14th August 2015, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? Difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch?

Hello,
I have done Diploma in Civil Engineering with 80%. But I like to study B.Arch course now in Coimbatore. Am I eligible? What is the difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch?

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges offering diploma in Architecture in Ahmedabad? What is the procedure of selection? Is there any weightage given to diploma holders?
  2. How to join B.Arch after diploma? What are the colleges in Chennai that offer B.Arch for diploma holders?
  3. How to prepare for NATA / AIEEE (BArch)? Coaching centers in Delhi to prepare for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Correspondence courses from Abroad equivalent to Architecture for Civil engineer with 21 years work experience?
  5. Eligibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? Difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch? -- [New]
  6. How to join B.Arch after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  7. Is it possible to get a seat in Civil/Architecture after securing 62 in B.Tech and 33 in B.Arch in Meghalaya?
  8. Solved papers for AIEEE BArch exam?
  9. How to join B.Arch course while studying diploma in civil engineering?
  10. How much rank is required in COMEDK after scoring 121 in NATA and 64% in 12th? Can I expect to get admission?
  11. How to get admission in DCRUST? I have scored 82/200 in NATA exam
  12. Which are the exams that I have to answer to enter in B.Arch?
  13. What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?
  14. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course in Saudi Arabia? List of Distance Universities for admission?
  15. How to join BArch ECET exam after completing diploma in civil engineering
  16. Procedure to study B.E.(Civil Engineering) through correspondence for 37 years old Diploma Civil Engineer?
  17. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  18. Scope and placements in B.Arch through AIEEE? Is it a better option in comparison to engineering?
15th August 2015, 11:01 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? Difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have done Diploma in Civil Engineering with 80%. But I like to study B.Arch course now in Coimbatore. Am I eligible? What is the difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch?
Yes, of course you are eligible to apply for B.Arch after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering course. You are required to appear and qualify in the Entrance Exam for taking admission in B Arch after Diploma in Civil Engineering. Since, you have done Diploma in Architecture then you can direct admission into the second year of B Arch through Lateral Entry.

You can appear in the entrance exam such as,

- NATA Examination
- IIT JEE Examination
15th August 2015, 11:10 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? Difference between B.Tech(Civil Engineering) and B.Arch?

You can B.Tech instead of B.Arch. If you want to B.Arch, then you have to clear entrance exam of B.Arch course.

You can take admission 2nd year of B.Tech after completion of diploma through LEET exam.

Difference between B.Tech Civil Engineering and B.Arch:

The difference between is nearly same as Arts and Science.

B.Arch needs more creativity and is more of an art.

Civil Engineering on the other hand is about the technical knowledge required to construct the various structures designed by an Architect.
16th August 2015, 11:06 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria:

> The minimum qualification required for applying in a B. Arch course is +2 with 55% in the board examination.

> The students should have studied Mathematics with Physics and Chemistry in his/her 10+2 level.

> To get admission for the B. Arch program, the aspirants are required to sit for Entrance examination conducted by the respective Institutes.

> The students are allotted different colleges based on their entrance exam scores.

B. Arch Entrance exams in India;

Some of the prominent entrance tests for the B. Arch course are;

> AIEEE

> AMU Entrance Exam

> BEEE

> IIT-JEE

> KEAM

> NATA

> UPTU SEE Exam, etc.

There is a clear difference between B.Tech(Civil) and B.Arch as B.Tech(Civil) is a technical course and looks forward in constructing and architectural sector, whereas B.Arch course deals wit much more of creativity.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?