25th December 2018, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BCom(H) in IGNOU for NIOS 12th Humanities candidate?

Hi friends, I have done 12th from NIOS Board. I want to study BCom Honours from IGNOU. I have done 12th with Humanities stream. Please let me know that am I eligible to study BCom Honours in IGNOU or not?

28th December 2018, 08:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BCom(H) in IGNOU for NIOS 12th Humanities candidate?

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is a central government recognized board for secondary and senior secondary education. The marksheets and certificate of this board is valid for admission in various courses and government jobs.

Candidates who have done 12th from NIOS in arts stream can apply for admission in Bachelor of commerce from Indira Gandhi National Open University.
29th December 2018, 01:36 PM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: Eligibility to study BCom(H) in IGNOU for NIOS 12th Humanities candidate?

Yes, you are eligible for taking up B.Com from IGNOU. For Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) from IGNOU the following are the requirements/criteria-
Minimum Duration for completion of course: 3 Years
Maximum Duration for completion of course: 6 Years
Course Fee is: Rs. 6,000
Minimum Age: No bar
Maximum Age: No bar

Eligibility:

Any person with 10+2 qualification is eligible for admission.

The medium of instruction will be either English or Hindi

To get the prospectus and other relevant details you can check the official site of IGNOU.
http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutignou/school/soms/programmes/detail/191/2
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?