth of knowledge - How deeply the candidate has studied a subject of his choice of interest? Practical Knowledge How the candidate has applied his theoretical knowledge in practical situations or how best he can solve problems. To find out this questions put forth (Example) may be:-

What will you do, when you find after boarding the bus that you had forgotten to bring the money purse with you? How will you organize a Picnic?
What will you do if you were not selected at this interview?
General Knowledge - Current Affairs, Everyday Science, Burning Topics, Sports, Newspaper headlines, etc. Grasp - How quickly the candidate understands the question or the subject?
Power of Expression:

Fluency - No stammering, gape, etc,
Forceful - Lively, enthusiastic and arresting. No monotonous or dragging voice. Not speaking very fast. No affectations.
Logic in argument- Rational, clearheaded, analytical, systematic, proceeding step buy step and no contradictions.
Practical approach- Realistic and sensible, use of commonsense, alive to facts and existing limitations.
Convincing Ability - Speaking with sincerity and faith.
Personal Traits:

Cheerful, pleasant and smiling disposition.
Liveliness - Eager, alert, inspired by urge, fired with ambition.
Enthusiasm, keenness and interest.
Dress and Turnout - Smart, clean and suited to the occasion.
Poise - Graceful movements. Confident approach, straight walk
Punctuality.
2nd July 2010, 08:16 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

1st of all... you need to be medically fit.. height, wght, eye sight, physical activity
your academic performance, your personality presentation, be bold and confident..

all the best
20th July 2010, 05:51 PM
mohitjetfighter

hello sir ,
pls tell me the syllabus of the CDS exam.
regards
Mohit
31st July 2010, 05:03 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

No you dont have to be relative of a defense personnel to clear the SSB.
Clearing the SSB is totally dependent on your capability.
If you are capable, you can pass the test, otherwise you cannot.
Also, relatives or kins of defense personnels have the intellect of clearing the exam thats why they are able to.

You must work hard, if you want to clear the exam.

Good Luck!
27th August 2010, 06:10 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

Please Don't ask this type of silly question.

Because this is the only exam (all exam conducted by UPSC)

in india upon which situation of our country depend.
8th September 2010, 02:40 AM
Unregistered

If I correct my Eye sight with Surgery the can I join the INDIAN AIR FORCE?
7th October 2010, 12:51 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
R Sir,
I want to know that how i can face a SSB successfully. i have faced SSB four time but not get success. in my all SSB's i fell that only defence person's son or army/milatry person's son select in that service. is this right and also tell me solution of this... that how i can face a ssb successfully.
Shiv charan kaushik

dear friend,

facing SSB is very good.that you proove you are in the door.you are right that son of defence personnel are get qualified.do not otherwise it is only for their attitude which they got from their parents who is in defence.

Actually SSB is the test by which they judge yourself completely.like your mental ability,physical strength,mental strength.your IQ,your common sence etc etc.

you have face 4 times then you are aware that on what reason you are disqualified.analyze yourself.speak boldly and dont be confused in front of interview board.

you have experienced.so you carry on.

good luck.
12th October 2010, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

sir,how can we inculcate officer like qualities?
13th October 2010, 01:47 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
First of all of course u need not to be a realtive of armed personnel to clear SSB. what u need is quality and agility to be an armed personnel.
13th October 2010, 01:51 PM
Sachin Narayan

For officer like qualities
1. U should be disciplined.
2. Should follow a routine time table for ur all day work.
3. U should be aware of what is going around u.
4. U should know what r ur weaknesses and strengths.
5. Last bt not the least u should have the passion nd desire to serve the country.
30th November 2010, 10:40 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,
SSB is one of the transparent exam in which we can't claim that only the relatives of army persons getting admission.work hard i'm sure you will succeed.
BEST OF LUCK.
12th January 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

SSB is a life time experience , I had my first SSB in mysore and I was conference out. I need to do it again and i got the opportunity , this time I am gonna make it for sure.

pankaj negi
12th January 2011, 11:26 PM
saswata06

Don't get disheartened brother.Keep your faith in Indian army and your hard work.You will definitely be an officer in Indian army in future!
Best of luck!
12th January 2011, 11:56 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know its not any criteria that you are relative of a defense to pass SSB. You can apply for the SSB exam if you don't have any relative of a defense officer.
good luck..............
13th January 2011, 09:53 AM
sonu1234

no dear it is just a myth not more than that. the selection of ssb interview solely depend on candidate performance.
13th January 2011, 10:31 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Quote:
R Sir,
Shiv charan kaushik
No This is silly question ...and one person who attended SSB for 4 times must understand that there is nothing like that they will select only defense person children...

I know many of friends who are from armed force but didnot get selected but one of my friend who is civilian got selected in first SSB...

and another thing always remember when one person attend SSB for more than 1 time expectation raised more from that person and you need to be up to that expectation..but this kind of attitude doesnot make you to reach there......

prepare well as SSB doesnot need a physically fit person but a person who is almost perfect in attitude, nature and most important should have that zest to become a officer and serve..
13th January 2011, 11:15 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
If I correct my Eye sight with Surgery the can I join the INDIAN AIR FORCE?
Hi,

If you have undergone surgery then you will be out in the medical round surely. It is in all the 3: ARMY, IAF and NAVY.
13th January 2011, 11:16 AM
ajay jatiya

dear candidates the ssb interview is based on tottaly on candidates's performence. about70 to80% candidatesis rejected in the screening due to many reason. you have appear in the ssb three to four times and you feels that onlly defence personals got the selection it not a reason a reason for your rejection. they selected becouse they have proper guidance from their parents and they are already prepared for the ssb. ssb is the very tufest interview of india there id a no need to prepare about it because it is based on the inner quaility of the candidates if you could not got selection try again,
And if you will not get the chance to selection so do not sad there are lot of services to join in india like ias ifs ips ssc exam assistant commandants so try in other post if you will not goet the selection
13th January 2011, 11:20 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
R Sir,
Shiv charan kaushik
Hi,

This feels bad because they know very well about the SSBs from their fathers. You should try every time you get a chance and look into yourself after every failure where you lacks and what they are doing extra so that they are getting selected.
It is not like that they are getting some extra care or given relief in the selection procedure. If it is like that than our country will become independent again.
You have to get selected whatever be the situation.

