3rd January 2018, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Medical Lab Technician?

I completed 10th in the year of 2004-05. I want to know if I can do Medical Lab Technician course or not? If yes, how to apply for it?

5th January 2018, 01:26 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for Medical Lab Technician?

You are eligible for becoming Medical Laboratory Technician. The basic eligibility required for becoming MLT is to complete diploma or graduation level degree in MLT realted courses from any recognised university. So, you can study any diploma level courses or certification courses related to MLT. Some of the courses related to MLT are listed below.

- There are Diploma level courses which you can study after 10th and become Medical Laboratory Technician. The duration of the course varies based on the institution. It will vary from 2 - 3 years.
- There are many subjects through which you can become Medical Laboratory Technician. Some of the courses are Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiography Technology, X - Ray Technology, ECG Technology and Medical Laboratory Assistant.
- There are few certification courses through which you can become Medical Laboratory Technician. Some of the certification curses are Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiology Assistant, ECG Assistant and Medical Laboratory Assistant.
- The duration of the will vary around 6 months to 1 years.

So, you need to visit the institutions which provide this courses and complete the course and apply for the jobs in government or private sector.
5th January 2018, 02:16 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for Medical Lab Technician?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed 10th in the year of 2004-05. I want to know if I can do Medical Lab Technician course or not? If yes, how to apply for it?
The basic eligibility criteria for doing Diploma course as well as Bachelor degree course in Medical Lab Technician is 10+2 with Science subject from recognized board with minimum 55% for General category and 50% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Since you have mentioned that you have completed you 10tth level of study. With this level of study you won't be able to do this course. I would advice you to continue your study and complete you 10+2 level of study either in regular mode or you can even join the distance mode of study too. The best is for you to join NIOS (National Institute of Open School) board and complete you 12th within a stipulated time. And after that you will be able to join your course soon.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?