1st October 2019, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply and attend the IIT JEE and JEE Advanced entrance examination?

I've failed class 12th CBSE twice (2018, 2019) but never took any JEE test. I'll be passing class 12th in 2020, so will I be eligible for JEE Advanced 2020 and 2021 (as one can take Advanced two times and I have never taken any JEE)?

4th October 2019, 01:30 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply and attend the IIT JEE and JEE Advanced entrance examination?

Yes you will be eligible for JEE main 2020.
JEE entrance board allows three attempts . As you have not attempted a single time. You will be considered as eligible.
4th October 2019, 11:16 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply and attend the IIT JEE and JEE Advanced entrance examination?

To apply for JEE Advanced exam, you will have to qualify JEE Main Exam first. So, if you have never applied for JEE Main exam or if you have attempts left for appearing in JEE Main Exam, then you can apply for JEE Advanced exam.

But note that you can apply for JEE Advanced only after you qualify JEE Main exam.

Notably, now JEE Main exam will be conducted twice in a year. And a candidate can appear for JEE Main for three years consecutively. That means, now a candidate has total 6 attempts for appearing in JEE Main Exam.

So, if have attempts left of JEE Main exam, then you can apply for JEE Advanced exam after clearing later exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?