22nd September 2010, 04:07 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

sir i am graduate from rgpv bhopal university. according to my university rule my agregate percentage is 62%(1st and 2nd year 10%,3rd year 20% and final year 70% weightage)in my degree certificate i have got 62%. but my average is 54 %(total marks/full marks of all year).most banking exam take 55% aggregate. could i eligible for bank exam.

what they take average or aggregate? please sir reply me so i will choose the future in banking exam. thank you sir..

22nd September 2010, 04:59 PM
sanjusabu

Default Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

Eligibility criteria differs from bank to bank.

I am giving you the eligibility criteria for SBI Bank :-

A) Educational qualifications :-

1) You need to have a degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.

2) You need to have fundamental computer skill.

B) Age limit :-

Your age should be within 21 - 28 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.

Relaxation in Upper Age limit :-

1) For SC/ST :- 5 years

2) For OBC :- 3 years

No of attempts :- You can attempt maximum 3 times for the exam.
22nd September 2010, 05:30 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

hi friend,

Firstly I want to tell you that aggregate means average of all semester, It doesnt follow the weighing system decided by the university.
Most the Bank PO or recruitment exams follow this decorem because such thing only exist in selected degrees like engineering or medical etc. But in overall, no other degree follow this weighing marks in the years. Hence to make all degrees equal they take this criterian of aggregate.

So when apply in future , see only average marks of yours, if this is below the expected one (as in your case)then you may produce the degree certificate at the time of interview , because nobody is there to evaluate your percentages of all years.
22nd September 2010, 08:01 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am graduate from rgpv bhopal university. according to my university rule my agregate percentage is 62%(1st and 2nd year 10%,3rd year 20% and final year 70% weightage)in my degree certificate i have got 62%. but my average is 54 %(total marks/full marks of all year).most banking exam take 55% aggregate. could i eligible for bank exam.

what they take average or aggregate? please sir reply me so i will choose the future in banking exam. thank you sir..
Dear friend
Your confusion is very much reasonable.
But in this case you don't need to worry.
As the degree that your university has provided proves you to have scored 62% in graduation so it means that you are graduate with 62% marks, nothing more.
No one cares what you got in 1st year or second year or what is the weightage system.
So you are eligible for all those examination where eligibility criteria is below 62%.
Thank You
23rd September 2010, 07:13 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria mainly depends upon;
1)which bank you are applying for,
2)the post which you are apply for and
3) to which category you belong to (general/sc,st,exservicemen) etc.

But most of the Banks ask for either 60% in your
HSC /pre-university or A degree in any discipline,for "CLERICAL POST".

For "the PROBATIONARY OFFICER " post many Banks like SBI,ICICI BANK etc ask for 60% in your graduation.

If you belong to sc,st,pwd,Ex-servicemen,OBC category you need only 5% less than the above mentioned percentage of marks.

Coming to your doubt, your 62% percentage is considered as your score in your graduation since that is shown in your Degree certificate.
23rd September 2010, 03:40 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

Qualifications requirement to sit for Bank Exams is given below

1.minimum qualification graduation in any subject, with 55% marks in graduation.

and 60% marks for engineering holders.

2.60% in 10th & 12th.

age limit is 21-29 year.

all the best.........
25th September 2010, 06:30 PM
subhash1206

Quote:

yes dear i will give you data

1) You need to have a degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.

Your age should be within 21 - 28 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.

best of luck dear
8th October 2010, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i got 71% in my first year, 77% in second year and 54% in last year, my certificate shows second class degree.
and my average is 67.33%. Am i eligible for bank PO exams.

kindly help.
Thank you
11th October 2010, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir,

I want take admission in RGPV university in Civil Engineer degree (3rd year through lateral Entry ) and my age is 33 year and i coming in
OBC so i can admission regular college or not , please suggest to me
13th October 2010, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

sir , i am having 54.85% marks in graduation(b.com), bank asks for 55%. am i eligible for that or not.
16th October 2010, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

sir
I am graduate with 40% marks and post graduate with 58% marks.
Is am i eligible for bank po exam on the based of post graduate degree?
16th October 2010, 08:58 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Eligibility for Bank exams is Graduate with an aggregate of 60 % and in some banks there is relaxation for 5 % for SC/ST candidates.As you abov 60% there will be no problem for you to apply in these exams.
17th October 2010, 07:27 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
sir
I am graduate with 40% marks and post graduate with 58% marks.
Is am i eligible for bank po exam on the based of post graduate degree?
Yes, you can appear for the bank po as the percentage required here is only 55% in most of the banks in some like sbi it is 60%.
The average marks are not considered
17th October 2010, 01:09 PM
alekhya

