26th September 2011, 10:18 AM
swati141988

Can I apply for PO Exam having not secured 1st class throughout Engineering?

I m 10+2th pass student also now student of be computer although i havnt 1st class throughout engineering can i apply for the po exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get scholarship having secured 73% in 1st semester of IS Engineering? -- [New]
  2. Applicable post in Indian Army for post graduation pursuing candidate who secured 50% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 50% in graduation?
  3. Can I apply for Scholarship being a candidate having secured of 1st year BA having secured 77.20% in 12th with Arts stream?
  4. How to apply for scholarship in CBSE?
  5. Can I apply in IIT-JAM for M.Sc programme if secured 56% aggregate and achieved 1st rank in graduation?
  6. Can I apply for Central Sector Scholarship if secured 85% in 10th and 70% in 12th being a B.Sc 1st year student?
  7. What kind of jobs are available in UPSC for B.A. General 1st year student who has secured 48% in 12th Arts? Qualification required to apply?
  8. Which course do I have to study after completing 12th(I Group) with Maths and Science?
  9. Can I apply for MHRD Scholarship if secured 70% in MBBS 1st year?
  10. Is there any scholarship available for BAMS 1st year candidate who has secured 93.6% in 10th and 94% in 2nd PUC?
  11. Information about other scholarship schemes for general category PG students who have secured 1st position in their UG level?
  12. Information about CDAC? How many seats are there?
  13. How can I apply for NCV Class 4?
  14. Can I apply for Inspire Scholarship if secured 69.3% in B.Sc and pursuing M.Sc 1st year?
  15. Can I apply for scholarship if secured 8.1 CGPA in B.E. 1st year?
  16. How can I apply to get Central Sector Scholarship if secured 84.2% in 12th, 81.5% in 10th and studying B.E.?
  17. Can I apply for IBPS clerk exam after securing 85% in 10th class and 77.6% in 12th class
  18. Am I eligible to apply in IBPS AO recruitment if secured 76% in 10th, 54% in 12th and pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture?
26th September 2011, 04:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO Exam having not secured 1st class throughout Engineering?

Yes you can eligible for most of the bank PO jobs.

Bank PO jobs are in good demand these days. The competition for the bank jobs is going on increasing.

The eligibility criteria for bank exams will be slightly different from one bank to other bank. Here is the eligibility criteria for bank PO Exams.

Academic Qualification:
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university. For some banks, there is the eligibility criteria that a candidate need to secure a minimum of 50% of marks at Graduation level.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for bank exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit and in percentage of marks for the candidates of SC/ST.

From this academic year, IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of probationary officers for 19 public sector banks.

In order to be eligibility for this exam, a mere pass in graduation is required for the candidates.
26th September 2011, 04:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for PO Exam having not secured 1st class throughout Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swati141988 View Post
I m 10+2th pass student also now student of be computer although i havnt 1st class throughout engineering can i apply for the po exam?
Dear friend,

Yes , You are eligible for BANK PO exam.Only ,You are not allowed in SBI PO exam.Because SBI PO exams are want 60% above in graduation.

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree with above 55% marks from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

FOR IBPS EXAM:-

IBPS exam is conduct for BANK PO for 17 banks .

Only those candidate have completed graduation degree are eligible for BANK PO exam.

Also all candidate age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Selection process for IBPS exam-
1) Written Test
2)Personal Interview

For written test you must be care about mathematics and general knowledge.

Thanks
26th September 2011, 04:46 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Swati,
Once you are awarded with a bachelors degree in your stream, you will be eligible to apply for the post of probationary officer in private as well as public sector banks provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria like percentage of marks, age etc.
The eligibility criteria, apart from being a graduate, varies as per the standard set by the Banks.
For most of the public sector banks, you must have scored a minimum of 55% in the bachelors degree examination and 60% in the +2 level of exam.
The eligible age in public sector banks is between 21-30 years.

In private sector banks, the required percentage of marks in graduation is somewhere between 55%-60% and the eligible age is 21-27 years. However, this may vary because every private sector banks follows their own standards and some of them recruits candidates with MBA.
The eligibility criteria is mentioned very clear in the notification published by every bank and hence you must refer to it for accurate information.
26th September 2011, 04:58 PM
c garima

hi...
yes, you can apply for bank PO job
in bank PO job for criteria is that you have an age limit minimum 21 to maximum 30 yr.
and in graduation you have got first division so you can apply because the criteria is that for applying PO bank is 50% aggregate
and other crieteria is that you should haves be proficient in operating computer
so best wishes to you!!!!!
26th September 2011, 05:28 PM
sandeepsonipoly

Thumbs up Re: Can I apply for PO Exam having not secured 1st class throughout Engineering?

