9th December 2018, 08:13 PM
maryam uroosa

Economics or Political Science, which is to study in BA(H) to further appear in UPSC exam?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to appear in UPSC exam. Currently, I am studying in 12th standard with CEC stream. I would like to know that which specialization I should study in BA Honours, in between, Economics and Political Science. Please help me in this regard.

13th December 2018, 02:28 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Economics or Political Science, which is to study in BA(H) to further appear in UPSC exam?

As per my suggestion, you should go for the Bachelor of Arts Honours in Economics course rather than Bachelor of Arts Honours in Political science.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR UPSC

1. First of all, the candidate should have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

2. The age of the candidate should be 21 to 32 years.

3. As per my knowledge, 3 years age relaxation is given to OBC and 5 years to SC category candidate.
13th December 2018, 08:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Economics or Political Science, which is to study in BA(H) to further appear in UPSC exam?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it conducts various examination for recruitment in service.

The most common examination conducted by UPSC is Civil Service Examination. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The age limit is 21-32 years and there is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category. No limitation on discipline of bachelor degree. So, you are eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidates have to do better preparation to qualify in all the stages of examination for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th December 2018, 11:14 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

It totally depends upon your interest. Both subjects are scoring in case of UPSC Civil Services Mains exam.

1. The qualification required for exam is bachelor's degree in any stream. The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can select either of two subjects.
14th December 2018, 07:26 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The optional subjects in Union Public Service Commission Mains exam play a major role in final selection of candidate in this exam. Candidate should be cautious while selecting optional subjects. The final selection is based on your profound interest in that subject.

Lots of candidates opt for Economics as well as Political science. It should be your inner interest in that subject for selection.
15th December 2018, 01:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts various examination. Civil Service Examination is the most common examination. It is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S officer etc.

The required qualification to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline. So, you can pursue bachelor degree in any subject of your own choice.

The age limit for the examination is 21-32 years. There is relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all the stages for final selection. For complete details about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?