4th June 2020, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Which engineering branch has more scope between Computer Science and Civil?

My 10th marks are 98%, Intermediate 1st year is 98%. I'm confused for selecting branches in engineering. My relatives are forcing me to do Civil Engineering but I am more interested in Computer Science Engineering. Which one would be a good branch among these two?

7th June 2020, 01:47 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch has more scope between Computer Science and Civil?

---- According to me, you should opt for Computer Science Engineering because you are interested in it.

Civil Engineers, have to work on road, fields and on construction sites. Civil engineers never get a sitting comfortable job. There are very rare chances that you might get a sitting job. Civil engineers get very good salary packages but the job is hard and there is no stability of jobs for civil engineers.

Computer engineers, always work under comfortable environment with sitting job. They are never asked to go outside. Computer engineers get good salary packages but only in good companies such as multinational companies etc.
7th June 2020, 06:49 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which engineering branch has more scope between Computer Science and Civil?

Civil engineers job is not so easy. Because a civil engineer is have to do it work on road, fields, construction. in short civil engineering never require a sitting comfortable job. in very rare cases might be a civil engineer hire for a sitting job.

As a computer engineer, you always work under comfortable environment with sitting job. You never asked you to go outside for doing tasks.

Both the jobs have good salary but in civil engineering you have to work on field where is in case of computer science engineering you have sitting jobs.
7th June 2020, 07:58 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Civil engineering having huge opportunities specially in government sector and there is no comparison with computer science engineering.

Its true that you would get good salary immediately after computer science but you need to consider that the competition market is very high. But over the years with your expertise and skills you can get to jump in civil engineering too.
7th June 2020, 10:51 PM
Rohan221994

I would say Computer Science. Computer Science and hence IT is in great demand today. You should do Machine Learning because that will be in great demand in coming time. Also try some courses like DevOps or CCNA for Networking Skills.

If you do CIVIL Engineering, you will rarely get college-placements and then you will have to appear for GATE exam to apply for Government Job. Ask your relatives the career-scope for Civil Engineering. If they give you satisfactory facts then think of it. Else if you are not looking for Government job or Civil Field, previous option is best.
7th June 2020, 10:52 PM
DEBASMITA 147

First of all congratulation for your excellent marks.
Now coming to your query....
First of you need to understand that the relatives of yours are not going to build your career.You have to build on by your hardwok.
I am student of civil engineering department in Jadavpur University.Listen both the streams are good in their own platform.What matters most that in which field you feel interesting.Afterall you have to go with this for next 4 or 5 years.
Now coming the field benefit:
If you take computer science the job opportunities will be more.
Civil engineering is the core stream.You may not get chance to sit for more companies in the placement.And u You have already mentioned that you have pretty interest in the computer science stream.
I think it will be best for you to go to the computer science .You may not get interest in civil engineering stream.like most of my classmates have.
All the best for your future.
7th June 2020, 11:08 PM
DEBASMITA 147

Congratulation for your excellent result.
Now coming to your query.:
First of all you need to understand that your relatives will not build your career.You have to build it on by your hardwork.
Now coming to the field importance:
Both the stream are good at their own platform.What matters most is that in which stream you feel interested as you have to go with this for your next whole career journey.
If you take computer science the getting job opportunities will be more as compare to the civil engineering.
Like you can get more companies to sit for in placement.Civil is core department. Some times it is difficult to get a well paid job in that stream.And you have already said that you have pretty interest on computer science .So I think it will best for you to take computer science as I was also a student of civil engineering stream from Jadavpur University.
All the best for your future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?