12th July 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to study M.Tech in Computer Science?

I want to join mtech. What is the eligibility criteria for studying MTech course in computer-science?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for M.Tech computer science after MCA? Scope of M.Tech in Computer science? Can a student pursue M.Tech in CS from IIT or NIT after MCA?
  2. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  3. In which college should I study MCA in Abroad after completing B.Sc in Computer Science? Eligibility criteria and requirements to study?
  4. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  5. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  6. Colleges offering Mining courses in Andhra Pradesh?
  7. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the GATE score? What is the eligibility criteria to get admission in BITS Pilani for M.Tech in computer science
  9. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for M.Tech Exam? Model Question Papers to prepare for this Exam?
  10. Eligibility criteria to study B.Sc. degree course in Nutrition? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility to study MCA in SRM University for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  12. How to join in MS university Tirunelveli for M.Tech CS or IT?
  13. Can computer science student study MBBS?
  14. Is M.Tech computer science in Manipal University a good option? Eligibility criteria for the same?
  15. Details about doing M.Tech in Computer science in IISC?
  16. Eligibility criteria for doing M.Sc in Computer Science from reputed colleges of Bangalore?
  17. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  18. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
12th July 2011, 07:18 PM
digvijaygarg

Default Re: Eligibility criteria to study M.Tech in Computer Science?

You need to have 60% marks in graduation
then give GATE examination
On the basis of score or rank you can apply for different colleges like IITs,NITs...
12th July 2011, 07:19 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria to study M.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to join mtech. What is the eligibility criteria for studying MTech course in computer-science?
Hi friend,

M.Tech in Computer Science:

You didn't mention about ur ug degree or at present what you are doing?

If you want to do M.Tech you should do B.Tech degree. Otherwise you can join Directly for 6 years course in some of the colleges.

All the best.
12th July 2011, 07:45 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Eligibility Criteria (M.Tech.)

Computer Science & Engineering: First Class B.E./ B.Tech. or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electrical & Electronics, Electronics & Tele-Comm., Electronics & Instrumentation or First Class in MCA or First Class in M.Sc. Comp.Sc./ Information Technology.
12th July 2011, 07:51 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech Course in IIT:

Candidate should complete graduation degree in any stream in Engineering course.
Candidate should appear for GATE exam and should get good rank in Gate Exam.

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech Course in Normal College:

Candidate should complete graduation degree in any stream in Engineering course.
12th July 2011, 08:13 PM
digvijaygarg

You need to have GRADUATION with 60% from a deemed university
60% in 12th
60% in 10th
Character certificate from college
12th July 2011, 08:31 PM
Neha P.
Junior Member+

Eligibility Conditions for Full-Time M.Tech.

* A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.

OR
* A candidate must have passed in the A.M.I.E. (India ) Exam with appropriate Specialization/ Grad. I.E.T.E (India), AMIE (London), or any other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to B. E. Degree by the University of Delhi.
* A candidate for admission to full time course must have valid GATE score card. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

Eligibility Conditions for Full-Time Sponsored M.Tech without scholarship

* A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.

OR
* A candidate must have passed in the A.M.I.E. (India ) Exam with appropriate Specialization/ Grad. I.E.T.E (India), AMIE (London), or any other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to B. E. Degree by the University of Delhi.
* The candidates must have minimum one year’s full-time work experience in a registered Firm/ Company/ Industry/ Educational and Research Institutions/ any Government Department or Government Autonomous organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.Experience period will be counted after obtaining the degree only.
* Sponsored candidates will not be eligible to receive scholarship, even if they are admitted on the basis of GATE score.
* A letter from the employer must be furnished stating that the candidate is being sponsored to get admission. The employer should also indicate that the candidate will not be withdrawn midway till the completion of the course.

NOTE:
# Preference shall be given to those candidates who are GATE qualified.
# The number of Sponsored Candidates shall not exceed the 50% of fulltime seats.

Eligibility Conditions for Part Time M.Tech.
# A candidate must have passed B.E./ B.Tech. degree in Electronics &Communication / Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engg./Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized universities/Institutions.
# A candidate must have passed in the A.M.I.E. ( India) Exam. With appropriate specializations/ Grad I.E.T.E (India), A.M.I.E.(London), or any other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to B.E. by the University of Delhi.
# The candidates must have minimum one years’ full-time work experience in registered firm/ company/ industry educational and research institutions/ any Government Department or Government Autonomous Organizations in the relevant field in which admission is being sought.The candidates will be required to submit a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employers.

NOTE:

* No scholarship shall be available for part-time M.Tech. programmes students.
12th July 2011, 08:41 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

To become eligible for M.tech in Computer science, you have to fit in any one of the following criteria.

