24th July 2020, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Does admission in NIT and IITs are based only on entrance score or 12th score is also considered?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams from Science stream with PCM subject combination and scored 58.3%. So, can I get admission in any of the IITs or NIT for B.Tech course on the basis of this score? Or, does admission is based on entrance score only?

27th July 2020, 11:54 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does admission in NIT and IITs are based only on entrance score or 12th score is also considered?

As far as the admission in NITs, IITs, or any other CFTIs is concerned then it is only based on the rank secured in JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) which comprises of two stages, JEE Main and JEE Advanced.

But, to be eligible for appearing in JEE it is mandatory to secure 75% marks (or 65% marks in case of SC/ST candidates) in Class 12th with PCM group subject combination from a recognised board of education. Further, candidates failing to secure 75% marks but still managing to be in top 20 percentile candidates of their concerned board of education are also allowed to appear in the same examination.

Note : Due to COVID 19 outbreak, the minimum marks to be secured in Class 12th for appearing in JEE has been removed for this academic year.

For details and FAQs regarding JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?