3rd April 2019, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for CAT and study PGDM in IIT for BCom General student?

Hello everyone, I am studying BCom General course. I want to apply for CAT and study in IIM. I would like to know about my eligibility to apply for this admission test as I have a desire to study PGDM in IIM.

15th April 2019, 09:00 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for CAT and study PGDM in IIT for BCom General student?

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for CAT examination is bachelor's degree in streams like science, commerce, computer application, technology etc from a recognized university.

In bachelor's degree, candidate must have at least 50% marks to be eligible for CAT examination. You can apply for CAT examination if you secure 50% marks or more in bachelor's degree in commerce.
15th April 2019, 01:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for CAT and study PGDM in IIT for BCom General student?

For pursuing PGDM ( Post Graduate Diploma in Management ) degree course from IIM (( Indian Institute of Management ) , you are required to appear and qualify CAT ( Common Aptitude Test ).

Further, for appearing in CAT, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree course in any discipline with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST or PH category ) from a recognized university.

So, being a B.Com (General) student, you are eligible for appearing in CAT, if you manage to complete your B.Com degree course with above specified minimum marks.

For more details regarding CAT, you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?