1. A degree in B.E./ B.Tech. (in any one of the following- EEE/ ECE/ Electronics/ IT / CSE/ I&C/ E&I/ Instrumentation)

OR

2. M.C.A

OR

3. M.Sc in (CS / IT / SE)

To get admission in M.tech, you have to GATE entrance exam.
12th July 2011, 09:01 PM
deepraj535

hello friend,
you just need to have a btech degree by your side (NO MARKS CRITERIA ANYWHERE)and nothing else
(obviously you need to be 10th and 12th pass).

WAYS BY WHICH YOU CAN JOIN MTECH:

1.You need to appear GATE exam and qualify in this exam.
2.You may also directly apply for admission in various institutions directly(then based on your marks and interview you will get selected).

best of luck
12th July 2011, 09:07 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility criteria to study M.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:

For the M.tech course you have apply for the GATE examination
first. Gate examination is conducted every year for the selection
of candidates for Master degree program. The eligibility required
for the GATE examination is given below.

Education Qualification
Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and those who are in the final or pre-final year are eligible.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and in the final or pre-final year are also eligible.

So you can apply for the GATE examination if you fall under the above eligibility criteria.
12th July 2011, 11:17 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

For joining M.TECH

you pass B.TECh exam

after that many universities M.TECH exam is conduct.

first more preference go for GATE exam is for IIT entry scheme.............
13th July 2011, 12:59 AM
genius_911

u cn pursue m.tech by appearing for the technical xam GATE.. it is conducted evry year in the month of feb.. its score-card is valid for 2 yrs... so finl n pre-finl studnts can appear for it.. gettin high rank in dis xam may qualify u for iit or nit colleges....
some private colleges also give direct admisn for m.tech...
hope u choose best for yrself..
13th July 2011, 10:25 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
for m.tech you have to clear your b.tech with out any back logs ...
then you have to give gate entrance exam..........
good luck.........
17th July 2011, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to get admission to m tech without any criteria in be/btech?
18th July 2011, 11:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Minimum Eligibility:
B.Tech. / M.Sc. or equivalent with CGPA 6.75 on a 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate for general category with GATE.

Selection basis: Written test and/or interview

All the best.
26th July 2011, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

if i have not first class in graduation ,can i do m.tech?
26th July 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

if i have not first class in graduation,can i do m.tech?
30th July 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir
I want to ask abt the M.Tech
I do POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL & CYBER FORENSICS & RELATED LAWS.then can i get the admission in M.Tech after this course.bcoz this is also the post degree.thats why i confused.
3rd August 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

i do M.sc.computer science from pune university.i am eligible to take admission in M.tech in any iit
4th August 2011, 12:38 AM
Sehwag6

Eligibility criteria for mtech:- 1)finished your graduation in engineering or msc 2)then you write graduation aptitude test for engineering(GATE) 3)you get high gate score means get good and top colleges 4)no age limit for gate 5)you do many number of attempts in gate best of luck
4th August 2011, 02:59 PM
liquid

Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 pattern of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics provided the candidate has passed in each subject separately. Candidate must additionally have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/
4th August 2011, 04:21 PM
subham7772

For getting admission in M.Tech course from a good Institution,You have to give the GATE Entrance Examination.

ELIGIBILITY-GATE 2012 EXAMINATION:-

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE:

1.Bachelor’s degree holders in B.E./B.Tech/B. Arch (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2.Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications (MCA) or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3.Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree and Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology.
4.Candidates with degree through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
5.For any assistance or query related to GATE examination or preparation you may contact Engineers Institute Newdelhi. official website is:

http://www.engineersinstitute.com

Thank You
8th August 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am graduae in B.E.( E &TC)., but i have to do M.TECH in computer science. so in which stream i need to attend GATE exam. can i attend it with Computer Science stream?
Thanks in advance.
9th August 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Im doing my BCA 3year and wants to know is there any university in india that allows to join MTECH after BCA
?
16th August 2011, 01:38 AM
Sehwag6

Eligibility for m.tech:- 1)you finished the graduation in engineering or msc like master degree. 2)you must write gate exam for m.tech because it is the entrance 3)no age limit and no limit to attend then you get good gate score means get a good and top colleges.all the best
5th September 2011, 11:24 PM
Unregistered

