1st October 2018, 01:20 AM
SUbashpmk

Eligibility to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination for BTech 4th year student?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am studying in 4th year of BTech course. I want to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination. I would like to know that as I am in 4th year, so I am eligible or not to apply for this examination?

1st October 2018, 11:57 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination for BTech 4th year student?

As you are currently in 4th year, so after completing your graduation in engineering, you can apply for UPSC Engineering Services exam.

To be eligible for this exam, your age must be between 21 to 30 years.

If you are a reserved category candidate, then you will get 5 years of relaxation in age.

You can apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination from UPSC Online Portal i.e. https://upsconline.nic.in/

Application Forms were released on 26 September and last date to apply for this exam is 22 October, 2018.
2nd October 2018, 05:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC Engineering Services Examination for BTech 4th year student?

No, you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Engineering Services examination being a B.Tech 4th year student. Only candidates who have passed Degree in Engineering from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for UPSC Engineering Services examination. So, being a final year B.Tech student, you have to complete four years B.Tech course to be eligible to apply for UPSC Engineering Services examination.
2nd October 2018, 07:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required for appearing in the UPSC Engineering Services examination (also known as Indian Engineering Services examination) is a degree course in engineering (i.e; B.E./B.Tech ) from a university approved by AICTE. Students pursuing final year of their B.E./B.Tech degree course are also eligible.

So, being a student of final year (i.e; 4th year ) of B.Tech degree, you are eligible to apply for the UPSC engineering services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd October 2018, 08:09 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Eligibility criteria for UPSC Engineering Services Examination are as follows-

1. Candidates with degree in Engineering with from any recognised University/Institution.
Final year students can also apply for exam.
2. Age should not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years on 1st August
3. There is relaxation of age for reserved categories.

Exam is held in three stages -
Preliminary test
Mains
Personal Interview.
2nd October 2018, 09:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for UPSC Engineering Services examination:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology from a recognized institute. Final year graduates can also apply for exam.

2. The age criteria is 21-30 years for general candidates.

You can apply for exam while pursuing last year of Bachelor of Technology. The last date to apply is 22nd October, 2018.
3rd October 2018, 08:27 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

* The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in the UPSC Engineering Services examination are here under :-

i) You must have the citizenship of India.

ii) Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have completed B.E./B.Tech degree course from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of same degree courses are also eligible.

So, being a student pursuing final year of their B.E./B.Tech degree courses are also eligible to appear in the UPSC engineering services examination if you satisfy other eligibility conditions too.

For more details regarding the UPSC Engineering Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2018, 08:41 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The requirements to apply for UPSC Engineering Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering or M.Sc from a recognized university.

Final year candidates can also apply. So, yes, you are eligible.

Age criteria: 21-30 years.

Preliminary exam: 6th January, 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?