29th August 2018, 09:35 AM

Eligibility to get Lateral BTech admission in any branch for Diploma ECE holder?

Hello, my son has completed his Diploma in ECE stream in Jamshedpur. Now, I want to know that is he eligible to get lateral admission for BTech of any branch? Kindly let me know about this as soon as possible.

4th September 2018, 12:47 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get Lateral BTech admission in any branch for Diploma ECE holder?

Candidates are eligible to get admission through lateral entry in B.Tech course.

Candidates are not eligible to change their stream in the B.Tech course and hence you are only eligible to get admission in the ECE stream.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course through lateral entry.

For more information visit at the official website.
4th September 2018, 01:19 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get Lateral BTech admission in any branch for Diploma ECE holder?

Candidates are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

Entrance examination is conducted by institutes and university in government and private colleges.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in only the stream in which they have completed the lateral course.
4th September 2018, 08:45 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The entrance examination for admission in Bachelor of Technology for a diploma candidate is Lateral Entry Entrance Test. The academic qualification required to apply for LEET examination is diploma in any stream from a recognized institute. Minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required to apply for LEET exam.

Diploma candidates can also apply for JEE Advanced examination for admission in IITs. Your son can apply for LEET exam of Bihar or Jharkhand or any other state.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?