14th July 2010, 02:37 PM
Fundo

Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

Hi,I've got CSE B.tech in IIT roorkee.could u tell about placements,salary,scope etc.should i opt for MS abroad or M.tech in india?which is better?do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities,is it true?

16th July 2010, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

First of all i would like to congratulate you for you achievement of being an IITian. The scope in CSE is damn good. You have made a great choice.

Placements in CSE are always the top of any college and the scope you know CSE is nowadays the most wanted course by most of the students due to its popularity.

Salary depends on your talent. You can get a salary starting from 5 Lakhs onwards as IT companies pay very high.

Persuing MTech or MS is your choice. Definately MS is well reputed then MTech but if in case you dont get MS abroad then MTech in India is the best choice.

Yeah IIT brand may help you but not at the sake of your bad performance. If you are good students definately IIT brand can get you to higher levels

Best of luck
16th July 2010, 01:24 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Hey dear there is nothing to worry, you are in the right place.

Now you are going to be a part of IIT. The Institutes which are not only the TOP institutes of India but in International levels also. Yes IIT is among the TOP 100 Technological Institutes of the world.

Never worry about placement IIT, Roorkee is among the old IIT's with best faculty, 100% placement in MNC's both NAtional and Internationally.

Well, if you want to remain in India then M.Tech is better then MS, but if you want to go abroad or want to make a good career in research then MS is best and in India non-other then IIT's are best for it.

Yeah comparetively IITians easily get Foreign Universities because there they has provided International level Education, various types of scholarships, and programs are available for Meritorious students of IIT's which makes there way esay to Organisations like- NASA, CERN, universities like- MIT, Oxford etc......

Have a look what Others feel about IIT:

"And it's hard to think of anything like IIT anywhere in the world. It is a very unique institution." (Bill Gates)

"This is IIT. Put Harvard, MIT and Princeton together, and you begin to get an idea of the status of this school in India." (Lesley Stahl)

"IIT is a Theme of its own kind which is never Heard of " (Faiyaz,Me)

Regards
~Faiyaz~
16th July 2010, 09:03 AM
ronak220291

Smile Re: Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

IIT is good and the scope of IIT after passing M.Tech from there makes you a star and companies need IItans and prefer them as compared to other M.Tech's.

I am sure you will land in a comfortable position after you pass out from IIT

all the best
16th July 2010, 11:18 AM
karthu
Senior Member+

hai
Yes italians easily get admission because they have cleared all th internatioal entrance exams.To get admission in american universities, one has to clear all the international exams.
16th July 2010, 11:29 AM
shikha641

offcousre yes IItians can easily get the addmission in foreign universities. but you have to full fill their eligibility criteria. If you will be eligible then you can easily got the addmission in the foreign universities.
16th July 2010, 12:46 PM
rniveditha

wow...great ....that u have got into iit-rourkee..congratulations...
definetly..iitians have a large scope....compared to the others....n moreover cse..its the most demanding subject in this era....
u can opt for msc in foriegn universities..as job opurtunities are good there n the salary also is to good...
16th July 2010, 01:11 PM
mythandy

Thumbs up Re: Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

my dear friend, be cool now . i hope u r at the rite place now.(if u selected the course as according to ur interest)
u dont have to worry about the placements, higher studies and all now,it comes along as u work hard.anyway as its an institute of national importance u will not have to suffer more to get in to a good quality job or for higher studies
everyone after UG can go to foreign universities if they have cleared the sufficient eligibility criterion set by the corresponding universities.
so dont worry, work hard,&give something to our country
16th July 2010, 02:03 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundo View Post
Hi,I've got CSE B.tech in IIT roorkee.could u tell about placements,salary,scope etc.should i opt for MS abroad or M.tech in india?which is better?do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities,is it true?
contact me dude .. i have got metallurgy in roorkee only
no you do not have any reservation in foreign universities for IITians but the knowledge we get at iit is very helpful in gettind admission in a good college with scholarship........
it depends totally on you
16th July 2010, 02:07 PM
swarnali.roy6

Quote:
Yes it becomes easier for them to get admitted to foreign universities..I would like to suggest you to go abroad for MS rather than M.Tech in India..Its a rare oppotuity..Just go for MS
16th July 2010, 03:49 PM
anuj babbar

Quote:
it is not nessery that iitians easly get admission in foreign universities
actually it depen on the u?
16th July 2010, 04:10 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

Hi,

Congratulations for making way into IIT.

