8th February 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination?

Now i am in 11th standard and i am interested to sit for IIT so can i sit and when can i give the exam please guide me. I got 81.27% in 10th

8th February 2011, 08:15 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination?

Friend;
The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is passed 12th class with minimum 60% marks in PCM.
You can also give IIT JEE exam in the appearing of 12th. A candidate can gives IIT JEE exam only two time one in 12th appearing and other after 12th.
For more information please see the official website of IIT.
all the best.
8th February 2011, 08:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

No You Are Not Eligible To Appear In IIT JEE Entrance Exams Because You Dont Have Completed Your 12th Exams.

So, After Completing Your 12th, You Are Eligible to Appear for IIT JEE Examinations.

After 11th No One Are Eligible to Appear for IIT JEE Entrance Exams.

So, If You Have Scored Minimum 60% Marks In Your 12th Exams, Then You are Eligible to Appear In IIT JEE Exams And Make sure That You Can Attempt JEE only twice, in Consecutive Years.

And If You Want to Get More Information Regarding IIT JEE Exams, Then Please visit This Given Websites -

www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
8th February 2011, 09:29 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination?

Hi

Candidates who have appeared in the 12th board exam or passed the 12th board exam are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.

This examination is conducted every year. As you are studying in 11th standard so you are not eligible for this year you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination in next year.

The detailed eligibility criteria if IIT-JEE is given below:

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

1. Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.

2. Those who have appeared in 12th boar examination are also eligible for the IIT-JEE examination.

Date of Birth
The candidates having age up to 25 are only eligible. Those having age above 25 years are not eligible.

Relaxation
There is a relaxation in age for the candidates having reservation like SC, ST and PD. There is a relaxation of 5 years for such candidates.

So you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination next year only. You are not eligible for this year.

GOOD LUCK
8th February 2011, 09:57 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

The minimum eligibility for appearing in IIT JEE is that:

*Candidate must have passed Higher Secondary(Intermediate) exam or an equivalent from a recognized institution (or public board) with a minimum 60% aggregate( 55% in case of SC/ST/PD candidates).
* Candidate must be born on or after 1st October 1986 (1st October 1981 for SC/ST/PD candidates).
*Students who will be appearing for the Qualifying Examination the same year are also elgible.(ie Students in class 12 of 10+2 are eligible).

Since, you are in class 11, therefore, you are not eligible as of now.
So, I suggest you to prepare well for the exam and you can appear for the same in 2012. Be sure to fill the forms and submit it on time.

For any help and guidance, feel free to ask.

Good Luck!
8th February 2011, 10:05 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--AGE limit-->should complete 10+2,
--60%in phy,chem,maths in 12th.

all the best
8th February 2011, 10:10 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

you can able after passing 11th.when you will be on 12th then you will be eligible for IIT JEE. you may also appear in IIT in the next year after 12th pass if you fulfill other eligibility criterion. one candidate can appear in IIT JEE in consecutive two years.

Eligibility criterion to appear in IIT JEE

1.for general and OBC candidate the birth date should be on 1st October, 1986 or later. for SC/ST/PH candidate there is five years relaxation. their birth date should be on 1st October, 1981 or later. the date of birth will be considered from the 10th board examination admit card or equivalent examination admit card.

2. the candidates should pass 10+2 level or equivalent examination or who are going to appear in 10+2 level examination or equivalent examination this year are also eligible for IIT JEE examination.

3. for general and OBC category students minimum marks should be 60% in 10+2 level examination or equivalent examination. for SC/ST/PH candidate minimum percentage of marks is 55% in 10+2 level examination.

4. One candidate only can appear in IIT JEE consecutive twice. the candidate who have taken admission and payed the registration fees will not be eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination.

for more information about IIT JEE examination and eligibility criterion go through the information brochure of IIT JEE. you may also visit the website of any IIT to get the details about IIT JEE.

best wishes.
9th February 2011, 08:02 PM
mohit brh

A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, after October 1, 2009 or in the year 2010 or will be appearing in 2011. Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE 2011.
those who appearing in 12th are eligible to apply.
i have uploaded elgibility you can see by clicking on given link.
10th February 2011, 12:54 PM
ROOPA SAMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now i am in 11th standard and i am interested to sit for IIT so can i sit and when can i give the exam please guide me. I got 81.27% in 10th
hi..

as you are in 11th standard you cannot apply for the iit because for you need to have passed 12 th exam......
only the appearing and passed students can apply for iit....
11th February 2011, 02:07 PM
xavi

freind hi,

--->>The detailed eligibility criteria if IIT-JEE is given below:

--Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.
-- Those who have appeared in 12th boar examination are also eligible for the IIT-JEE examination.

