30th September 2015, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for B.Sc Computer science?

What is the eligibility for applying bsc computer science? A student who have passed plus two with commerce trade can apply?

Related Questions:
  1. What to choose B.Sc(H) Computer Science or B.Sc(H) Maths at DU? Eligibility for MCA or Geophysics through IITJAM? What about MBA through IIMs?
  2. Cutoff marks and the fee structure of the Kochi Law school
  3. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  4. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  5. Eligiblity to pursue B.Sc in Computer Science for 12th PCB student? List of colleges with placement facility in Lucknow? How B.Sc(Computer Science) is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  6. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  7. What to do after bsc in computer science? MSc or MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  9. To do MCA after BCA is Mathematics required at 12th level?
  10. When will I receive the admit card of SSC(LDC)?
  11. Can I do B.Sc course after completion of 12th class in Arts stream?
  12. Required Eligibility criteria to do M.Sc in Computer Science of Osmania University? Job Opportunities after completion of B.Sc in Maths, Electronics and Computer Science?
  13. List of top colleges for BSC(computer science) in Chhattisgarh? What's the applying procedure?
  14. List of career options available for a B.Sc(computer science) graduate? List of top colleges I can apply for?
  15. How can I apply for RTO inspector post after completing BSc computer science
  16. Can I apply for IFBI after completing BSc computer science?
  17. Which specialization is the best for career in BSc Computer Science or BSc Electronics?
  18. What is the initial salary for freshers? I have done BSc computer science
30th September 2015, 04:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for B.Sc Computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the eligibility for applying bsc computer science? A student who have passed plus two with commerce trade can apply?
No, commerce students are not eligible for B.Sc in Computer Science.

If you have completed 12th standard with PCM or computer from a recognized board then you are eligible for admission in B.Sc in Statistics.

Your age should be above 17 years.
30th September 2015, 04:45 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
In order to apply for B.SC Computer Science course you need to have science stream with maths as one of your main subject in 10+2 level of study. Since, you belong to Commerce stream so unfortunately you are not eligible for this course. But apart from this course you can go for BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) course which is equivalent to B.Sc Computer science degree. The duration of BCA course is same as B.SC Compute Science degree that is 3 years.

Here are the list of institution for BCA Course where you can apply for admission

Christ University, Bangalore

Madras Christian College, Chennai

Xavier Institute of Computer Application, Ahmadabad

Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Maharashtra

Birla Institute of Technology, Jharkhand etc.
30th September 2015, 07:08 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
B.sc Computer science is Bachelor of Science in Computer science and this is a under graduate course of 3 years duration with 6 semesters in it. To join in this course you need to have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education with at least 55% aggregate and should have studied Computer science as subject in your respected +2.

There are many colleges which offer you to join in this course and they are:
  • VIT University, VITU, Vellore
  • Ethiraj College for Women, ECW, Chennai
  • Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts, Pune
  • S K Somaiya College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
  • Chennai Mathematical Institute, CMI, Chennai
  • DAV Institute of Management , Faridabad
  • University of Kota, UOK, Kota
  • Bhaskaracharya College of Applied Sciences, New Delhi
  • VELS University, Chennai
  • Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan
30th September 2015, 08:33 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you but you are not eligible for doing B.Sc computer science course being a 12th commerce student.

1. In order to do B.Sc you must either complete 12th Maths, physics and chemistry course or diploma in engineering course.

So if you are interested in computer then you can choose computers as specialization in b.com or bba.

The computer related courses you can do in graduation are
1. BBA (IT)
2. B.Com (computers)
30th September 2015, 09:29 PM
JSD.

No you can not do the BSc course in the computer science stream. Basically BSc is bachelor in science. The duration of this course is three years.

The basic eligibility criteria for this course is to have a successfully passed +2 course from a recognised board with good percentile. Also the appearing aspirant must be belong from either from the Bio-science group or Math-Science group.

That means appearing aspirant either have the combination of Physics chemistry and mathematics or Physics chemistry and biology as a major subject during the +1 and +2.

As you are telling that you have done your +2 in the commerce section that is why you are not eligible for the BSc course.
1st October 2015, 12:38 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc stands for Bachelor of Science and frankly commerce students are not eligible for B.Sc. course.

You can do B.Sc. in Computer Science, if you had passed your 10+2 from a recognized board.

B.Sc. courses are available in numerous institutes around us.

You will have to appear for an entrance exam conducted by that university itself for getting admission in that university.

Entrance exam conducted by that university generally have no negative marking.

So, more the questions you will attempt, greater will be the chance of qualifying it.
1st October 2015, 10:28 AM
kalyansai215

Eligibility Criteria :-------------

Pass with 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with English , Physics and Maths).

In case candidate has not studied English as a subject, condition of English may be waived off provided the candidate in his qualifying exam has studied in English Medium.

Lovely Professional University Fee Structure :--------

Tuition Fee - Rs. 39,000/-

90% or above - Rs. 24,500/-
80% to 89.99% - Rs. 29, 500/-
70% to 79.99% - Rs. 34,500/-
Below 70% with valid LPU-TFA score - Rs. 34,000/-

Examination Fee - Rs. 1500/- (Per Semester)

Thank you...
23rd March 2017, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Student with computer application as a subject of commerce can apply for bsc computer science?
15th May 2018, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Any enterance test required? If yes which enterance test should I apply for?
20th May 2018, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

My son just completed 12th with 93.8% in Telangana state board with Math,Phy,Che,Eng and Sanskrit. Is he eligible for BSc with computer science from Osmania University.
9th November 2018, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

admission procedure in Birla institute of technology for B.sc in computer y
6th December 2019, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Do we need to write any entrance exam for BSc computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?