IIT Roorke is considered best among IIT's. So Its obvious that the placement will be damn good. And,

I feel this question different after you making into IIT. Obviously, Every one knows about the IIT Standard. So, None will bother about placements after getting into IIT.

About higher studies,

Normal way after CSE graduation would be, they opt for MS from abroad. That privails as a trend.
To me, MS from Abroad or MTech from India, No great difference. People would talk about exposure when talking about Higherstudies abroad, But, though its there, quality of eduation wont differ.

Good Luck.
16th July 2010, 04:51 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

COngratulations for getting admission in internationally acclaimed & India's top engeneering college i.e IIT.

Since you have got admission in IIT, Roorkee you have the benefit of a secured future provided ofcourse that you continue putting in your hard effort & perform well. This is why all the engineering aspirants in India wishes to get admission in IIT's.

Since you have opted for B.Tech, CSE branch you have wide scope in the IT field as it is in much demand now. And doing the course from a primier institution always gives an additional advantage.

Regarding placements IIT, Roorkee has a proven track record of placing its students in best of organisations both in India & abroad.

The average salary range is 6 to 12 lakhs. It depends on the candidate's potential his /her knowledge, skill & ability. In 2010 IBM has made an offer of Rs 14 lakh — the highest till date at IIT-Roorkee.

MS & M.Tech both are good career options but you must join that course in which you are intrested so that you don't have job dissatisfaction later. Well, in India M.Tech is said to be a better career option than MS. If you want to work in research field then you can go abroad & pursue MS.

The brand name IIT does help its students in getting admission in foreign universities but the potential of the candidate matters equally.
16th July 2010, 08:59 PM
odc

first of all congrats for getting admitted in the top rated institute in india.
your answer scope,salary and placement comes in the word "top rated". the institute will show you all the ways you can survive in the challenging world.the iit provides you the most exposure than you can get anywhere else so that you can opt any way which is best for you. if the salary is the matter then it depends on your talent and how much you can grasp well.
going abroad for MS is your own decision.most of the people think that MS is the best but that is not the case because if you show your talent here in india then you can get success as you wish.
and coming to the last question you asked.yes this is important because as i told you the iit provide the best knowledge you can get elsewhere so that you can cope up with the world with the huge amount of knowledge.
16th July 2010, 09:13 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend
It's good that you have got chance to get into some IIT. But the road doesn't end here. If you are thinking about doing great then you have got the right platform. But, CSE is such a branch in which complete technical knowledge decides your forthcoming opportunities.
If you are interested in higher studies then try to maintain your CGPA above 8.0/10.
For higher studies in foreign universities you need to appear in GRE (Graduate Record Examination) which is conducted for the admission to US universities. However, its score is valid in european countries as well.
The test consist of two papers; English(800 marks) and Maths(800 marks). There are chances of getting an university if you score above 1400 but it would be good if you score 1500+. Generally IITians score 800 out of 800 in maths and 650+ in English. If you prepare well you can score 1500+ overall.
The preparation for the test doesn't need no. of books. All you have to do is, to read a single book; BARRON (Ideal book for GRE). You can get the book in any good bookshop.
Sometime if your career profile is very good in your college and some good professor recommends you then you can directly get an university.
But the advantage behind good score in GRE is that, one can easily get scholarships much more than your fees, so that you don't confuse that, whether to choose a job or higher studies.
About the Job. If you are getting into an IIT and still thinking about job then I would suggest you to forget those things. Just focus on your current job ie. Study. Maintain your academics as good as you can.
Microsoft, Google, Intel, PCS, 'Sun micro system' etc all companies visit IIT campus. SO, don't worry about company, just do your work and be good technically.
Thank You
16th July 2010, 09:45 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there is nothing sort of that,but yes to do ms,you need 3 letters:
1.letter of authority
2.letter of recommendation
3.letter of obligation.

this things are very easy to get at iits.
so that's all.
16th July 2010, 09:50 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Congratulation !

To get a CSE B.tech seat in IIT Roorkee, this college is one of the best colleges of india. If you have done your B.tech from this college, then definately you will get 100% placements.

So, i will suggest you just go for IIT Roorkee. Dont think about foreign university. Because to study in foreign University, you have to paid more fees compare to
Indian University.

