15th October 2019, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Does UPSC accepts Graduation degree of distance universities?

I have done my graduation with B.Sc. Nautical Science from IGNOU through distance education mode. So, now am I eligible to apply for exam of UPSC?

19th October 2019, 01:38 AM
Shehjadi
Member+

Default Re: Does UPSC accepts Graduation degree of distance universities?

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) exam.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC exam:-

A) Bachelor degree passed in any stream from any reputed university.

B) 21-30 years age.

C) OBC and SC/ST has 3 yaers and 5 years of age relaxation.

D) Indian Citizenship.
20th October 2019, 06:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidate passed bachelor degree from a recognised university in regular or distance mode are eligible to appear in the examination conducted by UPSC.

IGNOU is a recognised university and candidate passed bachelor degree for it are eligible to appear in the examination.

So, you are eligible to appear in the examination conducted by UPSC.
21st October 2019, 11:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the validity of degree courses pursued in distance mode of education for appearing in the UPSC examinations, then I would like to let you know that all degree courses offered by recognised university either in distance mode or regular mode are acceptable for UPSC examinations.

Therefore, having completed your B.Sc. in Nautical Science degree course from IGNOU, you are eligible to appear in any UPSC examination with the minimum educational requirement of a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

For more details various examinations held by UPSC, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?