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjusabu View Post

its based on agreegate marks
and most of the banks consider and some age limit is ther
18th October 2010, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

i m graduate with 60% marks in botany hon.but i have not got 55%marks in aggregate.is am i eligible for bank po.
18th October 2010, 12:34 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Lightbulb Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

hi,
in bank exam is age limit is maximam 28 years . and the percentage is minimam 57 and maximam is your capacity required. but in bank the few exam is percentage is miniman 65%.
18th October 2010, 12:50 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

HI FRIEND UR CONFUSION IS TOTALLY RIGHT. BUT I WANT TO INFORM U THAT FOR BANK "AGGREGATE" MEANS AVERAGE. IT DOESNT CONSIDER PERCENTAGE PATTERN OF ANY SPECIAL UNIVERSITY. DIFFERENT BANK HAVE DIFFERENT CRITERIA .SO SEE WHICH ONE IS SUITABLE FOR U. FOR ANY BANK EXAMINATION U MUST HAVE PASSED FROM ANY RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY AND U MUST NOT BE ELDER THAN 28 YEARS. HOWEVER 3 AND 5 YEARS RELAXATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED IN TERMS OF AGE FOR OBC AND SC/ST REsPECTIVELY.
21st October 2010, 05:00 AM
Unregistered

Post Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

sir thaks for ur response.
sir i hav a question in ur reply
u said in interview u show ur degree, should they consider my degree
or takk avg marks of all year.
plz reply sir thanks
21st October 2010, 05:04 AM
Unregistered

29th October 2010, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir My name is surendran and i want to attend the bank exam but for clerical post they require 60 % mark but i have only 52%. Moreover i have completed my graduation and percentage is 53 %. So is their any possibilities for me to write the bank exam sir... Kindly help me out... please
30th October 2010, 05:42 PM
koli

Quote:
Sir My name is surendran and i want to attend the bank exam but for clerical post they require 60 % mark but i have only 52%. Moreover i have completed my graduation and percentage is 53 %. So is their any possibilities for me to write the bank exam sir... Kindly help me out... please
sorry to say, but you can not sit for the exam.

if their criteria is 60%, then it has to be 60%.

best wishes...
31st October 2010, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

sir, i am a commerce graduate and willing to give PO exam... but the eligibility criteria of banks is not understood by me properly. they
say that v need to have aggregate marks i.e. 50% for SC.
bt i have scored--- 43% in FY.B.COM
48% in SY.B.COM
53% IN TY.B.COM
and my aggregate comes to 48% only... so my question is do commerce grad (b.com) also need to show the aggregate marks.
pls. help i am confused.
17th November 2010, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

can we appear 3 times for the enterence of every bank exam or is it that the total number of attempts that we have are 3 irrespective of which bank we are applying for
18th November 2010, 06:24 AM
Unregistered

how many attempts do we have to appear in a bank po exam .... if we have 3 attempts ... than is it for each of the banks seperatly ? ... for example .. if i appear for the union bank 3 times ... can i still appear for other banks as well ???
25th January 2011, 07:28 AM
ANAM SAJID

i hv got in 12th 59 % from I.S.C board and im doing b.com 3rd year from allahabad
university.in 1st yr i got 50% and in 2nd yr 56%.AM I eligible to appear in govt and pvt bank exam for clerk and p.o.
in I.S.C board total subjects are 6 as compared to other boards.plz tell me all 6 subjects % is required or best 5 subjects % can be taken.
5th February 2011, 05:12 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

Hi

Basically the eligibility criteria for various banks for PO exam is graduation with 55%. The percentage required by the bank will be more or less depend on the bank requirement.

All the bank will calculate the aggregate through the semester marks. So according to bank your percentage will be considered as 54% not 62%. And with this percentage you are not eligible if you belongs to general category. But if you belongs to some category then you are eligible for this exam.

Basically the eligibility criteria required for the PO by various banks is given below:

Education qualification

The minimum education qualification required for the PO exam is graduation.
Candidate applying for the bank PO exam should have minimum 60% in 10+2. 55% in graduation.

If a candidate belong to some category like SC/ST/PWD the minimum percentage required in 10+2 is 55% and in graduation 50%.

Age limit
Candidate applying for the bank PO exam should not be above 21 years and not less then 30 years.
For candidates of SC/ST/PWD there is a relaxation in age. For SC/ST 5year relaxation and for OBC 3 years relaxation.

So you should required the above eligibility in order to appear in various bank PO exams.