So, you have get a great chance, to study in IIT. So please go for it, you career and
future is secured and you will get good salary pacakage after completing your course.

All the best.
16th July 2010, 09:57 PM
sharad3010

Quote:
first of all congrats and good wishes for ur future
to be apart of iit is a big achievement and yes its true dat u will be given more priority than others as in foreign iit is known to everyone its a tag name
placements in iits are awesome and rest is on wat u do dere by urself.....
good luck
16th July 2010, 11:33 PM

Default Re:Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

Quote:
Congratulation for getting into one of the IIT's.Now going into the foreign universities not only depends on marks but it also depends on the GRE,TOEFEL,IELTS scores and thorough understanding of the subject of your choice.Doing MS or M.Tech depends on you but both have the same potential in the education field,we somehow say MS is better than M.Tech looking the universities point of view but to be fair the M.Tech courses approved by AICTE is no mean to the MS courses of any third graded university abroad.Love for the nation are missing among us and we should first grow that and then think for outside world.I have been a lot philosophical but doing MS from BITS in India is also good.Wish you best of luck in future.
SOUDIP BHADURI.
17th July 2010, 01:59 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

MS or M.Tech depends on you but both have the same potential in the education field,we somehow say MS is better than M.Tech looking the universities point of view but to be fair the M.Tech courses approved by AICTE is no mean to the MS courses of any third graded university abroad.Love for the nation are missing among us and we should first grow that and then think for outside world.
31st August 2010, 08:43 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
You have got a very good opportunities so congratulation for getting into the IIT..

Friends it is not easy to do the anything ,you will also have to face some problem while going for the forign universities as because for that you will also have to crack the IIt exam...

Best wishes...
20th October 2010, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

if you possible IIT exam in mumbai
26th October 2010, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

sir
I GOT ADMISSION IN IITHYDERABAD COM. SCI. . SHOULD I OPT FOR MS IN ABROAD OR MBA IN INDIA ORMBA IN ABROAD ? WHICH IS THE BETTER OPTION? PLEASE TELL ME AT [email protected]
27th October 2010, 09:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
I GOT ADMISSION IN IITHYDERABAD COM. SCI. . SHOULD I OPT FOR MS IN ABROAD OR MBA IN INDIA ORMBA IN ABROAD ? WHICH IS THE BETTER OPTION? PLEASE TELL ME AT [email protected]
Whats the need of persuing degree from Abroad.........!

When we have institutes like- IIT's, IISC, IIM's.

You told that you have got Computer science at IIT-H, I can guess in B.Tech, and being an IITian, getting into any of the pretigious institutes is not a problem for you.

And soon we have campuses of pretigious foreign Universities like- Oxford, Havard, etc. as the proposal from HRD Ministry and other authorities has been passed and versity bill is under process.

However, even if you wanted to do so, then I will advice MS, because MS is a more Research oriented course and even Our Prestigious Instittutes can not tally with a MS from Foreign University.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
27th October 2010, 10:29 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friends,

there is no any matter that iitian will get easily admission in the foreign universities.

for taking the admission in the different foreign university for the various courses,

there is various exam,

after passing the exam you can get the admission in the foregin university.

so there is no any benefit.
27th October 2010, 11:06 PM
babydoll

hi!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Its really good news that you have get admission into the iits. So first complete your B.Tech first then apply for the GATE or GRE.
You can apply these entrance exam when you are in pre-final year of B.Tech.

If you really wants to do M.S from abroad then you have to give GRE and TOEFL...and if you wants to do M.Tech in india then you need to give GATE exam conducted by IIT.
so first concentrate on B.Tech, after completion of B.Tech you will get the good job as you are a IITian.
So don't get worried about anything just focuses on study.
Good luck!!
28th October 2010, 05:55 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

First of all i want to congratulate you for being an iitian. you should do ms from abroad but if not possible doing m.tech from india is better option. as far as admission on the basis of name and fame of iit in foreign universities is only possible if you are talented and good in your studies.
28th October 2010, 07:24 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir

