17th March 2015, 03:22 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for DBT JRF exam?

hi..
I finished MSc microbiology last year April 2015. I want to appear for DBT JRF exam. So am i eligible for the exam.
plz help me...

18th March 2015, 02:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for DBT JRF exam?

Eligibility Criteria of DBT JRF Examination:

No, I am really sorry to tell you that you are not eligible to appear in DBT JRF Examination being an M.Sc Microbiology Post Graduate. DBT (Department of Biotechnology) conducts an Eligibility Test called BET (Biotechnology Eligibility Test) extremely for Biotechnology background students and not for other stream candidates.

The allowed M.Sc specializations for this DBT JRF Examination are,

>> M.Sc in Molecular and Human Genetics

>> M.Sc in Neuroscience

Except these above mentioned streams, no other stream in M.Sc is allowed for DBT Junior Research Fellow Examination.
18th March 2015, 03:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 60% marks in your M.Sc Microbiology from a recognized University then surely you can apply for DBT JRF. For reserved category candidates who belong to SC/ST/PH category there is 55% marks required for this exam. Also, make sure your age is below 28 years. There is age relaxation available for reserved category candidates.

Therefore, just make sure that you fulfill this criteria according to the category to which you belong and be prepared for the exam. After qualifying this exam you will be eligible for Junior Research Fellowships with full stipend.
18th March 2015, 11:39 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

* You are not eligible for DBT JRF exam.

* DBT JRF stands for Department of biotechnology Junior research fellowship programme.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

1. Candidates with M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.V.Sc degree with biotechnology with a specialization such as Agricultural, Animal/ Veterinary, Medical, Marine, Industrial, Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Food, bio-resources biotechnology, Bio chemical engineering, Bio sciences and Biotechnology, Bio informatics and M.Sc "Molecular and Human genetics and M.Sc Neuroscience as well as B.Tech/ B.E in Biotechnology from a recognized UGC/ AICTE are eligible to appear for this examination.

2. Candidates age must be below 28 years of age.

3. Candidates can attempt BET examination for maximum of 3 times.
14th January 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I am a M. Sc. Plant biotechnology Student I wanted to ask whether there is a different section 'B' for agricultural biotechnology and just biotechnology in DBT jrf
29th June 2019, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

A final year student of B.TECH (BIO-TECH) is eligible for appearing at BET-DBT exam
5th February 2020, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

I'm msc microbiology passed out student (2019) can.i apply for DBT-jrf 2020?
31st May 2020, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

In DBT application form , there is a column asking "subject for DBT" wat does it mean ??? Whether I should fill my post graduation specialization or subject I'm interested in giving the DBT exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?