6th November 2018, 10:30 AM
lakshya chetia

Eligibility to apply for UPSC exams for a candidate who has completed BSc in 4 years?

Hello friends, I have completed my BSc Degree course in 4 years. I want to apply for UPSC exams. But as I did my BSc in 4 years, so can I be eligible to apply for UPSC exams? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you!

10th November 2018, 09:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC exams for a candidate who has completed BSc in 4 years?

The acronym UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

After bachelor's degree in science, you can apply for following UPSC exams:

1. Civil Services examination.

2. Combined Defence Services.

3. Central Armed Police Force exams.

It does not matter in how many years, you have completed bachelor's degree. If you have completed your degree then you can apply for all above exams.
11th November 2018, 12:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC exams for a candidate who has completed BSc in 4 years?

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is a commission rather a examination itself which conducts different examinations for recruitment of personnel in different fields such as administrative, defense, etc. .

But, in general UPSC examination refers to the Civil Services examination which too is held by UPSC once every year by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. which I assume to be the same in your question.

The minimum education required to appear in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Therefore, having completed your B.Sc degree course even in 4 years or with backlogs, you are eligible to apply for the civil services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same examination is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th November 2018, 04:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is Union Public Service Commission. It conducts entrance examination for recruitment in various services.

Civil Service Examination is conducted in three stages and conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The candidates passed bachelor degree from a recognised university can appear in the examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

To get more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th November 2018, 08:30 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission. It is an examination conducting body. It conducts large number of exams at national level.

There are many exams in which graduates can apply. Candidates who have completed their bachelor's degree in four years are also eligible for all exams which required graduation as minimum qualification.

You can apply for CDS, Civil Services, SSC CGL, UPSC CAPF etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?