GOOD LUCK
9th February 2011, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

sir i have a confusion i have got 47% in 12th and in 10th i got48% i am interested in banking can i give bank exam sir plz reply plz plz plz
21st February 2011, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

I have got 64% in 10th and 63% in 12nd. But I am very interested to work in bank. I am now contiuining my graduation in IGNOU. So can I appear for Bank PO Exam. Please clear my doubts immediately
28th February 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

dear sir,
i am graduating and till now my average percentage is 65%. i will graduate in 2012. but i got 59.6% in class 12th. as per the rules it asks for 60% and above in 10 2. so am i eligible for PO exams or not. i am in OBC(creamy layer). kindly reply for my problem sir. as i am intrested in banking field.
thanking you sir
1st March 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

hi i studied form osmania university and have 55.14% (excludes science civization and indian heritage).does aggregrate means counting of options and languages.plz clarify
2nd March 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

sir i have a confusion i have got 53% in intermediate and in ssc i got 57% i am interested in banking can i give any bank exam sir plz reply plz plz plz
3rd March 2011, 02:08 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

[SIZE=3] Please Note:Eligibility criteria may differ from bank to bank.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Eligibility Criteria for Bank PO Exam:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]•Candidate must be citizen of India.
•Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
•Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.[/SIZE]
3rd March 2011, 02:35 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

Quote:
dear sir,
i am graduating and till now my average percentage is 65%. i will graduate in 2012. but i got 59.6% in class 12th. as per the rules it asks for 60% and above in 10 2. so am i eligible for PO exams or not. i am in OBC(creamy layer). kindly reply for my problem sir. as i am intrested in banking field.
thanking you sir
hello friend...

BANK PO EXAM

Probationary officer exam for recruiting candidates for the post of PO. Bank invites all the Indian eligible meritorious aspirants for the post of PO. Candidates have to fill online application forms to be recruited for the post of PO.

Common Eligibility Criteria:(may differ for different banks)

•Candidate must be a citizen of India.
•Candidates must have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate in class 12 and 55% aggregate in graduation from the recognized University to be eligible for this course. However, SC/ST candidates are given a relaxation of 5% both in class 12 as well as Graduation.
•Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
•Candidates must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age as on 28th February, 2011.

Most of the banks asks 55% in class 12th and you have 59% so you are eligible, maybe some banks will quote for 60%, as you said you have interest in banking field then just try to know the banks which have eligibility for 55%, i guess most of the banks have 55% so you wont be having any problem....

All the Best...
3rd March 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

I m a B.com honors student. If i take nly my honors subjects percentage its 52.5% as shown in my final year marksheet and if i calculate all d subjects aggregate my percentage is 56.2%. So m i Eligible for the post of Bank PO?? Do the bank counts the aggregate of honors paper nly??

Plz reply, m confused!!!!
4th March 2011, 11:44 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
sir i have a confusion i have got 53% in intermediate and in ssc i got 57% i am interested in banking can i give any bank exam sir plz reply plz plz plz
hello friend...

Eligibility for bank exams are as follows....

Educational Qualification For Bank Clerical Grade Exam

1. For the posts of Clerks and Typists :

Bachelor's degree of a recognized University in any discipline or its equivalent recognized as such by the Central Government.
Passed with 50% marks in aggregate in Higher Secondary
Examination/(10+2) of 10+2+3 pattern/Eleventh Standard Examination of 11+3
pattern/Intermediate/Pre-University or its equivalent.
OR
Passed with 50% marks in aggregate in Diploma in Banking recognized by Central/State Government or U.T. Administration.
OR
Passed with 60% marks in aggregate in Matriculation/SSC (old pattern)/SSLC/ l0th standard of 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent.

2. For the posts of Stenographers, Data Entry Operators, Telephone Operators :

A pass in Matriculation/SSC (old pattern) SSLC/ l0th standard examination of 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent.

3. For the posts of Agricultural Clerks :

A degree or Diploma in Agriculture (including Agricultural Engineering) from a recognized University/Institution.
OR
Passed Higher Secondary/ 12th Standard of 10+2+3 pattern or Intermediate or equivalent examination with Agriculture as a subject with 50% marks for all candidates except SC/ST/OBC/XS/OBC/OH candidates in whose case the eligibility is a mere pass in these subjects.
OR
A Matriculation/SSC (l0th Standard) certificate in case of a Village Level Worker with a minimum of 3 years experience as Village level worker under a Government.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BANK PO(probationary officer) :

The candidate must have obtained any of the following
1. Post graduation degree from a recognized University
2. Masters in Computer Application from a recognized University
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BE./BTech) from a recognized University
4. The candidate must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks as aggregate in the relevant degree examinations.
5. The candidate must possess Computer knowledge covering M S Word, M S Office, Excel, Access, etc.

