18th August 2018, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for 27 years old BCom graduate?

Hi friends, I want to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment. I am 27 years old candidate and working in a Private Bank. I did BCom course. So, I just want to know that with this age, I am eligible or not to apply for this recruitment?

19th August 2018, 05:03 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for 27 years old BCom graduate?

Eligibility to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for 27 years old BCom graduate are given below.

=> Candidate should have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

=> The age of candidate should be in between 21 to 32 years.

=> The age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate i.e five years to SC/ST and three years to OBC category.

As per your age i think you are eligible to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment.
19th August 2018, 06:05 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UPSC-IPS recruitment for 27 years old BCom graduate?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.
It conducts examinations such Civil Services, NDS, CDS, CAPF AC and many other for recruitment at various posts in purview of Govt of India.

To join IPS(Indian Police Service), candidates need to qualify Civil Services examination conducted once in month at three levels which includes Preliminary(Two papers only objective type), Main ( One paper of essay, Indian language and English, two papers of optional subject and four papers of General Studies) and at last interview.

Eligibility to appear in Civil Services examination
>Candidate must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962.
>A person of Indian origin who has migrated with intention to live here permanently
>Candidate must have attained age of 21 years and must not have attained age of 32 years on 1st August in the year of examination
>Candidate must have a bachelor degree in any disciple from any university recognised by UGC

Also, number of attempts for Civil Services examination is limited.
A general candidate can appear 6 times while an OBC candidate can appear 9 times.
There is no restriction for number of attempts of SC/ST students.
Registration fee for Civil Services Preliminary examination is Rs 100 while that for Civil Services Main examination is Rs 200.
19th August 2018, 06:43 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to join the Indian Police Service, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

* The basic qualifications required for appearing in the Civil Services examination are as here under :-

1) You must hold the nationality of India.

2) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

3) You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

For joining IPS wing of the Civil Services, you are required to hold physical fitness as per the service requirement too.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 07:51 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. Candidates have to appear and qualify in all three stages of examination for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 08:06 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for final recruitment as an I.P.S Officer.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in examination.

Preliminary stage examination in 2019 will be conducted on 02nd June 2019. To get syllabus and other information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
19th August 2018, 08:25 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC-IPS recruitment with this age.IPS stands for Indian Police Service.
Civil Services conduct Union Public Service Commission exam every year.

Eligibility criteria for the exam-

You should be graduated in any discipline from a recognized university.
Age limit -21 to 32 years.
There is relaxation in age for reserved categories ie, five year for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.
Nationality -Indian.

For more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2018, 08:45 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

So, yes you are eligible for UPSC-IAS exam.

For more information, you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
20th August 2018, 10:29 AM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to apply for UPSC - IAS Exam:-

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

To become an IAS you have to pass UPSC Civil Service Examination.

Educational qualification:-

Graduation holder in any stream and have age between 21 to 33 years for general category( 21to 35, for OBC, 21 to 35,for SC/ ST) can apply for civil service exam you can apply for Civil Service Exam.

You can apply for Civil Service Exam online application by using this link
http://upsconline.nic.in

Civil Service Exam has two stages:-
Preliminary Exam
Main Exam

If you pass both exam then you will be finally called for interview.

If you want to know more about IAS Civil Service Exam visit official website
http://upsc.gov.in.
20th August 2018, 08:28 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

IPS recruitment is done through Civil Services exam. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services exam:

1. Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2. The age criteria is 21-32 years.

You are eligible to apply for exam at age of 27 years being a Bachelor of Commerce graduate.
20th August 2018, 08:53 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC entrance examination.
Required eligibility criteria for UPSC-IPS entrance examination are as follows:-
Candidate must have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in any of the stream.
Candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in graduation.
Candidate age should be at least 21 years to 30 years.
Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
21st August 2018, 08:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

--> IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be eligible for UPSC-IPS recruitment i.e; Civil Services examination, the basic eligibility criteria required are as following ;-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any stream from a recognized university.

So, being a 27 years old graduate candidate, you are eligible for appearing in the Civil Services examination.

For more details about the Civil Services examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2018, 12:16 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all three stages for final selection.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear in examinatiobn.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?