Quote:
YES, you are eligible for most of the bank left to sbi bank.
becasue without sbi all bank want to 55% in graduation.
sbi bank po qualification is 60% must.
eligibility;a graduate in any discipline with recognized university with 55% to 60%.
age: age between 21 to 30 and age relaxation also given for
st/sc: 5 year]
obc: 3 year
now IBPS is a group of 19 banking is also fulfill condition for you.
so just wait and apply for bank po.
all the best
11th October 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE NOT SCORED 50 % IN 10TH CLASS. CAN I APPLY FOR BANK PO EXAM.
23rd October 2011, 04:37 PM
sanjibdebnath33

Yes you can apply. As PO job needs 50% on graduation lavel.
23rd October 2011, 04:38 PM
sanjibdebnath33

You can't apply. As it needs 50 in aggrigate.
15th November 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

i have reached 30 few days ago on 04 oct 2011 and i hv got 42% in aggregate in bachelors, so is
there any chance to go for Bank PO.
Naresh Vij
1st December 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

i have got 59.16 in ssc and i got 64.7 in 12th now iam in 3rd btech with 63% can i eligeble for bank exam
4th January 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i am studying aeronautical engineering..... can i apply bank po exam now...............
6th January 2012, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

i hav all 70 per upto mca except graduation .iam eligible for pos or not plz reply me at [email protected]
Thaq
27th January 2012, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for bank exam in 10th i got 89% and in 12th i got 75% and i m doing engg. right now 3 year with ec branch
29th February 2012, 03:57 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Yes, you can. The eligibility conditions are written for bank PO are:-

Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 20 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines)

Educational Qualification: Any degree from a recognized University with 55% marks for General and OBC Candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD Candidates.
4th March 2012, 12:44 AM
ramandeep.2dec

Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 21 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines)

Educational Qualification: Any degree from a recognized University with 55% marks for General and OBC Candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD Candidates.
26th March 2012, 07:42 AM
gurmit.pgi

Yes, you can apply as the eligibility conditions for bank PO are:-

Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 20 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines i.e 3 years in upper limit for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Educational Qualification: Any degree from a recognized University with 55% marks for General and OBC Candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD Candidates or post graduation .

Sections in Exam:-
1.Reasoning
2.English language,
3.Quantitative Aptitude
4.General Knowledge related to Banking Industry
5. Computer Knowledge Aptitude

Books to master the exam sections are:-
Reasoning Ability by R.S. Agarwal
Quantitative Aptitude by R.S Agarwal
Ramesh's Bank PO book please
R.S. Aggarwal for English
Wren and Martin for elementary English
Newspaper for general Knowledge
28th March 2012, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

i have 53% in my b.tech can i apply for ibps po jobs
28th March 2012, 08:50 PM
shirley_schmidt

Maharashtra Public Service Commission(MPSC) is a governing body for conducting Maharashtra State Civil Services examination .
Following is the eligibility criteria for applying in the Maharashtra Public Service Commission:
Bachelors from science or Engineering
Adequate knowledge of Marathi will be preferred
Age shoul be between 19-28 years. Relaxable upto 33 years for BC candidates
Physical:
Height: 165 cms.
Chest: 84 cms.
The examination consists of two stages
Preliminary Exam (2 objective-type papers)
Main Exam

After Written examination successful candidates are called for Personality Test.

Good Luck!!!
1st June 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

I have only 53 percent in engineering can i eligible in bank po exam
6th June 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

i"m final year student of b.tech i will be 20 year on 27th january 2012 can i apply for bank po?
21st August 2012, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

can i appear for the bank po exam with less than 55% marks in b.com, but above 50%...
30th August 2012, 07:03 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i have a first div engg. diploma in info. tech. sir i have able to bank po.
deepak
3rd January 2013, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Can an Engineering(IT) graduate apply for Bank exams?
3rd January 2013, 05:03 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

Now Days banking sector is on boom, we can say thata it is a very hot sector now days because a lot of vacancies are comes in that's why many student are move to this sector.

YES definitely dear you can apply for the PO exam you are fully eligible for this exam

Age criteria for PO is candidate should be 20 to 30 year
3 year age relaxation for OBC candidate
5 year age relaxation for SC/ST candidate

Educational Criteria is candidate should be graduate with 55% marks, 50% marks for SC/ST candidate
All Stream candidate are eligible for this exam
Final year candidate can also give this exam

Best of luck
21st August 2014, 12:57 AM
hrmanik25

Quote:
Age limit: Candidate age must be in between 21 years to 30 years (age relaxation for reserved candidates as per Govt guide lines)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?