11th March 2018, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD(Management) for PGDM student?

Hello, I am studying PGDM in Marketing. After my PGDM I am interested to do PhD in Management. So, can I do PhD after my PGDM?

22nd April 2018, 05:42 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD(Management) for PGDM student?

Eligibility Criteria Required to study PhD in Management:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned you are eligible to pursue this PhD in Management. Basically there is a certain educational qualification required to pursue this course.

>> Candidates must have completed their Master's Degree in concerned stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks. Or candidates who are done with its equivalent qualification are also eligible.

>> As you are done with PGDM in Marketing which is a post graduate degree, I can say that you are eligible to pursue.

>> Besides meeting this criteria, you are required to appear in any of the entrance examinations. They may include, CSIR/ UGC NET, GATE, ICAR..etc entrance examination in order to get admission in PhD in Management course.

>> There are several colleges that are offering this course and the basic eligibility criteria required slightly changes from organization to organization. If you have any above mentioned exam's score, you are required to appear in concerned college's PhD Entrance Examination.
22nd April 2018, 06:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am very much sorry to inform you that you cannot opt for PhD course in Management after the completion of PGDM in Marketing as PGDM is not a Masters degree course.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree in Management stream from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the Ph.D course in Mangement.
24th April 2018, 08:30 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that you are not eligible to do PhD in Management course after completion of Post Graduate Diploma in Management. In order to be eligible for PhD in Management course, you must have completed masters in the relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?