17th February 2019, 06:55 PM
Sathishsankar

Eligibility and updated syllabus for exam of Department of Bio-Technology (DBT)?

I am pursuing M.Sc in Biochemistry. Am I eligible for writing DBT (Department of Bio-Technology) exams? Further, can you also share the recent updated syllabus and exam pattern details? And, what is the passing criteria? Is there any negative marking also?

21st February 2019, 07:02 PM
sha2nk90

Default Re: Eligibility and updated syllabus for exam of Department of Bio-Technology (DBT)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathishsankar View Post
I am pursuing M.Sc in Biochemistry. Am I eligible for writing DBT (Department of Bio-Technology) exams? Further, can you also share the recent updated syllabus and exam pattern details? And, what is the passing criteria? Is there any negative marking also?
>> DBT-JRF test is being conducted by the Department of Bio-Technology every year in the field of Bio-Technology and Life Sciences.

>> A student having M.Sc/M.tech or equivalent degree in Bio-Technology or M.sc in life science/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Zoology is eligible to apply for 33the exam. Being a post graduate in Biochemistry you are eligible to apply for/ the post as final year appearing students are also eligible to apply.

>> You need to secure at least 60 % in the M.Sc examination if you belong to general category/OBC and 55 % if you belong to SC/ST category.

>> The age limit is 28 years for general and 33/31 for OBC/creamy layers.

>> The application fee is 1000 Rs. for general and 250 for Sc/St and differently abled applicants.

>> The exam is generally conducted in the month of april.

>> There will be 1/4th negative marking system in the examination and the exam will be conducted online i.e. CBT(computer based test).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?