For you it would be better to study here. People like you only first try to stop the problem of brain drain.
Since you are a good talented student you should try to give out your best by staying in India itself instead going abroad for further studies.
In India too there are many top most colleges like IITs and IIMs.
So better to carry out further studies in India itself
29th October 2010, 10:42 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
First look at your priorities...if u have interest in research...then go for MS through GRE exam ...clearing this ..u would be eligible for fellowship. And if u like to stay in India, then , clear GATE exam for Mtech from IIT.
remember , if u are hard working , then ur from IIT or not, it does not matter , u will bw welcomed anywhere.
30th October 2010, 03:56 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

hi,

yes this is true fact that IIT people get lot of benefits from banking sectors and foreign universities. You should opt for doing MS from abroad.
30th October 2010, 06:20 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Foreign Studies availability.or chanches are both eqaul for all..There is no partiallity in favour of IITians....But yes...Scope for IITians are higer...as they are exposed to newer and advanced technologies,,,..directly from foreign delegates..as their invited guests...which other private colleges cant afford easily...For foreign higher studies...you have to qualify TOFEL,GMAT..
30th October 2010, 07:01 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Do iitians easily get admissions in foreign universities?

First of all i would like to congratulate you for you achievement of being an IITian. The scope in CSE is damn good. You have made a great choice.

Salary depends on your talent. You can get a salary starting from 5 Lakhs onwards as IT companies pay very high.

Persuing MTech or MS is your choice. Definately MS is well reputed then MTech but if in case you dont get MS abroad then MTech in India is the best choice.

Yeah IIT brand may help you but not at the sake of your bad performance. If you are good students definately IIT brand can get you to higher levels.
as u are an iitian the universities of all over the world will try to pick up students like u.

Best of luck
30th October 2010, 11:40 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hi,
You have done a great job by getting a seat in IIT. Congratulations, you have become IITians.
Hey, dont get worry about placement and all. IITs are best engineering colleges in the country and have great name around the world.
Mtech, Try to write GATE exam and I am sure you ll get in some IIT. Your future is very bright my dear friend.

All the best.
31st October 2010, 11:28 PM
helpmaster

Yes, a degree from iit is much more worth value throughout the world you cannot deny its benefits.
So, you will definately get all the benefits whether in India or Abroad
1st November 2010, 03:02 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

no iit student don't get job easily in MS. for that you have write GRE and should clear the paper,the marks are valid for 5 years.you will get salary of around 1,20,000 pm.
so work hard

best of luck
2nd November 2010, 12:41 AM
shafaly sharma

Quote:
yes u should try in abroad also n for admission it all depends on ur eligibility n on ur undestanding n knowledge in dat field.......
15th February 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

IITian

Iam an IITIAn searching for funded PhD position but not getting . I have 8.5 CGPA have good research experience in my field besides that i find it very tough to secure even single funded PhD position. But Iam still determined to achieve my target, giving GRE general exam to improve my CV may this will help me.
13th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

there is no need to go abroad if you have focus on studies , companies visit iit campus but ask very good cgpa that is essential being cse from iit roorkee is great . Halibuton , Schlumberger , HP , Samsung all comes but dont loose focus on studies , professors are good never irritate your prof . they may spoil you specially CSE stay away from girls in IIT , taking into IIT is nothing but Maintain your potential and competing with other is quite difficult dont loose ur focus in study , u need 8 CGPA , comanies on ly look good score , seniors generaly misguides you if u pass with 80 % no problem any where I know many my colleges just by Academics they qualify almost all MNC , but now a days very few comanies are there in CSE but dont worry MNCs are setting up there R & D centres in INDIA where both foreigeners and INDIANS are working . dont wory great campus great people but dont be overconfident let be down to earth if u have to succeed , best of luck . hey days welcomimg u.
1st July 2011, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

hi i have got admission to electrical engineering at iit kharagpur ...which would be the best an mtech further in india or ms in us ...i mean i
am just joining there so would you please suggest .....or should i go for mba ?
27th October 2011, 08:39 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friends...the placements are good for IIT'S...you will be surely placed into the best company in your final year...........if you want to go for higher studies it becomes some what easy for you to get seat in the foreign universities.........

all the best.....
28th October 2011, 01:47 AM
abhin91
Member+

As you will be an IITIAN obviously you will have an extra advantage over others in admissions in foreign universities.
THe brand name will obviously help you in your interviews of foreign universities after you take up GRE or GMAT.
And regarding placement i dont think you have to worry much being a cse student from iit roorkee. just study well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?