24th February 2018, 10:25 AM
Farwa bai

Eligibility criteria and educational requirements to become a computer teacher?

Sir, I have completed my graduation in Zoology and I am currently doing MCA. Am I eligible to become a Computer teacher? If not, than what further qualification I need to study for?

26th February 2018, 02:43 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and educational requirements to become a computer teacher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwa bai View Post
Sir, I have completed my graduation in Zoology and I am currently doing MCA. Am I eligible to become a Computer teacher? If not, than what further qualification I need to study for?
To teach in a public secondary school, a bachelor degree in Computer Science is required along with the Master degree in Computer Science is the minium educational qualification requirement to teach in a school or university level.

Some institute/school also consider DOEACC A/B level degree course. B.ED degree is essential for Government school teacher jobs.
26th February 2018, 08:46 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria and educational requirements to become a computer teacher?

You are eligible to become a teacher in Computer subject but it will be better to be in government school. And for this it is compulsory to be a B.Ed degree holder. As you have not mentioned either you want to become a private school teacher or government school teacher.
But it will be better to become a government school teacher. You must be a holder of B.Ed degree for this.

Eligibility criteria to pursue B.Ed are as follows:-
Candidate must be a graduation degree holder from a recognized university.
Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent in graduation.
Upper age limit is not required.
26th February 2018, 11:04 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification for Computer Teacher is Bachelor Degree in Computer Subject either it is B.Sc, B.E, B.Tech.

Basically it depends on school that what minimum education qualification they require for their teacher.

So, first of all check about vacancy in particular school. If yes, then apply for teacher's post. After that they will take a trial and a test of your's.

If you passed in their selection procedure then they will definitely hire you.
27th February 2018, 12:50 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you wish to become teacher in a CBSE affiliated school, then you will have to qualify CTET exam conducted by CBSE every year.

There are 2 papers in CTET. If you wish to teach students between Class 1 to Class 5, then appear for Paper 1 of CTET.
Otherwise appear for CTET Paper 1 and Paper 2 both, if you wish to teach students of Class 1 to Class 8.

Similarly, there are TET exam of every state i.e. Teacher Eligibility Test. After passing such exams, you will be appointed teacher in Government affiliated schools.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?