6th March 2018, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for a candidate who has secured 70% in 12th Science?

Hello friends, I have secured 70% in 12th Science. I haven’t take admission in Graduation. I want to give UPSC exams so please tell me my eligibility for UPSC exams.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to apply in UPSC SCRA entrance exam for a candidate who has secured 54% in 12th?
  2. Eligibility to apply in UPSC recruitment exams for 12th Science student?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?
  4. Eligibility to get scholarship to study B.Tech for a candidate who has secured 84.2% in 12th CBSE? Procedure to apply?
  5. Am I eligible to do MBBS course after doing GNM being a commerce student?
  6. Eligibility to study B.E. in Rajasthan Technical University for a candidate who has secured 48.6% in 12th RBSE?
  7. Is it possible for me to get the government job if I am 30 years old OC category?
  8. Eligibility criteria for DUMET?
  9. Eligibility to study B.Sc(Radiology) for 12th Science student?
  10. Eligibility to do D.F.Tech for Intermediate candidate?
  11. Does Amity University offer M.Sc(Nanotechnology)? Procedure to get admission?
  12. What kind of jobs are available in UPSC for B.A. General 1st year student who has secured 48% in 12th Arts? Qualification required to apply?
  13. Eligibility to apply in IBM for a candidate secured 82%, 56% and 63% in 10th, 12th and B.E.(Chemical Engineering) respectively?
  14. What are the recruitment exams available to appear in UPSC for B.Com graduate? Detailed information and eligibility to apply?
  15. What really UPSC is? What to study after 12th for it? What are all exams under UPSC?
  16. For which PSU's am I eligible after scoring 7.15 CGPA?
  17. Can I appear in BITSAT 2016 for second time?
  18. Qualifications requirements for Pharmacist Job in Indian Air Force? -- [Most Discussed]
10th April 2018, 08:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for a candidate who has secured 70% in 12th Science?

In order to appear in the UPSC examinations, you must have to complete your Graduation first.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University can appear in the examinations conducted by UPSC.
So, you must have to complete your Graduation in any discipline after the completion of your class 12th examination.
10th April 2018, 10:12 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply in UPSC exams for a candidate who has secured 70% in 12th Science?

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and same is a commission rather than an examination that conducts different examinations for recruitment of central government employees in various departments. But, in general, UPSC examination is usually used to refer to Civil Services examination which too is held by UPSC and which might be the same in your case too.

Being a Class 12th passed candidate in Science stream with 70% marks you are not eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination till you not complete your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university which is the minimum educational requirement for appearing in UPSC examination.

Apart from educational qualification, you need to have the nationality of India with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is valid for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
10th April 2018, 11:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Being a 12th standard passed student, you are eligible to apply for UPSC NDA examination for joining in Indian Armed Forces and SSC examination. If you are interested to appear in UPSC Civil Services examination, you should have to pursue Bachelor's degree course from any Government recognised university.
10th April 2018, 11:36 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of UPSC is Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is a examination conducting body. It conducts large number of examination:

1. NDA/NA exam.

2. Central Armed Police Force exam.

3. Civil Services examination.

4. Central Armed Police Force exam.

5. Indian Engineering Services exam.

6. Indian Economic Services examination and many more.

After 12th science, you can apply for NDA examination only. For other exams, bachelor's degree is required.
11th April 2018, 09:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for one and only Union Public Service Commission National Defence Academy examination.

The eligibility criteria for NDA examination:

>>Candidate should be 12th passed or appearing for board exams. Science stream candidates with Physics and Mathematics are eligible for Army, Navy and Air Force.

>>The age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

>>Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.

The notification for NDA 2 will come on 6th June, 2018.
11th April 2018, 11:04 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

There are some examinations conducted by UPSC board based on class 12th qualification because most of the exams are based on graduation but if your age is under the minimum required age and have not crossed the maximum age limit then you can apply for following exams :

UPSC NDA Examination : There are three different wings in this examination so read the details below :

01. NDA Army Wings : Candidate should have completed class 12th from a recognised board or university and age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years and more than 19.5 years.

02. NDA Naval Wings : Candidate should have passed 12th class exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognised board.

03. NDA Air Wings : Candidate should have passed class 12th with mathematics or physics as special subjects.

So if you are eligible as per given standards then you can apply for UPSC NDA exam but if you want to apply for other exams like - civil services or combined defence services or forest services etc. then you will have to complete at least graduation from a recognised university.

That is why you should not waste your time and get admission in degree from a recognised college or university so you will be eligible to apply for more exams in UPSC or other SSC or Banking boards so be ready for competition and also prepare for exam which you are applying for.
11th April 2018, 11:29 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S Officers.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, as per your qualification you are not eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2018, 09:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination ( generally known as UPSC examination as it is held by UPSC once every year ) are as given below:-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing the final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?