All the Best.God will help you.
13th January 2011, 05:21 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Quote:
R Sir,
Shiv charan kaushik
Well friend,

Its nothing like that only army personals also don't find selected most of the time due to lack of fluency in speaking, more expressive and way of talking.

Its totally based on quality of the candidates because its for Indian Army, the interviewer who takes the interview is the effective part of your ssb if you maintain to impress him then definitely your selection in ARMY or IN any field will be 80% and other 20% will be from command task, group task , psychology test. etc.

For success in SSB you need to bee full determinant towards your speaking skills , you behavior at SSB , how interactive you are, when comes to lecturette and group discussions.

Well freind don't try to make any notion regarding, only army wards get selected, No !! Its not like that only Deserving fellow clears SSB.

If you want to be a deserving fellow then you need to be punctual and other above things.

Good luck for your next SSB.
Before going to Any ssb try to take coaching from some good coaching institute.
13th January 2011, 06:02 PM
kengkora

you need knowledge, quality and qualification. not relative, be positive man. and find out your mistakes and rectify them and try again. my best wishes for you.
13th January 2011, 07:07 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Quote:
SSB is a life time experience , I had my first SSB in mysore and I was conference out. I need to do it again and i got the opportunity , this time I am gonna make it for sure.

pankaj negi
Wish you best of Luck.You will get selected your confidence shows that.
Prepare well & be confident.Also our system is not so corrupted.So have faith in yourself.There is nothing like that inorder to get selected you got to have your relatives there.Do have faith in system too.
13th January 2011, 09:08 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Dear friend,

SSB is a very reputed and transparent exam. Defense officers are selected through SSB.

To appear in SSB there is no need to be a relative of defense officer. Any candidate can appear for SSB. Only talented candidates can crack this exam.

You can appear without any fear.

All the best.
14th January 2011, 11:17 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

no it is not right .any candidate can appear in SSB .SSB is a transparent exam and it is the test to judge your mental awareness, confidence, decision making power e.t.c

there may be some causes of your failure. there are some institutes which help the students in preparation of such exams .i will advice you to join any such coachings.

try to deliver your best.don't take tension during exam as tension is also a cause of failure. go fearlessly you will definitely suceed.

don't blame on government for your failure . if you have enough power then no obstruction can do anything. think positively.

be loud and confident during GD.
14th January 2011, 08:31 PM
rahul_kumar066

First of all you should full prepared for your SSB exam.
You should have perfect physical with no maleffect. You should have salubarious health. Believe on yourself ,you must be able to get in ssb exam.
Army's kin takes some partiality but this is all rumours that only thew get services.
15th January 2011, 10:32 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

NO,there's nothing as such that only a son or relative of a defence personal can only get selected in the SSB board.Yes,i accept that there is a consideration for the son/relative of a defence personal but the main thing you need to have is talent and how to face the SSB.

Any candidate with an aggregate of around 70% from PCM board can apply for the SSB.As, you have already faced the SSB i think you know that the SSB consists of many stages.So,you can get eliminated in one stage or the other.So,prepare well for the SSB and have the confidence in yourself.Am sure that you will clear SSB the next time.
8th June 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

No,its never like that. Be original what you are. If you have the qualities,they will search and themself see them in you. I have got recommended for air force. My GTO was no so good but still i got recommended. They are not looking for perfection. They are looking for the blink of qualities and others they will develop in you.
Always keep one thing in mind, What will happen is always good for you. so be confident all the time.

Regards,
Jatin Arora
28th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

ssb officers are not selecting talented candidates instead they select average candidates and those who are impatient and who just come for time pass at ssb get selected and determined candidates are rejected. Our indian defence selectors do not want talented candidates but they want candidates whom they can keep under their control,so all this mental test and all is a drama. The person who performs well will not get selected and results that they announce at end are disaster. We can see in news that jawan shot a officer why this happens? whose reponsible for this? A jawan who sacrifices his life for country his dead body is brought in a garbage truck and officer says truck was cleaned before. Soldiers give thier lives for our country and our higher officers were busy in getting a flat at adarsh soceity. How these corrupt officers got seleted in defence? This ssb officers have selected wrong people and in future also they will do the same thing.

d
13th September 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have given ssb for army once and i am conferance out candidate. i am mad & made for army .
i dont understand why they rejected me. i have taken lot of efforts to join army
i think i am deserving candidate for defence forces. beacause of which reason i am rejected sir
22nd November 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

i hav eye sight can i select for any job in navy
21st March 2013, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

%u2022What will you do, when you find after boarding the bus that you had forgotten to bring the money purse with you? How will you organize a Picnic?
15th November 2014, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Do I have to be a relative of a Defense Officer to pass SSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somesh Goenka View Post
Hello,

No you dont have to be relative of a defense personnel to clear the SSB.
Clearing the SSB is totally dependent on your capability.
If you are capable, you can pass the test, otherwise you cannot.
Also, relatives or kins of defense personnels have the intellect of clearing the exam thats why they are able to.

You must work hard, if you want to clear the exam.

Good Luck!
yes true only officer ward can select bcoz they r most idiots can't stand anywhere in other jobs their parent know this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?