5th July 2019, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get BTech admission through Lateral Entry for Civil Engineering Diploma holder?

Hello friends, I have completed my 12th and also completed 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering. Now, I want to get admission in BTech through Lateral Entry. Kindly guide me through the procedure. Waiting for your response!

8th July 2019, 12:45 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get BTech admission through Lateral Entry for Civil Engineering Diploma holder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friends, I have completed my 12th and also completed 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering. Now, I want to get admission in BTech through Lateral Entry. Kindly guide me through the procedure. Waiting for your response!

Candidates after completion of the Diploma in Civil engineering can apply for the admission to study BTech (Civil Engineering) course through lateral entry admission. Diploma completed, candidates have to clear the lateral entry entrance examination for the admission to study BTech course. Candidates are admitted directly to the 2nd year of the BTech course (via counseling) through lateral entry admission. Admission to the BTech course is done on the basis of candidates’ performance in the lateral entry entrance examination.
9th July 2019, 09:41 AM
EducationConsultant

Default Re: Procedure to get BTech admission through Lateral Entry for Civil Engineering Diploma holder?

Quote:
Yes, being a Diploma in Civil Engineering student you are eligible to apply for B.Tech in Civil Engineering course through lateral entry. You have to appear and qualify in the Lateral entry entrance exam to get admission. Those who cleared the lateral entry exam can directly eligible for B.Tech 2nd year. Admission will be based on the mark scored by the candidate in the lateral entry examination.
9th July 2019, 07:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You need to appear for state level engineering entrance exam of the concerned state where the institute or college is situated. Lateral entry admission is available only through state level engineering entrance exam for B.Tech degree. Just make sure you have the qualification to apply for it.

Being a diploma in civil engineering you will be eligible for lateral entry in 2nd year B.Tech of same stream which is civil engineering. You will get your choice of college only through counselling based on your rank.
9th July 2019, 10:18 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get admission through lateral entry in the B.Tech course.

Candidates after diploma course are eligible to get admission in 2nd year B.Tech course.

Entrance examination is conducted for the admission in the course by various private and government institutes.

So, visit the official website as per the institute in which you want to get admission.
9th July 2019, 11:40 PM
EducationConsultant

Quote:
You have to qualify in the Lateral entry entrance examination to get admission for B.Tech through Lateral Entry for Civil Engineering Diploma. Students get admitted directly to 2nd-year B.Tech through counseling. Admission is purely based on the entrance exam score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?