For getting into iits for mtech what does aggregate means and specifically for diploma holders?is it aggregate of all years or of final year?please reply....
28th September 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.sc(IT) in correspondence and MCA(IT) in correspondence and i want to do regular m.tech in computer science, is it possible?
29th September 2011, 05:29 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
In the growing market of the present IT industry going for Master degree in Computer Science will help you a lot to set up your career.
If you want to go for M.Tech in Computer Science then you must have to appear in the GATE exam conducted by the IITs.
The following degree holders are eligible to appear in the exam:-
1. B.E./ B.Tech. in any one of the following streams-
(a) EEE
(b) ECE
(c) EI
(d) IT
(e) CSE
(f) I&C
(g) E&I
(h) Instrumentation
2. M.C.A
3. M.Sc in Computer Science/Information Technology.
____________________ALL THE BEST___________________________
30th September 2011, 01:50 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to study M.tech in computer science, then you have to appear in GATE exam..
GATE exam is an entrance exam for M.tech course.. Which is conducted by IIT's and IISC every year..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.The candidate must have to complete the bachelor degree in the fields like- Engineering/Technology/Architecture.
Or,
2.The candidate must have complete the master degree in the fields like- M.Sc/MCA/MBA course.
3.The candidate can also appear in GATE exam during the pre-final year or final year of graduation or post graduation course.
4.The validity of GATE score remains 2 years.
5.No age limit..
6.No number of attempt restriction..

After qualifying in GATE exam, you will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course..
All the best.
30th September 2011, 02:02 AM
shibendu

Eligibility criteria for M.Tech. :

Students from the following streams are eligible for this :
1.CSE
2.ECE
3.IT
4.ME
5.EE
6.INSTRUMENTATION technology.

But you will have to score minimum 40 to 50 marks in GATE examination.
30th September 2011, 04:14 PM
bodhigyan
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Eligibility criteria to study M.Tech in Computer Science?

Quote:
Hi dear.
for studying MTech course in computer-science, then you have this
following criteria-
1. 60% in 12th,
2. have to 60% marks in graduation,( in any stream in Engineering course),
3. you should be appear for GATE exam and should get good score in Gate Exam.
Then on the basis of score or rank you can apply for different colleges .

Best of luck>
1st October 2011, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

SSC: 53%
HSC: 59%
B.E.: 51%
IF I WIL CRACK GATE EXAM, CAN I GET THE ADMISSION IN NITs IF MA GATE SCORE SATISFY THE CUT OFF..?
N IM OF S.C. CATEGORY
2nd October 2011, 08:21 AM
shrijan00

hy,
You need to have 60% marks in graduation and the other requirement are

1.Bachelor’s degree holders in B.E./B.Tech/B. Arch (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
2.Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications (MCA) or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.
3.Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree and Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology.
4.Candidates with degree through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
Best wishes
9th October 2011, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I had completed my B.E (Mechanical) in 2003. I am now interested in doing M.Tech/M.E (Computers/IT). Am I eligible ?
10th October 2011, 02:01 AM
jevirsinh

Hi
Eligible criteria for M.Tech computer science
-You should graduate from engineering with 60%
-then you eligible for GATE
-After clear GATE you got admission in M.Tech
good luck
12th October 2011, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

i m -pursuing mca and my university is not affilited by AICTE. this is only U.G.C reconized university..can i take a admission in gate........
12th October 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

I M PURSUING MCA .my univ reconiged only U.G.C. CAI N ELIGIBLE FOR GATE
13th October 2011, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

i have yb in 2 year can iaaply for gate
30th December 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

after doing mSc from punjab techincal univerSity ,iS i m eligible in taking addmiSSion in m.tech
19th January 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

i have done B Sc,. computers and M Sc,. Mathematics. Am I eligible for M Tech in CSE or IT branch
19th January 2012, 09:07 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in M.Tech in Computer Science
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria :

Eligibility criteria :

1.Academic qualification :
The candidate should have completed graduation
Then you can be eligible for GATE examination.
There are no percentage criteria
But you should not have any backlogs

>>There are no age limitation.

All the best................

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MTech Eligibility.pdf(36.9 KB, 150 views)
21st February 2012, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I did BSc-IT ,can i apply for MTech in IT
29th February 2012, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

if im pursuing engg in comp stream and dont have first clas then can i go for MTECH?
20th March 2012, 10:36 PM
Sspartha

I have scored in Gate 2012 323 in computer science.Can anyone tell me where I can apply?
4th April 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

sir
i want do m.tech from iit roorkee
what is critical area for addmission
16th May 2012, 11:50 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Hi,

If you want to study M.Tech in computer science then you have to done your B.Tech or some master degree earlier.
You are able to do M.Tech you must have a 4 years of educational level may be in engineering or computer science.
Some people option for a B.Tech and then go for M.Tech,in that way only one graduation will be neccessory

All the best.................
20th June 2012, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech in mining machinary from ISM Dhanbad . Can I do m.tech from computer science??
11th July 2012, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

I am a BTech Metallurgical and Materials Engg from NIT. Now I would like to study M Tech Computer Science & Engineering. Is it possible?
21st July 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my B.sc in computer science with 85% of marks.and i have 85% marks in my 10th &12th exams also..am i eligible to do M.Tech course without my post graduation??
22nd August 2012, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Please anybody let me know that whether I can do M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering after B.E Mechanical.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?