17th October 2018, 03:30 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to become an IPS Officer for Diploma Civil Engineer?

Dear friends, I have done with my Diploma in Civil Engineering course. I want to become an IPS Officer. I would like to know that with this qualification I can be eligible to become an IPS Officer? Kindly tell me immediately.

20th October 2018, 12:36 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become an IPS Officer for Diploma Civil Engineer?

The basic Eligibility to become an IPS Officer are given below.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Applicants should have passed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

2. The age of applicants should be in between 21 to 30 years.

3. As per my knowledge, three years age relaxation is given to OBC and five years to SC/ST category candidate.

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear in IPS examination after completing Diploma course. For more information you can visit at the official website -- http://www.upsconline.nic.in
21st October 2018, 06:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a Diploma in Civil Engineering degree holder, you are not eligible appearing in the Civil Services examination as diploma in engineering degree course is not equivalent to the bachelor's degree.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st October 2018, 08:19 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year .

For applying for civil services following qualification required-

1.Candidate should be graduated in any steam from recognised university .Diploma civil engineer student is not eligible for civil services exam as diploma isnot considered as bachelors degree .So,you should complete your graduation first.

2.Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.There is relaxation in age for reserved categories.

3.Candidate should be citizen of India.

4.Exam is held in three stages-
Preliminary test
Mains
Interview

For more details log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd August 2019, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

I have completed diploma but I want to enter UPSC exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?