Date of Birth
The candidates having age up to 25 are only eligible. Those having age above 25 years are not eligible.

Relaxation
There is a relaxation in age for the candidates having reservation like SC, ST and PD. There is a relaxation of 5 years for such candidates.

So you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination next year only. You are not eligible for this year.\

all the best
5th April 2011, 12:55 AM
Unregistered

Does anyone know for sure the eligibility criteria of iit-jee 2012? What is the minimum qualifying percentage in the 10 2 examination?There were rumors about the standard 60% being changed.
15th April 2011, 04:35 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

No You Are Not Eligible To Appear In IIT JEE Entrance Exams Because You Dont Have Completed Your 12th Exams.

So, After Completing Your 12th, You Are Eligible to Appear for IIT JEE Examinations.

After 11th No One Are Eligible to Appear for IIT JEE Entrance Exams.

So, If You Have Scored Minimum 60% Marks In Your 12th Exams, Then You are Eligible to Appear In IIT JEE Exams And Make sure That You Can Attempt JEE only twice, in Consecutive Years.

And If You Want to Get More Information Regarding IIT JEE Exams, Then Please visit This Given Websites -

www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
thanks
16th April 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

According to C.C.E board system, i have given SA 1,2 exams SCHOOL BASED so i want to know if i am eligible to apply for IIT-JEE exams after 12th. Presently i am in 11, Please Help Me Out !!!
17th April 2011, 12:29 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

hi

IIT JEE ELIGIBLITY CRITERA
A candidate has to satisfy ALL the eligibility conditions given below:

*A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.
*Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it. They should also satisfy the specific eligibility criteria in the qualifying examination.

*Candidates should meet the age requirements given below.
*Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2011 should have either passed after October 1, 2008, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2011 in any one of the following qualifying examinations.
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination.
21st April 2011, 08:53 PM
vijaybhattoo07

Dear friend

IIT JEE exam is conducted every year by all 15 IITs for admission in B.E/B.Tech.

Eligibility Criteria

1.Minimum Academic Qualification

The minimum academic qualification for admission through JEE is a pass grade in the final examination of 10+2 system or its equivalent, referred to as the Qualifying Examination in this brochure. In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level. Those appearing in 10+2 final or equivalent examination in 2005 may also appear in JEE-2005 (Screening Test and Main Examination) for consideration of provisional admission. Those who will be appearing in the qualifying examination in 2006 or later are not eligible to apply. All provisional admissions will stand cancelled if the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted to the Institute concerned by September 30, 2005.

All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. If an applicant is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled. The decision of the Joint Admissions Board regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.

The list of qualifying examinations is given below:

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School CertificateExamination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.

2.Date of Birth

Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible for JEE-2011. However, in the case of SC, ST and PD candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e., SC, ST and PD candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1981 are eligible. Only the date of birth as recorded in your High School/first Board/Pre-University Certificate will be taken as authentic. Candidates must produce this certificate in original as a proof of their age at the time of counselling, failing which they will be disqualified.
22nd April 2011, 07:30 PM
Nazu_khurana

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination?

Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination is as following:

Date of birth:
Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1986 and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1981

Year of passing qualifying examination (QE):
Must have passed the qualifying examination, namely, XII standard or any equivalent examination, after 1st October 2009 or in the year 2010 or will be appearing in 2011

Minimum percentage of marks in QE:
candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks and candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
28th April 2011, 10:57 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You are 12th appearing or appeared student..and you have minimum 60% marks in 12th age doest not matter.....5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates in marks/.
30th April 2011, 11:14 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear for IIT-JEE examination this year.
But you will be eligible to appear for IIT-JEE next year.

Here i am going to provide the eligibility criteria to appear for IIT-JEEE.

-One should have completed his 10+2 with a minimum of 60% of marks.

-There is relaxation in percentage of marks for other categories.

-The students who have appeared for the 12th examination are also eligible to appear for IIT-JEE.

So, I would suggest you to complete your 10+2 with good percentage of marks which makes you eligible to appear for IIT-JEE.

And at the same time gain subject knowledge in 10+2.

One can appear for IIT-JEE for a maximum of 2 times that too in two consecutive years.
30th April 2011, 07:33 PM
kkanika_14

Talking Re: Eligibility to apply for IIT-JEE examination?