hope the info. helps....
8th March 2011, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

sir,
most of the bank po exam asks for 55% in gaduation . I have got 59% in my graduation 68% in secondary and 61% in pg but scores 42% in hsc am i eligible to sit for the po exam?
9th March 2011, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Unregistered;219935]sir
I am graduate with 52% marks in honors paper history and but the total final year percentage is 49.7%
Is am i eligible for bank clerk in which the eligiblity criteria is a degree with a minimum of minimum 50% of marks
10th March 2011, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

sir. I have got 62% in honors subject and 40% in pass subject. can i apply for bank po?
15th March 2011, 11:49 PM
Aman Sapra

You need to have atleast 55% marks in graduation to sit in Bank Exams.
16th March 2011, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

sir i have average 59 theh can i eligible for campus?
27th March 2011, 01:12 AM
kkanika_14

Cool Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on AGGREGATE MARKS.

Eligibility:

Candidate must secure minimum 60% in aggregate.

Good Luck............
28th March 2011, 05:55 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks?

Quote:
sir i have average 59 theh can i eligible for campus?
Am sorry, you are not eligible for most of the top MNC companies placements because the eligibility criteria is to have 60 % above aggregate in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree, but you don't have to worry there are many small companies which provides jobs based on performance and not with marks..

-> Join the small companies and work for some 2-3 years, and then jump into big MNC companies like TCS, Wipro etc. with the experience you have gained.

-> To search for jobs which matches your profile CLICK HERE!!!

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TOP MNC COMPANIES IN CAMPUS

-> Should have 60 % above aggregate in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.

-> No current arrears, maximum of 2 backlogs ( depends upon the company )

-> Maximum of 2 yrs study gap.

-> Should have proper technical and communication skills.
2nd April 2011, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

i have 60% aggregate in degree from rgpv can i eligible for those compny whose critera is passing with degree in 60% agregate?
5th April 2011, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Hai
I am doing my 3rd year in engineering with computer science as major.At present i hve 93 percent aggregate.Apart from clerical post what are the posts can i apply for?what's the criteria?when can i take the examination?Please suggest me.
Thanks and Regards.
6th April 2011, 04:47 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

As you have secured a percentage of 62 as per your degree certificate, you can apply for various PO positions with the same.

Here i am providing you the eligibility criteria for bank PO exams which is almost same for all the banks.

Academic qualification:
-One should be a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation and 60% in 10+2.

-For SC/ST, they need to secure a minimum of 50% in graduation and 55% in 10+2

Age criteria :
-One should in the age group of 21-30 years
-Relaxation in age is there for other categories

It would be good if one have a computer certificate.

You can visit the following website for bank exams notifications and other updates
bankexamsindia.com
6th April 2011, 08:24 AM
Taurus007

hii

Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks
you are not eligible for most of the top MNC companies placements because the eligibility criteria is to have 60 % above aggregate in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree, but you don't have to worry there are many small companies which provides jobs based on performance and not with marks..
Join the small companies and work for some 2-3 years, and then jump into big MNC companies like TCS, Wipro etc. with the experience you have gained.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR TOP MNC COMPANIES IN CAMPUS
Should have 60 % above aggregate in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.
No current arrears, maximum of 2 backlogs ( depends upon the company )
Maximum of 2 yrs study gap.
Should have proper technical and communication skills
Age limit :-
22nd September 2010 03:07 AM

good luck
6th April 2011, 11:17 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

firstly you need to graduate from any of recognised college/university...
age-21 to 28..
there is relaxation of 5 year upper age to sc candidates and 3 years to st candidate...
and also you need to know basics skills of computer
6th April 2011, 12:11 PM
Ashutosh15187
Banned

No of attempts :- You can attempt maximum 3 times for the exam.[/QUOTE]
6th April 2011, 08:28 PM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hai
I am doing my 3rd year in engineering with computer science as major.At present i hve 93 percent aggregate.Apart from clerical post what are the posts can i apply for?what's the criteria?when can i take the examination?Please suggest me.
Thanks and Regards.
As you are pursuing engineering you can apply for bank jobs after completing graduation degree.

Other than clerical post you can apply for Probationary Officer in banks.

Eligibility Criteria for this post is as follow:-

1) (A) One should be a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% of marks in graduation and 60% in 10+2.

(B) For SC/ST, they need to secure a minimum of 50% in graduation and 55% in 10+2

2) Age criteria :
One should in the age group of 21-30 years
Relaxation in age depend on categories

3) It would be good if one have a computer certificate.

You can visit bankexamsindia.com
6th April 2011, 11:19 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hai
Thanks and Regards.
You can not apply for any other post other than clerks in your 3rd year.

You need to have a aggregate of 60% in 12th for that post.

After completing your graduation you will be eligible for probationary officer post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?