9th December 2018, 03:23 PM
potphode

Steps to become an IAS Officer for BTech(CSE) student?

Hi friends, I am studying BTech with Computer Science and Engineering. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I would like to know about the steps through which I can achieve my aim. Kindly let me know about the steps asap.

13th December 2018, 03:31 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Steps to become an IAS Officer for BTech(CSE) student?

To become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further for appearing in the same examination, you are required to have following qualifications :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

For complete details associated to the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
13th December 2018, 08:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted in three stags and for final recruitment you have to appear and qualify in the examination.

So, if you want to qualify in the examination you have to do the hard work with dedication and devotion to your studies.

NCERT books are the fundamental to start preparation for the examination other than that you can read the Hindu or Indian Express. For syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2018, 05:31 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and for final recruitment you have to appear and qualify in all three stages. The three stages are :-

Preliminary.

Mains.

Interview.

So, you need to do better preparation with dedication, determination and devotion to qualify in the examination. To get more information about the syllabus and other detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th December 2018, 09:10 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

To become an IAS Officer, you need to apply for Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

In the final year of your B.Tech program, you can apply for IAS Exam.

You need to apply through this site: https://upsconline.nic.in

If you are in second or third year of your B.Tech programme, then you can start preparation for Civil Services Exam.

There will be three stages to crack this exam i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview

Age Criteria:
  • For General: 21 to 32 years
  • For OBC: 21 to 35 years
  • For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years
  • PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic): 21 to 42 years

No. of Attempts for IAS Exam:
  • For General: 6
  • For OBC: 9
  • For SC/ST: No Restriction
14th December 2018, 04:04 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Steps to become IAS officer:

1. After Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science engineering, you are eligible for the exam.

2. Apply for 2019 exam, notification will be released in February 2019.

3. Crack preliminary, Mains exam and interview of Civil Services exam.

4. Secure a rank below 150 all India to get administrative services.
14th December 2018, 06:44 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services of Indian Government. Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services exam for services like IAS, IRS, IPS, IFS etc. Those who clear all three stages of exam namely preliminary, mains and personal interview are eligible for joining the services.

For IAS, IPS, candidate should be among top rankers if they belong to Open or OBC creamy layer category. SC/ST candidates having a bit higher rank have chances of getting into IAS. The minimum age limit for this exam is 21 years. You can apply for the exam in final year of this degree. Start your preparation from NCERTs.
15th December 2018, 10:02 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your B.Tech degree course, to become an IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer, you are required to qualify the civil services examination held by UPSC.

Apart from the educational qualification, to appear in the same examination you need to be Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details about the civil services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th December 2018, 10:39 AM
akhilking

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the prestigious services among the 24 services like IPS, IFS etc for the which the UPSC conduct Civil Services Examination (CSE) for selecting the candidates.

You will have to crack the Civil Services Examination conducted by the UPSC. It is conducted in 3 stages:-

1.Prelims
2.Mains
3.Interview.

The educational qualification needed to appear in UPSC exam is a degree (graduation) in any subject. Final year students can also apply.
15th December 2018, 12:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in UPSC examination.

It is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages for final selection.

So, you can start the preparation for the examination along with your bachelor degree course to qualify. Candidates need to do smart and hard work to qualify in the examination.

To get more details about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?