ELIGIBILITY FOR IIT JEE 2011

Eligibility: You must make sure that you satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2011

Date of birth: Candidate belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must be born on or after October 01, 1986 and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must be born on or after October 01, 1981

Year of passing qualifying examination (QE): Must have passed the qualifying examination, namely, XII standard or any equivalent examination, after 1st October 2009 or in the year 2010 or will be appearing in 2011

Minimum percentage of marks in QE: candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks and candidates belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination

Important notes: (i) You can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means you should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011
(ii) If you have accepted admission after qualifying in JEE in earlier years by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISM, Dhanbad, you will not be eligible to write JEE at all, irrespective of whether or not you joined in any of the programmes
30th April 2011, 11:45 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

You need to first complete your 12th and then apply for the exam.
27th May 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

can re exam cbse 12 will make me eligible for jee 2012
1st August 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

what is theeligibility criteria for student who are physically handicape ?
18th August 2011, 03:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear friend,

Eligibility for IIT-JEE :-

1.The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board with PHY ,CHEM ,MATH.

2. You must score 60% in class 10+2 exam.

You can apply for this post in serially two times.

All the best.
2nd October 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

if i drop my intermediate for one year then how many attempts of jee do i have
3rd October 2011, 01:15 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE exam:
Candidate should have complete 12th class with PCM stream from any recognized university
And should have 60% marks in 12th.

For more details,then click here
15th February 2012, 09:58 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
I am giving you a few details regarding IIT examination..........

You can give the IIT exam after 12th.....You can get only 2 attempts for that.....Your age should be between 18 to 22 years.........You should be an Indian........

Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
15th February 2012, 10:45 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

IIT-JEE examination is an entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for joining in Engineering in IIT. The eligibility required for appearing in this exam are as follows.

1. You must have completed your 12th std with science as your stream and
physics, chemistry and maths as one of the main subjects in 12th std.

2. You must have got 75% as an aggregate and at least 60% in each of the
subjects in board exam.
15th February 2012, 10:53 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

HI Dear

Criteria for IIT JEE exam:-

*Candidate pass 12th science with math as subject
*Maximum one candidates give 2 times this exam..

15th February 2012, 11:16 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for the IIT-JEE in this year as you are in the 11th class & the eligibility criteria of IIT-JEE is as under-

1. Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.

2. Those who have appeared in 12th board examination are also eligible for the IIT-JEE examination.

3. The candidates having age up to 25 are only eligible. Those having age above 25 years are not eligible.

4. There is a relaxation in age for the candidates having reservation like SC, ST and PD. There is a relaxation of 5 years for such candidates.

5. You must score 60% in class 10+2 exam.

6. You can get only 2 attempts to clear it.
15th February 2012, 11:27 PM
adlsm

hi,

-Candidates who have passed the 12th board examination are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.
- Those who have appeared in 12th board examination are also eligible for the IIT-JEE examination.

Date of Birth

Relaxation

So you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination next year only. You are not eligible for this year.\

all the best
25th February 2012, 02:25 AM
tanu47

No dear,
You r Not Eligible To Appear In IIT JEE Entrance Exams Because You Dont Have Completed Your 12th Exams. The eligibility criteria for IIT JEE is passed 12th class with minimum 60% marks in PCM.

Good luck.
24th July 2012, 04:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear IIT-JEE aspirant,

Good to know, that you have started your preparation for IIT-JEE exam just after passing Class 10th. IIT-JEE exam is conducted every year jointly by IITs for admission to Undergraduate Courses in various IITs.

But at this moment you are not eligible for giving this exam.
You can give this exam while appearing for XII Board Exam.
Also, Minimum Percentage required for appearing in IIT-JEE exam is at least 60% or above.

For more information, you can visit this page: http://jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php
24th July 2012, 08:11 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hiiii...!!!

-->good to know that have started your preparation for IIT-JEE exam just after passing class 10th.IIT-JEE exam is conducted every year jointly by IIT's for admission in undergraduate courses in various IIT's.

-->But at this moment you are not eligible for giving this exam.

-->you can give this exam while appearing 12th board.

-->minimum %age required is 60%.

-->for more information please visit this page.
*http://jee.iitm.ac.in

all the best...go ahead!!
25th July 2012, 01:53 PM
sheelasnj

Candidates who have appeared in the 12th board exam or passed the 12th board exam are eligible to apply for the IIT-JEE examination.

This examination is conducted every year. As you are studying in 11th standard so you are not eligible for this year you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination in next year.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

2. Those who have appeared in 12th boar examination are also eligible for the IIT-JEE examination.

Date of Birth

Relaxation

So you can apply for the IIT-JEE examination next year only. You are not eligible for this year.
25th July 2012, 02:36 PM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

EDUCATION QUALIFICATION

Date of Birth

Relaxation

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?